Chandler Doesn't Want to leave NY

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Knicks' Chandler doesn't want to be in Denver

By Mark J. Miller
New York Knicks forward Wilson Chandler(notes) isn't happy about his name coming up in trade rumors for Carmelo Anthony(notes), a source tells the New York Daily News.
And now, the source says, Chandler is switching agents to the fella who represents Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), Happy Walters. Chandler ditched his last agent, Chris Luchey, last week, the paper reports.
"He's really worried that he's going to get traded," the source told the paper. "He doesn't want to leave New York. And he doesn't want to be in Denver."
Chandler, who is averaging 17.1 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this year, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nba/2011/01/27/knicks-chandler-doesnt-want-to-be-in-denver

I say, if we can get Melo and have to include the "Thrill" in this deal- Pull the trigger even if he is going to hate us forever. This is a business man get with the program :2cents:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer

By Mark J. Miller
New York Knicks forward Wilson Chandler(notes) isn't happy about his name coming up in trade rumors for Carmelo Anthony(notes), a source tells the New York Daily News.
And now, the source says, Chandler is switching agents to the fella who represents Amar'e Stoudemire(notes), Happy Walters. Chandler ditched his last agent, Chris Luchey, last week, the paper reports.
"He's really worried that he's going to get traded," the source told the paper. "He doesn't want to leave New York. And he doesn't want to be in Denver."
Chandler, who is averaging 17.1 points and 6.2 rebounds a game this year, will be a restricted free agent this summer.

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nba/2011/01/27/knicks-chandler-doesnt-want-to-be-in-denver

I say, if we can get Melo and have to include the "Thrill" in this deal- Pull the trigger even if he is going to hate us forever. This is a business man get with the program :2cents:

Chandler was bred and raised as a Knick. You really have to wonder will giving up these many assets for one player make us better or worst?

TakMan

Rotation player
What I don't get about Chandler is that he seems to be able to drive into the paint with such ease. He's athletic, explosive, and relatively powerful. Yet there are games where he just decides to set camp outside the arc and proceeds with building a new stadium by throwing brick after brick. He's not a tragically bad shooter, but I feel he should mostly leave the long range shooting to more suitable players. (Mainly Williams, Walker, and Gallinari)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Thing is Chandler's also really improved at that, he used to be MUCH worse when it came to camping out on the outside...although it helps that his shooting has improved much from last year as well

This actually could hurt us. Den probably already does not wanna pay him, and now he crying abt goin?

Shut up n play ball son

p0nder

Starter
Chandler is a good player, and I want to keep him in NY. Donnie walsh has said he wants to sign him long term. I think he is a great role player and would thrive in a system with STAT, Felton and Melo.

If there is a way to keep him Donnie will find it. I know it's a business, but Chandler is a gem that has been flying under the radar. If he was more consistent there would be many more calling for him to stay. If he put up 25 points and 8 rebounds + a blk each game we'd half to keep him. We know he's capable of it, but he has to continue to show that level of DESIRE for the rest of his floor time.

skisloper

Starter
Chandler is a good player, and I want to keep him in NY. Donnie walsh has said he wants to sign him long term. I think he is a great role player and would thrive in a system with STAT, Felton and Melo.

If there is a way to keep him Donnie will find it. I know it's a business, but Chandler is a gem that has been flying under the radar. If he was more consistent there would be many more calling for him to stay. If he put up 25 points and 8 rebounds + a blk each game we'd half to keep him. We know he's capable of it, but he has to continue to show that level of DESIRE for the rest of his floor time.

His consistency does not seem to have anything to do with his athletic ability.
It has to do with his effort.
There is no way he deserves the 10 million he will ask for.
If he played his heart out 100% of the time maybe.

** This is his contract year. I think what you get Chandler today is what you will get over the next 4 years. No better and no worse.***

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer

** This is his contract year. I think what you get Chandler today is what you will get over the next 4 years. No better and no worse.***

I want to see this effort every time he steps on the floor- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PDxjuRT8A

p0nder

Starter

That's exactly what i'm saying. If he came out with the fire and intensity and heart then he could put up the 20+ pts for us. but there are games where he will come out and be lucky to get 8 points! WHY?? he has talent and athletic ability, he just needs to find a way to channel his desire to win on the floor. If he can shut down LBJ and put up a decent line tonight i suspect he'll be with us past the trade deadline.

tiger0330

Legend
Don't know how he stays a Knick, if Denver does make a trade with us he's in the package. If Melo signs with us in the off-season we're not picking up his option. His contract is his undoing, we can't afford Melo and keep him.

Hey, it's a business and Denver is not a bad place to live. The Rocky Mountains are beautiful Wil.

KingofNy

Starter
I knew it!!! He's been sucking on purpose lately. I had courtside seats for the game in San Antonio last week and he looked like he was pissed at the world. He wasn't hustling at all and it looked like he wasn't even trying to drive or make his shots and he hasn't even tried to play defense either.

I've been blaming a lot of our recent losses on him and now this report just kind of verifies what I've been thinking. I hope we get rid of him, there's nothing worse than a player that acts like a baby and throws games because he might get traded. That's pretty low.

petescud

Starter
I don't think its all that. I think he's playing hurt and he's afraid to give the extra effort cause he's afraid he'll blow out his knee or something....just a guess...

I knew it!!! He's been sucking on purpose lately. I had courtside seats for the game in San Antonio last week and he looked like he was pissed at the world. He wasn't hustling at all and it looked like he wasn't even trying to drive or make his shots and he hasn't even tried to play defense either.

I've been blaming a lot of our recent losses on him and now this report just kind of verifies what I've been thinking. I hope we get rid of him, there's nothing worse than a player that acts like a baby and throws games because he might get traded. That's pretty low.
This makes no sense.

Paul1355

All Star

By Mark J. Miller

We have to not give a crap what Chandler wants

We know since he got Happy Walters as an agent, he is going to want big money

The reprts were that Chandlers new agent was seeking a deal in the 50 million dollar range, and my guess is about 7-10 mil per year which is way too high for Wilson.

Wilson is a very young player on the rise and helps in every way, but only a sucker team would go for a deal like that

Wilson will be traded and he has to deal with it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Believe me when I say, "Chandler is a keeper for the next 2 to 4 seasons",
the performance the Knicks gave in their first 41 games this season prove
the Knicks is desperate for a defensive tall-ball headcoach for the outstanding
performance from Felton/ Douglas/ Fields/ Chandler/ Amare/and Turiaf.
These 6-players already "earned" a second-season together as part of a
12-man roster next season under a different headcoach

All the peeps wanting Melo in New York, are the same ole Gallo-Fans whom
found out Gallo is not going to become a super-star Dirk, or a star point-
foward Odom. So rather than give the Knicks future starting SF spot to
Wilson Chandler they feel its better to give Carmelo a max contract worth
a $100M to be the Knicks future SF.
Imagine a NO-DEFENSE tandem Amare & Carmelo in a postseason series
trying to defend the paint in the 4th quarter of each game.
Melo would go nice with Amare under an experience defensive bigman headcoach
Tom Thibodeau or coach JVG. The average NBA headcoach could
not get Amare & Melo pass the first round playoffs.

KingofNy

Starter
This makes no sense.

What makes no sense? Has he not been playing terrible lately?

I saw him live in front-row seats and he looked totally out of it. It was obvious he wasn't his usual self and the reason was obvious. Sorry you don't feel the same way. It's obvious he's trying to hurt his trade value because he doesn't want to leave the Knicks or NYC. Believe what you want.