Gallo Doesn't Affect Games???

15-4 record when Felton has a double-double in points and assists:
6-1 ? November (loss to the Nuggets)
6-2 ? December (losses to the Celtics and Cavaliers)
3-1 ? January (loss to the Jazz)

13-4 record when Felton has a double-double and Stoudemire scores at least 20 points:
4-1 ? November (loss to the Nuggets)

10-2 record when Felton has a double-double, Stoudemire scores at least 20 points and Chandler scores at least 15:
3-1 ? November (loss to the Nuggets)
4-1 ? December (loss to the Celtics)
3-0 ? January

THESE ARE SOME INTERESTING STATS THEY ACTUALLY POINTS OUT HOW LOWER THIS TEAM VALUES GALLO AND HE ISN'T IN DIRECT CORRELATION TO WINS/LOSES

skisloper

Starter
15-4 record when Felton has a double-double in points and assists:
6-1 ? November (loss to the Nuggets)

13-4 record when Felton has a double-double and Stoudemire scores at least 20 points:
4-1 ? November (loss to the Nuggets)

10-2 record when Felton has a double-double, Stoudemire scores at least 20 points and Chandler scores at least 15:
3-1 ? November (loss to the Nuggets)
4-1 ? December (loss to the Celtics)
3-0 ? January

THESE ARE SOME INTERESTING STATS THEY ACTUALLY POINTS OUT HOW LOWER THIS TEAM VALUES GALLO AND HE ISN'T IN DIRECT CORRELATION TO WINS/LOSES

again with Gallo.....
Last week you said who needs Anthony when Chandler does the samething...

were u an Isiah and Marbury Fan ?

threaddelivers2i.jpg

KBlack25

Starter
This thread is funny because in another thread I was informed that every loss, turnover, missed free throw, missed layup, missed shot was all the fault of the coach, who shockingly has not played a single minute this season.

Paul1355

All Star
This thread is funny because in another thread I was informed that every loss, turnover, missed free throw, missed layup, missed shot was all the fault of the coach, who shockingly has not played a single minute this season.
when your army gets killed, you blame the general, not the troops

KBlack25

Starter
when your army gets killed, you blame the general, not the troops

A little melodramatic. It's basketball. Not war. Two different things. Troops are different than players, they are told and taught to strictly abide by orders, no questions asked. NBA players are taught to go out and play the game. General can't help it if a sniper misses his shot he should be able to make in his sleep. D'Antoni can't help it if we miss layups and turn the ball over. Sniper would get blamed for a missed shot.

Paul1355

All Star
A little melodramatic. It's basketball. Not war. Two different things. Troops are different than players, they are told and taught to strictly abide by orders, no questions asked. NBA players are taught to go out and play the game. General can't help it if a sniper misses his shot he should be able to make in his sleep. D'Antoni can't help it if we miss layups and turn the ball over. Sniper would get blamed for a missed shot.

Maybe so but these guys are NBA players, the best in the world. Not mere snipers, these guys are Navy Seals.

So when they fail or look completely foolish like the Knicks have in the past. The general (Dantoni) has to take most of the blame.

It is all about foundation and strategy. And my beef with Mike D is that 95% of his strategy is for his offense.

A general can't say this "Guys hold the line" when the guys holding the line haven't really been taught to properly stand in formation during training.

You see where I'm getting at?

Mike D has been known to not emphasize defense in practice and in games. Is it his fault he is not a good defensive coach? NO but it is his fault if he thinks that scoring so much is the only way to success. His strategy is a red flag.

He needs Alexander the Great to pull off his game plan. He had Steve Nash, one of the best PG to ever play the game, and he couldn't do it. Why? Crunch time defense.

That's the basis of it.

One dimensional strategies.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Dude. Nash was an aged borderline all-star who had a career peak prior to going to D'antoni. He only became a HOF, "one of the greatest point guards ever" under D'antoni.

So especially if we are to give MD such power and responsibility over player performance, he is hugely responsible for the creation of one of the best pg's in the history of the game; and other remarkable transformations and evolutions of PHO players.

