Alright, lets talk draft.

Okay so the Knicks are going to receive a pick from 15 to 18 most likely. For the first rounder the Knicks should shoot for a starting caliber center.

There are two Lithuanian centers that are coming out:

One by the name of Donatas Motiejunas who is a jump shooting big who has his game pretty polished and can shoot the 3, but doesn't play the best defense. He is a 7'0 PF, but he can play center in D'Antoni's offense and he would fit very well in it just as long as we have a bigger body in the middle.

The other one is Jonas Valanciunas who is more of a defensive type of guy who rebounds well and blocks shots, but his offense is more surrounded on putbacks, layups, and PG set up shots.

These guys are projected to go top 12, but if the Knicks get lucky and one of those guys fall to us Donnie has to take one of them.

Now for the second rounder, the Knicks should shoot for a backup true PG. Toney Douglas is great but I would like to see Felton's minutes go down next season so the 2011 backup PG the Knicks draft could play along side Douglas in backup minutes. I think the guy perfect for the Knicks would be Corey Fisher, this guy is a Sr, from the Bronx, and has that type of swagger to him. Whoever gets this guy is going to luck out, IMO Fisher is the steal of next years draft. And who knows after Felton expires we wont have as much money to resign him maybe and Fisher might just evolve into a great PG in NY, because he can embrace it.

Okay so the Knicks are going to receive a pick from 15 to 18 most likely. For the first rounder the Knicks should shoot for a starting caliber center.

One by the name of Donatas Motiejunas who is a jump shooting big who has his game pretty polished and can shoot the 3, but doesn't play the best defense. He is a 7'0 PF, but he can play center in D'Antoni's offense and he would fit very well in it just as long as we have a bigger body in the middle.

The other one is Jonas Valanciunas who is more of a defensive type of guy who rebounds well and blocks shots, but his offense is more surrounded on putbacks, layups, and PG set up shots.

These guys are projected to go top 12, but if the Knicks get lucky and one of those guys fall to us Donnie has to take one of them.

Now for the second rounder, the Knicks should shoot for a backup true PG. Toney Douglas is great but I would like to see Felton's minutes go down next season so the 2011 backup PG the Knicks draft could play along side Douglas in backup minutes. I think the guy perfect for the Knicks would be Corey Fisher, this guy is a Sr, from the Bronx, and has that type of swagger to him. Whoever gets this guy is going to luck out, IMO Fisher is the steal of next years draft. And who knows after Felton expires we wont have as much money to resign him maybe and Fisher might just evolve into a great PG in NY, because he can embrace it.

Many boards have Jimmer a mid to late first round pick. If he's there when the Knicks pick you gotta take him. He'd fit this offense like a glove...

jpz17

Starter
nah Knicks will be around #20 I think... but still, with Fields in the 2nd round it shows how important that is! I say lets pick a defensive center... someone who can rebound too. Someone who can take Turiaf's spot in a few seasons

iSaYughh

Starter
Many boards have Jimmer a mid to late first round pick. If he's there when the Knicks pick you gotta take him. He'd fit this offense like a glove...

:agreed: I would trade up if it could prolly lock him up.

There are some DeJuan Blair type guys, too. Big boned bigs who can have similar effects, but will be there early 2nd round for reasons not like Blair's per say (potential health), but something of a similar risk-reward.

We have 2 2nds, so...Maybe we can deal Moz (free up 3M, too), Douglas, and our 2nds for either a more premium 1st, and/or a very high 2nd/late 1st to snatch up a serviceable big we could get immediate use out of.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Am I crazy if I want us to draft Jimmer Fredette? I know we need frontcourt players but he's underrated in mock drafts because of his height. He'll be the most talented player available outside lottery picks. I want him as our backup pg.

moneyg

Starter
id try to get kemba walker or jimmy f.. either would be good.

i dont want to waste thisw pick on a international player...especially a big that plays no defense and only has an outside game..

secound rounder look for a big.. but im sure who ever we pick wont be contributing..

im more curious to see JJordan develop..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Jimmer Fredette would be good as a backup PG because all else fails you know he can shoot well, at the very least.

