We Need Melo BAD. Big Time players make bigtime plays

KingofNy

Starter
I saw this video on youtube i thought you guys might whant to check it out.

I've been saying the same thing forever. We need to get defense in return if we have to send Fields to Denver... He is the only starter who play's consistent D and crashes the boards. We're going to need someone to replace him if we unfortunately have to send him off. I hate to lose Fields but he isn't going to be a talent like Carmelo is so if we have to send him off, we have to. It's for the better good of the team.

And...for all of you Knicks fans who are saying we should wait to sign Carmelo...Here's 6 reasons why I think we should sign him now.

1. Things change and people change. Who knows if Carmelo will still want to come here 9 months from now. If he gets traded to a place as a rental and they play well and go to the finals, he might not want to leave there. Moving sucks...Nobody wants to move twice in a year.

2. Upcoming lockout...enough said.

3. Uncertainty with rules next season. Who's to say there's not going to be a new rule in place that gives Denver the ability to keep him another year...(just like the NFL's franchise tag)

4. What if our team unfortunately starts to really decline and we play terrible after the break? Carmelo made the decision to come play here when we were playing well. If we keep going on these losing streaks, it makes NY look that much more unattractive.

5. Women- I'm guessing 75% of his decision is his wife's. His wife wants to live in NYC now. Women change their mind almost daily as most married people here will tell you. They think they know what they want and then the next day change their mind. If you have the chance to get a once in a decade type player, you get it at all costs. No need to get greedy and try to get the pie and eat it too.

6. We're going to have to dump some players and salary anyways if we're going to try to get some role-players and possibly a third all-star anyways. The core of the team is what's important, the others can be replaced.

Well there you go...If someone here still thinks we should wait after reading that I would like to hear your reasoning because I just don't get it.

Paul1355

All Star
except for STAT & Fields the Knicks are playing scarred. Missing wide open shots that MELO would feast on. Trade whatever we have to except Fields to get Melo. Felton included...
I agree, "timely hoops" as clyde says are the most important part of winning basketball games.

Fields hits huge shots and Amare hits big shots

Felton has had his moments but has failed at times showing me he is the 3rd or 4th option in crunch time.

Gallo can take a shot if he is open but we need Melo

Every team just focuses on Amare and if we had Melo than we'd have a 50% chance of winning close games since teams have to choose who to double team.

Look guys if Donnie can pull off a trade and keep Fields here, our team will be very good, especially in crucn time

Best lineup if we traded for Melo

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

everyone is clutch in their own way