The PHO squad wasn't a stacked team or inherent powerhouse loaded w premier talent n HOF'ers. Prior to remarkable evolutions of players getting coached up/pumped up.

KBlack25

Starter
Maybe so but these guys are NBA players, the best in the world. Not mere snipers, these guys are Navy Seals.

So when they fail or look completely foolish like the Knicks have in the past. The general (Dantoni) has to take most of the blame.

It is all about foundation and strategy. And my beef with Mike D is that 95% of his strategy is for his offense.

A general can't say this "Guys hold the line" when the guys holding the line haven't really been taught to properly stand in formation during training.

You see where I'm getting at?

Mike D has been known to not emphasize defense in practice and in games. Is it his fault he is not a good defensive coach? NO but it is his fault if he thinks that scoring so much is the only way to success. His strategy is a red flag.

He needs Alexander the Great to pull off his game plan. He had Steve Nash, one of the best PG to ever play the game, and he couldn't do it. Why? Crunch time defense.

That's the basis of it.

One dimensional strategies.

I don't get where this is coming from. I hear the guy mic'd up in the locker room, I hear him mic'd up at games, stressing the importance of defense in the huddles, before games. I know there's that STAT quote from years ago, but I just don't get this "He doesn't stress defense in the huddle" when I watch the game and hear him stress defense in pre-game and in the huddle...

Are people just not watching that? Or do they choose to ignore it?

mafra

Legend
I've come to the conclusion that the Knicks are tough to beat when 2 things happen:

1) Stoudemire & Felton combine for 45+ points
2) Gallo & Chandler combine for 35+ points

The Knicks need to score over 100 points to win games, for the most part. To achieve this, they need 3 of the 4 BIG GUNS to score and score some more.

Amar'e has to score 20+, Felton 15+, Chandler or Gallo has to be 20+ and the other over 10. This is the bare minimum,

When both Amar'e and Felton are playing well, it opens things up for Chandler or Gallo. Given space and room to work, one of these 2 can get things going for a stretch here and there.

After the big 4, the knicks need about 20 points from the rest of the bunch. When all of these things occur.... Knicks can beat almost anybody. A breakdown in any of the areas means NYK are vulnerable to anyone.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't get where this is coming from. I hear the guy mic'd up in the locker room, I hear him mic'd up at games, stressing the importance of defense in the huddles, before games. I know there's that STAT quote from years ago, but I just don't get this "He doesn't stress defense in the huddle" when I watch the game and hear him stress defense in pre-game and in the huddle...

Are people just not watching that? Or do they choose to ignore it?

I don't think Paul is saying Dantoni doesn't urge defense on the sideline. I think him including myself believe that his focus in practice (where you get better) is geared toward running shooting.

I just don't get a sense that the players understand their job is to score as well as play good defense. Importance should be placed on both equally.

I remember watching those training camp videos and wondering why they were only running up and down launching shots. It didn't seem like training... then I thought about it and realized that Dantoni was searching for his shooters. No zone defense was being practiced or anyone on the coaching staff giving guys pointers on effective man to man defense. I've seen coaches help players defens better by showing them film or ways to use your body legally without fouling. There's also no communication on defense. Add to that, whenever Dantoni talks about losing a game or a big lead he mostly references the shots that were missed.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I've come to the conclusion that the Knicks are tough to beat when 2 things happen:

1) Stoudemire & Felton combine for 45+ points
2) Gallo & Chandler combine for 35+ points

The Knicks need to score over 100 points to win games, for the most part. To achieve this, they need 3 of the 4 BIG GUNS to score and score some more.

Amar'e has to score 20+, Felton 15+, Chandler or Gallo has to be 20+ and the other over 10. This is the bare minimum,

When both Amar'e and Felton are playing well, it opens things up for Chandler or Gallo. Given space and room to work, one of these 2 can get things going for a stretch here and there.

After the big 4, the knicks need about 20 points from the rest of the bunch. When all of these things occur.... Knicks can beat almost anybody. A breakdown in any of the areas means NYK are vulnerable to anyone.
I agree and this also means that they have to consistently shoot a high percentage. Clearly this won't always happen (as we've just seen) so until this team gets better defensively we'll be good but never good enough.