I'd rather take Fredette or Kemba Walker over a big guy who falls that late in the draft. How often is it that 7-footers drafted in the late first round actually turn out to be good players anyway? I say we take Fredette or Kemba Walker and sign Sam Dalembert and Carmelo Anthony

PG - Felton
SG - Fields
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Dalembert

G - Fredette
G - Bill Walker?
F - Gallinari
F - Randolph
C - Turiaf/Mozgov

BEAST team

Paul1355

All Star

my dad is friends with Kenneth Faried's mom

this guy is a high energy player who is 6'8 runs the floor extremely well, blocks shots and rebounds at one of the highest rates in college basketball, def the best rebounder in the draft. Problem is that his size is 6'8 so if he was on the Knicks he would never be a starter cuz Amare is a pure 4.

But i like his game.

BUT if we can Jimmer Freddette, then go for it, move heaven and earth for this kid, he is Peja Stojakovic

id try to get kemba walker or jimmy f.. either would be good.

i dont want to waste thisw pick on a international player...especially a big that plays no defense and only has an outside game..

secound rounder look for a big.. but im sure who ever we pick wont be contributing..

im more curious to see JJordan develop..

Agree with you. I think Jordan has the talent to play in this league at some point.

If Kemba Walker is available at pick 15-20 we should take him. He got game.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Agree with you. I think Jordan has the talent to play in this league at some point.

If Kemba Walker is available at pick 15-20 we should take him. He got game.

I have seen Jordan play up close and personal all of his years at Tulsa and did not even realize he had NBA potential until the league became a bit watered down and he was able to dominate because CUSA became a guards league. Not sure he can play in this league though yet. Hopefully he bulked up over seas and somewhat polished his lack of an offensive game. He can rebound and block shots in college but I'm not to sure that will translate that well to the NBA.

I was quite impressed with his performances in the last 2 games of Summer League. Apart from his chronic foul troubles he played solid D and had some authority in the paint. PLus he's 7-1 and athletic.

I've never seen him play at Tulsa though and fully trust your judgment on him...to me he almost looked a bit like a raw and undeveloped version of Javale McGee during Summer League.

A shame that he doesn't seem to be all that. Looks like he is bound for a career in Europe...

Toons

is the Bo$$
we do not need a big. i honestly feel that Mozgov, Amare, JJordan and turiaf can hold the 5 down. Iv been following JJordan and for this new year he had had good games all around. He switched teams and is getting more minutes. His last few games he had 10 pts 5 rebs and 2 steals (4-4 free throws) in 16 minutes, his next game was 9 pts and 4 rebs, 4-4 from the line in 14 minutes, then he had a nice game with 19 pts, 7 rebs 1 steal 1 block in 24 minutes of play. the amazing thing about JJordan to me is his shot selection and his fg%. Much like tyson chandler, he hardly ever takes bad shots and has a euroleague career fg% of 75.9%. Thats rediculous!

Season: 2010-2011 (Adriatic League)
54-72 2pt fg

KK Hemofarm Stada Vrsac (new team)

22-29 2pt fg

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
I was quite impressed with his performances in the last 2 games of Summer League. Apart from his chronic foul troubles he played solid D and had some authority in the paint. PLus he's 7-1 and athletic.

I've never seen him play at Tulsa though and fully trust your judgment on him...to me he almost looked a bit like a raw and undeveloped version of Javale McGee during Summer League.

A shame that he doesn't seem to be all that. Looks like he is bound for a career in Europe...

nah son, he's coming back. believe me on this one.

Wargames

Starter
what about getting one of the morris twins. I mean from what I am reading this is likely going to be a weak draft anyway so lets get another Big. At least one should be on the board when we pick. both can rebound though Marcus is the better overall player his brother Markieff is the better rebounder. I mean even if we keep Turiaf. and Mazgov and J Jordan both join the rotation having another Big is never a bad thing.

Marcus Morrris Profile

Markieff Morris Profile