3485218615_384209b5c9.jpg

images

Miami Heat

@
New_York_Knicks_logo.png

New York Knicks

jpzthread.png

Gameday Matchup

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th> </th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">Miami
</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">New York
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">W-L</td><td style="text-align: right;">31-13</td><td style="text-align: right;">23-21</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points</td><td style="text-align: right;">101.8</td><td style="text-align: right;">106.7</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points Allowed</td><td style="text-align: right;">93.9</td><td style="text-align: right;">106.3</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Home Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">16-5</td><td style="text-align: right;">11-9</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Road Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">15-8</td><td style="text-align: right;">12-12</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Current Streak</td><td style="text-align: right;">W1</td><td style="text-align: right;">W1</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Last 10</td><td style="text-align: right;">6-4</td><td style="text-align: right;">3-7</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last 5 Games

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left;" width="30%">Miami</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: left;" width="30%">New York</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr valign="top"> <td style="text-align: left;">Jan 22 TOR Win 120-103
Jan 18 ATL Loss 93-89
Jan 15 @CHI Loss 99-96
Jan 13 @DEN Loss 130-102
Jan 12 @LAC Loss 111-105
</td> <td style="text-align: left;">Jan 24 WSH Win 115-106
Jan 22 @OKC Loss 101-98
Jan 21 @SA Loss 101-92
Jan 19 @HOU Loss 104-89
Jan 17 PHX Loss 129-121</td></tr></tbody></table>

Depth Chart

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th width="5%"> </th><th style="line-height: 25px; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left;">Miami (PPG)</th><th style="line-height: 25px; border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: left;">New York (PPG)</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="odd" valign="top" align="right"><td style="text-align: left;">PG </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>M. Chalmers 6.3</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>R. Felton 17.5</nobr></td></tr><tr class="even" valign="top" align="right"><td style="text-align: left;">SG </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>D. Wade 25.1</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>L. Fields 9.8</nobr></td></tr><tr class="odd" valign="top" align="right"><td style="text-align: left;">SF </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>J. Jones 6.8</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>W. Chandler 17.1</nobr></td></tr><tr class="even" valign="top" align="right"><td style="text-align: left;">PF </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>L. James 25.9</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>D. Gallinari 15.5</nobr></td></tr><tr class="odd" valign="top" align="right"><td style="text-align: left;">C </td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>Z. Ilgauskas 5.1</nobr></td><td style="text-align: left;"><nobr>A. Stoudemire 26.1</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

Game Opinions

pricey.png

With Chris Bosh out through injury the opportunity for Amare Stoudamire to control the paint will be there in a nationally televised game.
Last time the Knicks were able to run with the Heat for a half before Dwayne Wade and Lebron James took over in the 2nd half and Miami ran away with it.
The Knicks arent in the form they were in the last time they ran into the Heat at MSG but perhaps with expectations that Miami will win this and win well the Knicks can come out and show something to remind not just Knick fans but NBA fans in general that this team is on the rise and will be a force sooner rather then later.
My player i think that needs to dominate in his position for the Knicks to have a chance is Raymond Felton. Arroyo was influential last time at MSG so if Raymond can dominate at the point it will go some way towards the Knicks having a chance against Miami.
GO KNICKS!

oppontent.png

We should win this even without CB1. However, the Knicks will be ready to face us, so don't count on NY to roll over at home like they kinda did when we beat them 113-91 at MSG

Lebron is going to take revenge against Stoudamire. Cause Stoudamire dunk on him in the last game. Well it was not a poster, but dunk in front of him.

