Miami @ New York 1/27/11

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Havent been on in awhile....

but I came back to say THAT WAS AWESOME.

I don't care if bosh wasn't there, we beat Wade and James. and we were unable to beat the Cavs last year or Miami the last 2 times we faced them.

This is sweet.

Gallo and Fields big time plays. I don't want to gut this team for Melo. Let's see where we go from here with the team at hand (we could add a big or a backup point of course)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great win.

Same as the Suns game a couple of games ago, in the 4th quarter I wanted the ball to get to Gallo, and he did hit a shot. This time, he got it several times and delivered huge and we won.

Shawne Williams and Fields were great. Amar'e kicked us off.

On another streak!

Havent been on in awhile....

but I came back to say THAT WAS AWESOME.

I don't care if bosh wasn't there, we beat Wade and James. and we were unable to beat the Cavs last year or Miami the last 2 times we faced them.

This is sweet.

Gallo and Fields big time plays. I don't want to gut this team for Melo. Let's see where we go from here with the team at hand (we could add a big or a backup point of course)
No disrespect, but seriously we ain't goin nowhere without another scorer. We lose by 20 if Bosh plays. Do what we must to get him. As long as we have Ray, our system will run. But adding Melo just is too much for defenses to deal wit. See what the Heat can do by resting one star, while one stays? We are dreadful when Stat sits. But add Melo and that changes.

Even without a back up pg, we're still fine, cuz melo is an iso player, so Douglas lack of crt vision does not hurt us.

We need Melo.

la2ny

Starter
No disrespect, but seriously we ain't goin nowhere without another scorer. We lose by 20 if Bosh plays. Do what we must to get him. As long as we have Ray, our system will run. But adding Melo just is too much for defenses to deal wit. See what the Heat can do by resting one star, while one stays? We are dreadful when Stat sits. But add Melo and that changes.

Even without a back up pg, we're still fine, cuz melo is an iso player, so Douglas lack of crt vision does not hurt us.

We need Melo.
throw in the fact we could trade for telfair or tj ford or even sign jason"white chocolate"williams to be backup pg

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

We need Melo.

No, I absolutely get it. What I mean is I rather wait till free agency to get him. I don't want to gut the team chemistry we got going on. Fields is a gem. I think it would be easier to incorporate Melo by keeping all these guys instead of trading Gallo/Fields/Chandler/Whoever away.

la2ny

Starter
Lets all just admit the problem is laundry and not Gallo or Will. Will is as good as gone because someones gonna throw money at him and were going to try 2 better the team and if he costs to much he's out. Gallo is going to stay so idont have 2 break him down. Landry though, no one wants to let go. I totally understand why, especially after a game like tonight. I still feel in the long run I can't allow him to prevent a potential deal for him because I feel i can find another hard working role player that isn't going to do exactly what Landry does, but knows what role to play and can still contribute.

No, I absolutely get it. What I mean is I rather wait till free agency to get him. I don't want to gut the team chemistry we got going on. Fields is a gem. I think it would be easier to incorporate Melo by keeping all these guys instead of trading Gallo/Fields/Chandler/Whoever away.

I doubt it comes down to that. None of us wanna see Fields go. But we'll struggle a lot less, with Melo, even with Fields gone. Williams can man the 2, and maybe we can even steal a Mayo type, wit this steriod issue. Realistically, we're losing fIelds n Chandler. It's worth it. Anyone else goin would be fillers, who don't play much anyways.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
knicks rule... didn't play great but got the w... we'll get melo maybe not this year but we will get him and we are not going to give up fields.. no way... he is probably the second fav knick at the garden right now... no way they trade him the fans would go nuts... i don't give a shit whats written here... i know the garden and fields is a huge fan fav right now and its been awhile since we have had a drafted dude to call our own... he ain't going no where.

iSaYughh

Starter
Looks like I was on to something...

:beer:

A big win. MIA had a much higher fg% than us, too.

I'd hate to see Field's go, especially if we get Melo. I still think itl just be Chandler, AR, and a 1st we procure, maybe a final piece or two like Walker. Even Moz I could see as a logical throw in.

That alone makes us an elite team on the rise; whatever other big man upgrade we receive in the off season could put us on par w any team.

Anyone else hoping we make a powermove for a pg in the draft? Idk, i've been thinking if when Felton is up for new deal, if we had a pg tandem of like...Rubio (or some creative pure passing guard) alongside a more hybrid pg who can really stretch the floor and score (jimmy fredette?), we'd be sitting real tight. And save more money, too, to make other refinements.

I do like Raymondo, and he clearly isn't our worst player, and is a good player. But for us...and especially going forward as a playoff team n franchise:

I see him as our weakest and most dubious link. :2cents:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What a game.

In my mind what makes Gallo a good player is he has the instinct in the 4th quarter to get it done. He just makes big shots and gets big plays...

Chandler does too such as that block last year that saved the game against the Hawks, but it seems as if Gallo's shooting ability is going to serve the Knicks well. Certainly they wouldn't have won this game without him.

But all that said, we have to be smart. Let's be honest, the odds of LeBron James going 7-24 is very unlikely. If LeBron had a better shooting night (and he's going to have an off night once in a while, but it's rare) then we don't win this game. If the two squads (missing the players they were missing tonight) played each other 10 times the heat would win 8 out of 10 because the odds of LeBron having such a bad shooting night are low.

We lucked out, and it was a great win, not because we beat the Heat, but rather because we did it by playing good defense and getting stops and making crucial baskets.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Hope people realize we are better off with Gallo then Chandler to be a contender...

Neither is an outright superstar ...But a guy like Gallo can step up when he needs to....he gets it...

Chandler who does have talent does not get it,,,,he lacks intensity....

I say start Williams and put Chandler on the bench.....Tell williams he is starting the next 5 games so he relaxes...

Last night Williams drove to the hoop, rebounded and kept the knicks alive...
Offensive rebounds!!!

Trade Walker, Randolph and Chandler.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I missed this one unfortunately as I was working a 12 hour night shift (I love the Knicks but need straight cash homey:p)

Anyway, I did catch it on the radio and I have a few questions to ask if that's okay.

What do you feel made the difference to us being able to play what at times what lockdown D?

Why did Spoelstra move Wade to PG?

Was it still obvious even in such an impressive defeat that we need a true C who can pick up numerous rebounds?

Thanks.

Oh yeah nearly forgot....

WOOHOO!

mafra

Legend
I missed this one unfortunately as I was working a 12 hour night shift (I love the Knicks but need straight cash homey:p)

Anyway, I did catch it on the radio and I have a few questions to ask if that's okay.

What do you feel made the difference to us being able to play what at times what lockdown D?

Why did Spoelstra move Wade to PG?

Was it still obvious even in such an impressive defeat that we need a true C who can pick up numerous rebounds?

Thanks.

Oh yeah nearly forgot....

WOOHOO!

MIA was w/out BOSH, so that really helped the Knicks. The Heat couldn't really expose NY in the paint b/c Chris is a big part of their interior offense. Lebron played PF instead, and he missed 14 of 18 shots... Some were wide pen 10-foot looks.

Of course, Wade and Lebron could get to the rim at will... BUT, the Knicks did try to stay in front even if many drives went uncontested from help defenders. It didn't matter b/c the refs pretty much gave MIA whatever it wanted, so any contacted was deemed a foul. On one particular drive in the 4th, Chandler protected the rim and blocked a Wade layup attemp... got all ball. Wade still got free throws.

D-Wade gave NY this game b/c he shot .500 from the FT stripe. He was like 7-14 or something. That was huge.

Shawne Williams was aboslutely fantastic tonight. He played GREAT man-2-man defense. He locked Lebron down. Sure, LJ was off, but SW was able to pester James in the 2nd half and stayed in front of him. Just being there helped to keep LJ cold. Williams also helped out on the glass and drove to the hoop. He's getting better and better, and is looking like a steal. Credit MD there... We all ragged on him for keeping SW on this team.

Fields was brilliant all night. Gallo great in the 4th quarter. He may be awkward and uncoordinated at times, but he plays with that competitive fire. Something Chandler sorely lacks, which is why it'll be hard for WC to get to that next level (especially in the post season). Felton was ineffective for the most part, with far too many unforced turnovers.

STAT kept us in the game but was shut down in the 4th. Credit Amar'e for being a true leader and passing the ball, letting his teammates close it for him. He forced a shot or two, but only when we couldn't get a bucket. Only once, after Fields made a 3 from the corner, was I upset with STAT (b/c he didn't get a defensive rebound and allowed MIA to get an easy basekt off a miss).

TD was also big. His energy and defense in the 4th helped bring NY back into it.

Great win. We won it. We won it with hustle, energy and defense. That kept us in the game, then MIA went cold and we hit a few big shots. That's how you do it. BUT, we must bring that every game, against MIA it is easy to do. What about when we play ATL or PHI?

LJ was ice cold yet still scored 24 points or so. WADE was 13-14 at one point,a nd I think MIA went with him at the PG b/c they wanted him to decoy and feed others, and help get LJ going. Stupid. WHo knows. MIA has a real issue on what to do in the 4th... who to go to.

But Knicks shouldn't get cocky. Use this as a sign that hustle, energy and defense works.

More than the win... most impressive was that the KNICKS won it... Role players and bench closed this game.... Who would think we would beat Wade-James, in a close game, when Felton-Amare are non-factors down the stretch?

mafra

Legend

We need Melo.

I think S-Williams can slide right into Chandler's role. I think if Walsh can get Carmelo for a package where he dumps Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry & Bill Walker... then he got a steal. I think he bluffs and holds the line here, but will relent at the deadline if all he needs is to toss in Fields OR Gallo.

The bottom line: Felton-Amar'e-Carmelo will be on the floor in crunch time. Toss in EITHER Gallo or Fields and we are fine. Of course, we still need a big but MD only employs an 8-9 man rotation anyway.

Felton
Gallo or Fields
Carmelo
Stoudemire
CENTER

Douglas, Turiaf, Williams, Free Agent

Good news is DEN likes Walker.

p0nder

Starter
What an awesome win. Williams is looking like he could start getting more and more minutes, especially on defensive assignments. it doesn't hurt that he knocks down open shots too.

Gallo brought it at home. I think the crowd and the Garden atmosphere is finally starting to change. STAT is in the starting lineup of the all-star game. We are beating power house teams like San An and Miami. Spike Lee is getting face time on national TV again. I think all of this is starting to put the 'Bockers on a home court advantage. In previous years it could of been considered a disadvantage as teams would always bring there A game to the garden and expect an easy W. Now they are scared to come in to STAT City.

No one is afraid of Miami, but you can hear the fear in head coaches when they come to NY to face the Knicks. Everyone From J.T. in T.O. to Pops in San Antonio have given us credit. We're not going to be considered an easy W anymore and teams are getting more and more scared.

Especially when they realize that this is a good team, that is young and getting better. Not to mention poised to add one of the best players in the league and take over the East.

GO NY GO NY GO