We Need Melo BAD. Big Time players make bigtime plays

except for STAT & Fields the Knicks are playing scarred. Missing wide open shots that MELO would feast on. Trade whatever we have to except Fields to get Melo. Felton included...

la2ny

Starter
Lol "Hot Cock Streak" saved us but he was non existent for pretty much 3Q. Now i'll say this, w/ Melo the 3rd Qtr. when Stat went out wouldn't have been as dreadful for us.

Last edited:
I been saying since the rumors started, we play well against middle road teams, but god teams we play scared.

Melo would have scored 40 tonight with the shots they gave chandler. At this point, he has to be traded. Gallo while lacking athleticism, does play solid d, and plays with heart. Keep him, get Melo at all cost besides Ray n Gallo.

petescud

Starter
Knicks pulling out of Melo talks

Anybody see this....Melo has to have told Walsh not to trade Landry/Chandler/Gallo and whoever else

network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/new_york_knicks_pulling_out_of_carmelo_anthony_trade/4041893

Last edited:

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Beautiful thats great for us.. I think Fields is really on his way and has all star potential at SG for us .. Danilo and Chandler are both importnant pieces.. its hard to say who is better than the other .. Melo u Da MAN!

petescud

Starter
I know its a crazy crapshoot, but Melo can go where he wants. Sure, Denver could break his balls and send him to Houston for a Playoff run, and then when they get eliminated, pack your bags Melo. Next Year Melo and Gasol to what we have now.....nice

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nobody wants to give up the pieces for a half-year rental.

Carmelo doesn't want to see the Knicks dump Fields/Gallo/Chandler. He knows that if they do, the Knicks are STILL no better than the Heat or the Celtics. Might not even be as good as the Bulls at that point.

If they could sign Carmelo and somehow work out a sign and trade for Marc Gasol...dear Lord, this team would be the best in the league

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Common sense prevails. A franchise first decision. Fields bolstered his importance tonight, Chandler still rattled, CBA kept in check, the monotony of the media will get to Melo, he'll/they'll add to one another's discontent, flexibility remains intact.

The list goes on.

Obvious play, IMO.

This thread title should be followed by - ................... for now.

We all know that Walsh isn't going to gut the team for Mello, but still wants Mello on the Knicks (as well as Coach D) The one way I see everyone being happy in a trade would have to be

NY Gets - Mello + Bad Contract (Billups,Al Harrington)

Denver Gets - Curry,Azabuke(salary dumps) Anthony Randolph (young talent) and maybe throw Turiaf into the deal... and of course find a way to send them a few draft picks ( 1 first rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders)

WrongIslander

Rotation player

We all know that Walsh isn't going to gut the team for Mello, but still wants Mello on the Knicks (as well as Coach D) The one way I see everyone being happy in a trade would have to be

Denver Gets - Curry,Azabuke(salary dumps) Anthony Randolph (young talent) and maybe throw Turiaf into the deal... and of course find a way to send them a few draft picks ( 1 first rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders)

Good things come to those ....

who wait.

In the past the Knicks would have mortgaged their entire future to get Melo and keep Amar'e and put nothing around them.

I would love to see Melo here but if it means getting rid of Fields and Galo as well as Rudolph and our great contract just to get him early ... no dice.

We are playing this exactly the right way and if Melo doesn't end up here then that's a shame but the bigger picture is the precedent we have laid down. You either accept the early low ball offers or you take your chance when the player turns on you and risk him walking.

Great stuff.

moneyg

Starter

bad contract...thats what gonna blow up any melo deal....denver wants their trade partner to take back a bad contract or two...

in our case.. it would cause us to lose out on the 2012 FA

STAT 20 mil
Melo 20 mil
Tmo 3 mil
Harrington 7 mil .. who they will wants us to take

thats already 50 mil and we would have no PG

Gallo would be gone at this point... if not we have a qaul offer to him...

and so would chandler, got to pay fields and TD (team option)

we can not take harringtons contract back

maybe balckmans 1.7 but thats it..even if

how do we keep gallo and get D will...cp3 or d wight

we cant..we have to renouce gallo's rights

nyk_nyk

All Star
Misleading Thread Title

This thread is very misleading. Please go and re-read the article. The writer only posed a question and therefore its not a fact. Talks have most likely been light at the moment but that means very little.

Walsh saying he doesn't want to give up the whole team for one player just means that he's not willing to give up too much. He'd certainly still trade for Melo.

KingofNy

Starter
I been saying since the rumors started, we play well against middle road teams, but god teams we play scared.

Melo would have scored 40 tonight with the shots they gave chandler. At this point, he has to be traded. Gallo while lacking athleticism, does play solid d, and plays with heart. Keep him, get Melo at all cost besides Ray n Gallo.

Chandler is destroying his trade value. It's seems like as soon as he heard he was on the trade block for Carmelo, he shut himself and his game down. I honestly think he's playing bad so Denver doesn't want him... Would you be surprised? I wouldn't...Moving sucks...Especially to Denver when you're used to NYC.