A slew of injuries have prevented Miami's three superstars from playing together in more than two weeks. With Chris Bosh out indefinitely, the New York Knicks hope to take advantage as they try to end a long losing streak against the Heat.
Minus Bosh and with Dwyane Wade fighting migraines, the Heat begin a stretch of four games in five days at Madison Square Garden on Thursday night by looking for their eighth straight win against New York.
Bosh missed his second straight game with a high ankle sprain and Wade also sat out Saturday's 120-103 win over Toronto that snapped Miami's season-high four-game losing streak. Combined with LeBron James missing two games earlier this month due to an ankle problem, the Heat's high-scoring trio haven't played together since Jan. 12.
Without Bosh, the Heat (31-13) plan to go with a smaller lineup against the Knicks, meaning James will play plenty of minutes at power forward -- something the NBA's two-time reigning MVP likes.
"We want guys to play with confidence," said James, who led the Heat with 38 points against the Raptors. "We don't want anyone to play outside of what they can do, but we want them to play at a high level and play with confidence. It's a great opportunity.
"We want C.B. back as quick as possible, but it's given guys an opportunity to play with confidence."
One of those players may be Mike Miller, who hit 6 of 11 3-pointers and scored 32 points starting in place of Wade on Saturday.
"I think when we go to New York, they'll probably have Mike Miller on the scouting report," James said.
Wade, averaging 35.1 points in his last eight games against the Knicks, is expected to play after wearing sunglasses in practice to help prevent another migraine attack. However, the Heat will miss the inside presence of Bosh, who scored 26 points in a 113-91 win against New York on Dec. 17.
Miami will sandwich home games against Detroit and Cleveland around a visit to Oklahoma City during its upcoming stretch.
New York's Amare Stoudemire is averaging 27.0 points and 10.5 rebounds in two games against Miami, including a 30-point effort in a 106-98 loss Dec. 28. He had 30 points and pulled down nine rebounds as New York (23-21) snapped a six-game losing streak Monday with a 115-106 win against Washington.
"We knew how important this game was," Stoudemire said. "We all pretty much showed the urgency to get this win."
Stoudemire ranks second in the NBA this season, averaging 26.1 points -- just ahead of James' 25.9. He's averaging 27.3 points while helping New York post an 11-9 record at MSG.
The Knicks, among the league leaders with 106.7 points per game, will need another big game from Wilson Chandler if they hope to beat Miami for the first time since Oct. 29, 2008. Chandler, who averages 17.1 points, has totaled 38 points on 53.6 percent shooting against the Heat in 2010-11.
However, James is averaging 38.6 points on 56.4 percent shooting in his last five trips to MSG, and Wade scored a career-high 55 against the Knicks on March 12, 2009.
-ESPN.com

Go New York Knicksssss!
jpzthread.png

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm looking forward to this. Leaving in a little over an hour, they had valet parking in the garage for the last Heat game and that shit took forever.

Lets. Go. Knicks.....Lets. Go. Knicks. :gony:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Ok so apparently I'm a little too hyped up, I didn't realize the game was at 8...I was thinking 7 for some reason.

But does anyone know when they're announcing the All-Star starters? If it's before the game then I gotta leave early anyway.

Ok so apparently I'm a little too hyped up, I didn't realize the game was at 8...I was thinking 7 for some reason.

But does anyone know when they're announcing the All-Star starters? If it's before the game then I gotta leave early anyway.
They announce it at 7 and the game is at 8 I hope Stat is starting for the ALLSTAR Game :crossfingers:

Sage

Rotation player
Played this one on NBA2k11 yesterday. Was beating them for 3Q but lost it in the 4th. Hope the Knicks play basketball better than I do. :)

They're showing this one live in Australia so I don't need to use the sneaky stream. :)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
For some reason I have a feeling Gallo is going to give Leboron a run for his money tnite.. :beer:

Last edited:

Sage

Rotation player
Dunno what Gallo was doing earlier but he's 1/5 since I tuned in. Maybe it's me.

..and he's being bit of a ball hog. Felt is doing a great job out there so far finding the open man.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I cringe every time our second unit comes out. Combined they have 5 points thus far, we'll need AT LEAST another 15-20 out of them, some boards (obviously) and some red hot D

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Why does Williams have to try to shoot off the dribble?? He's a spot shooter-- thas it..

Edit*

Just saw an interesting stat about Melo and Iverson when they played together in 07-08.

If they could make it work, while both averaging 25, Amare and Melo would be fine sharing the ball imo. Add to that the friendship aspect & its a no brainer.

Last edited: