Danny Granger?

Just heard on the radio Donnie is pursuing him.. Dunno who would be in the deal but I don't know why he would make this trade before the Melo situation is done..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Donnie's probably called every single GM in the league about every single potentially tradeable player in the league at one point. That's his job is to feel out the offers he can get and go shopping everywhere.

Don't put too much weight into it. It's Donnie's job to check on it because we'd be a moron if we didn't look into the possibility and eventually the Pacers trade Granger for a draft pick and a prospect

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
11/12 - $12M
12/13 - $13M
13/14 - $14M

CBA on the way.

Why trade for him instead of Melo? Unless it's straight up for Curry - which seems unlikely.

smokes

Huge Member
Not really, Granger is barely better than Chandler. Slightly better scorer but that's about it.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
If Indiana are ready to gut their roster then I`d love us to attempt to acquire roy Hibbert. A legitimate defending, blocking,scoring centre. Doubt that could happen though.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Just heard on the radio Donnie is pursuing him.. Dunno who would be in the deal but I don't know why he would make this trade before the Melo situation is done..

If somehow we traded for Granger, anyone think that we could get Melo if he waited to sign during Free Agency? Or would this eliminate the Melo talks? Then we would have our very own Big three, WOW. Granger/STAT/Melo?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If Indiana are ready to gut their roster then I`d love us to attempt to acquire roy Hibbert. A legitimate defending, blocking,scoring centre. Doubt that could happen though.

I'm with you on Hibbert, but from what is being said about Hibbert is he is a little bit of a "head case". He's been struggling lately with every aspect of his game and he's seeing a psych Dr to figure out his struggles. I've said since right from the start of all this "melo Drama" I think Melo caves and resigns with Denver. In fact, I think Denver makes a move to bring in another player to impress Melo.
That being said, I would love Granger on this team! He's an upgrade from Chandler and is making what Chandler is supposedly looking for... The difference in my mind is Granger is much more consistent than Chandler and, like STAT, has the ability to be a focal point of the offensive and defensive schemes... Granger to me could be a better fit with this team than Melo and would still leave us some cash to get a few more guys (like Chris Paul). I think we get Granger and would love Brandon Rush in the deal for Curry, Randolph and Chandler (with out picks)... I think that get's it done.
As far as a big man in concerned, I'm not sure where the Knicks go since STAT is at his best at the 5 spot and thee is only 2 or 3 guys in the league that hassle him enough at that spot to diminish his game. So, I still think the Knicks should look into a guy that can spot start and mostly comes off the bench for 15/20 minutes a game. Turiaf is too injury prone to be consistent in that role plus I would like to get a 7 footer... Someone like Hasheem Thabeet can give you 15 minutes... He's not an all-star but he has potential... Actually Mozgov would be great in that role if he could wrap his head around the NBA game a little better

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
Maybe Granger can be used as a bait for 'Melo. Nuggets don't want what we have. Granger would perfect for them.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I agree w Leflume. Maybe Indiana could be our third team in a trade for Melo.

Or...

Maybe Donnie's sees Granger as potentially a better fit than Melo.

Why would he be a better fit you ask?

Because he's a terrific volume 3pt shooter, who makes them at a real good clip-- much better than Melo.

In the past 3 seasons he put up fantastic numbers from deep.

In the 07-08 season he took 423 three and made 171 for a percentage of .404..

In the 08-09 season, his best season during which he averaged 25.8ppg, he took 450 threes and made 182, for a percentage of .404.

In the 09-10 season he took 438 and made 158, for a % of .361. A down year but still pretty good for his amount of attempts. He averaged 24.1 tho.

So far this season he's averaging 21.3, taken 237 and made 92, for a percentage of .388.

By comparison Danilo, whom I still consider to be our best volume 3pt shooter has only made 72 this year, granted he has been out a few games..

Granger has been in the top ten in threes made and attempted for the past three seasons. He would help us to do what we do in a deadlier fashion, no doubt. So would Melo, but in other ways.

The question is who would be a better fit while still getting their 20- 24 ppg next to Amare?

Melo is so good that if you can get him, you do it if your a sensible human being, which Donnie's is.

But make no mistake Granger would be a real good, smart addition to this team too.

He would also allow us to have a bit more flexibility to sign a guy like Paul (whom, as I've said before, would help us more than Melo) like HTG said. Paul would be a tremendous upgrade over Felton, who's not an elite PG.

If we were to get Granger instead of Melo I wouldn't smh at Donnie.

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
:agreed:. Donnie and management knows what their doing. They wouldn't be getting paid for it if they didn't.

iSaYughh

Starter
Get Granger and if we stand pat w him we're fine. We could go bonkers in this FA beefing up our bigs. Ie adding 2, on top of keeping Turiaf and Moz. We likely then trade Wilson for a PG and/or picks and/or Mayo. I could see MEM and MIN wanting Chandler. Same w AR.

Felton-Ridnour
Fields-Mayo
Gallo-Kirilienko
Granger-Turiaf
STAT-DeandreJordan

-- Douglas, williams, moz, and whomever we get w remaining picks.

Basically this yrsvteam, but a superior version of Chandler; a perfect backup pg; a legit C to our mix; a versatile 6th man/3 or 4; and a lottery potential scoring guard w bonefied range.

Flip side: we flip Granger for Melo, n give up significantly less in process.

The perfect player for Walsh to set us up into being able to pull trigger on.