Making the playoffs... Aren't we?

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I'm not so sure. I checked our upcoming schedule to the end of regular season and i see 16 unwinnable games for us. Assuming we win the 22 games left our record will be 45-37. Last season it had worthed 7th spot Eastern Conference. Right now we are 6 games ahead of Charlotte, the most dangerous menace IMO. Could they win 29 of their next 40 games? I don't think so. But that's best case scenario.

Our worst case scenario, not so pessimistic given the fact how bad we're playing lately, is to win only 16 and lose 22 games. In that case, our record will be 39-43. Last season it had left us 10th spot Eastern Conference. It would be only +10 games better than our last season's record. Could Charlotte win 23 of their next 40 games? Definitely. So can Philadelphia win 21 from 41. It could leave us 8th spot in the end. Disappointing, but also counts as a playoff run.

So, yeah... 16 more wins and we finally made it.

TakMan

Rotation player
One Game - Four Quarters - 48 minutes - Over 200 points

It will be interesting to see whether the Knicks play the trade game correctly. Rather than opt for further entertainment, they need to look at creating a defence (using the word "strengthening" felt like I wasn't emphasising this enough) Bring in a rebounder and a defensive guard in place of Gallinari, Randolph, and Curry (Though I do believe Curry may deserve a chance). I don't think the Knicks have as many issues defending shots as they do contesting the aftermath of those shots. It's getting too funny these days watching opponents drive down the court and not hearing so much as a half-hearted cry of "Defence" on the side of the Knicks fans.

KingCharles34

All Star
We're makin the playoffs aright, but this team was very overrated early on by us fans. We got a good .500 team but we haven't joined the elites yet. As fans we gotta stay realistic because if we start dreamin and overrating our team then we wont be lookin like the smartest fans which we are. Lets just keep it reality

iSaYughh

Starter
We're makin the playoffs aright, but this team was very overrated early on by us fans. We got a good .500 team but we haven't joined the elites yet. As fans we gotta stay realistic because if we start dreamin and overrating our team then we wont be lookin like the smartest fans which we are. Lets just keep it reality
:agreed:

.500, or better; playoffs; development of some youth; get some respect, swag, and fear injected back into our franchise.

These were season expectations and standards that would meet, r eclipse, most any KO or nba analysts thoughts.

We need a little help for Amare n Felton. Even a basic amount of better support to keep them fresh n dominant to be able to close out games.

Either a decent back up pg/big, premier scoring weapon, or..

Chandler and really Gallo, can peak towards end of season in tandem.

One of these three n we can raise playoff expectations some. All three and we are touching upon the elite team we all crave n demand.

Most of our high profile losses are coming by way of degree. Every inch counts so much in the nfl; where we are as a team, it does as well.

Melo may revolutionise us. But to evolve in the ways we pinpoint in big losses, a la, Okc game, Bos game, etc:

It's a matter of shoring up basic holes on an incomplete roster.

D'ants predilection for short rotation and offense, exacerbates our problemos. It certainly makes them more obvious n public.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm not so sure. I checked our upcoming schedule to the end of regular season and i see 16 unwinnable games for us. Assuming we win the 22 games left our record will be 45-37. Last season it had worthed 7th spot Eastern Conference. Right now we are 6 games ahead of Charlotte, the most dangerous menace IMO. Could they win 29 of their next 40 games? I don't think so. But that's best case scenario.

Our worst case scenario, not so pessimistic given the fact how bad we're playing lately, is to win only 16 and lose 22 games. In that case, our record will be 39-43. Last season it had left us 10th spot Eastern Conference. It would be only +10 games better than our last season's record. Could Charlotte win 23 of their next 40 games? Definitely. So can Philadelphia win 21 from 41. It could leave us 8th spot in the end. Disappointing, but also counts as a playoff run.

So, yeah... 16 more wins and we finally made it.
if we miss the playoffs then Mike D is an ultimate fail of a coach

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
if we miss the playoffs then Mike D is an ultimate fail of a coach

so much negativity in here. We will make the play offs guys. The east got weaker while the top teams from last year just got deeper. Many play off contender teams like the cavs..charlotte..Toronto Raptors..Bucks.. aren't good this year. We will def get 6th seed and most likely face the bulls. I think MIami will be number 1-2 seed by end of season.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
so much negativity in here. We will make the play offs guys. The east got weaker while the top teams from last year just got deeper. Many play off contender teams like the cavs..charlotte..Toronto Raptors..Bucks.. aren't good this year. We will def get 6th seed and most likely face the bulls. I think MIami will be number 1-2 seed by end of season.

We need to be careful with Charlotte and Philly. They're blossoming lately. The opposite of us. Sometimes it's all about confidence and winning streaks. If we return to our december's form, it's a done thing. But i'm afraid we're running out of gas.

There's no way we don't make the playoffs. The east is way too weak. We're pretty much locked into that 6th spot. And what do you mean by unwinnable games? Did you have our wins against the Spurs and Thunder last month marked as unwinnable too?

tiger0330

Legend
We need to be careful with Charlotte and Philly. They're blossoming lately. The opposite of us. Sometimes it's all about confidence and winning streaks. If we return to our december's form, it's a done thing. But i'm afraid we're running out of gas.
It's no given that we make the playoffs, ur right Philly and Charlotte are playing better and to think I was saying we could be the third seed when we were on that winning streak. Walsh has to do some deals and get rid of the dead wood, there's a lot of time left in the season and a key injury would kill our chances, bring in some players that D'Antoni will actually play.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
There's no way we don't make the playoffs. The east is way too weak. We're pretty much locked into that 6th spot. And what do you mean by unwinnable games? Did you have our wins against the Spurs and Thunder last month marked as unwinnable too?

I was making a prediction here. We showed we could win against San Antonio or Oklahoma the same way we showed we could lose against Cleveland or Sacramento. There is no such thing as an unwinnable game, but there are games that we are going to be defeated in 98 out of 100 times.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The Indiana Gaycers and the Bucks minus Brandon Jennings scare the shit outta me...not. The Sixers have been on a roll but we have a big time cushion on them, and they'll fall back to earth soon enough. We gonna secure that 6th spot come playoff time, I just hope we end up playing Chicago, who I believe we can upset.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
The Indiana Gaycers and the Bucks minus Brandon Jennings scare the shit outta me...not. The Sixers have been on a roll but we have a big time cushion on them, and they'll fall back to earth soon enough. We gonna secure that 6th spot come playoff time, I just hope we end up playing Chicago, who I believe we can upset.

Interesting you should bring up the Bulls in that context as for me personally they are a team I hope we avoid. The reason I'm not to hot on meeting them in the playoffs is they are a very good team and they excell where we flouder, in the paint. Noah especially could give us a few nightmares come playoff time.

We're 1 player away from being a legit playoff threat and that player is a dominant rebounding C. Melo is great and all but scoring points isn't our biggest problem is it?

iSaYughh

Starter
Interesting you should bring up the Bulls in that context as for me personally they are a team I hope we avoid. The reason I'm not to hot on meeting them in the playoffs is they are a very good team and they excell where we flouder, in the paint. Noah especially could give us a few nightmares come playoff time.

We're 1 player away from being a legit playoff threat and that player is a dominant rebounding C. Melo is great and all but scoring points isn't our biggest problem is it?

It's not fashionable to say, but scoring more points than our opponents is our biggest problem.

Agree 100 about Chicago. Very talented team, n complete. Put oj mayo r some new sg who can shoot and they could be right up there w anyone assuming they are healthy.

Rose
Mayo
Deng
Boozer
Noah

What teams have a better 5 than that? Celtics? Maybe?

I'd love us to play Miami first round. I could see us upsetting. Plus, if we're going to lose en route to a chip this yr, I'd like us to have the best shot at kneecapping Miami and shocking the sports world in the most glorious possible way.

Get us Melo at deadline Donnie. Make Wade start fetching diapers for Riley.

SlimChin

Rookie
i think we'll definitely make the playoffs but i'll be pleasantly shocked if we get passed the 1st rd.

but even if we don't, i see it as upside. it'll give this young team playoff experience that's only going to make them better next yr. and hopefully we'll have melo by then.