Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

mafra

Legend
Going up agaonst G-Monroe... Mozgov proved if he was in the draft he would be one of the top big men taken, right?

Credit coaching for improving THE MOZ. They've actually done some good work with TM. He wasn't playing like this earlier in the season. He has the size, talen, game... just needs experience and confidence.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
He looks unbelievably good out there tonight (pause). We should've been developing him year round.

Do you remember how he played earlier this year with consistent minutes? He looked good tonight against Greg Monroe though. Hopefullu this game gives him a lil confidence and he gives us a good 10 - 15 minutes a game down the stretch.

If you said Moz wasnt ready YOU WERE WRONG

Like I've been saying I've seen this kid do some nice things on the court. He probably wont get 23 points again this year, but the 14 rebounds is whats important. Given the minutes he can affect a game positively.

Oh Randolph had 5 boards (4 offensive) in nine minutes. So in summation: WE HAVE THE BIGS< THEY JUST NEED TO BE USED!!!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I didn't see the game, how aggresive was he? And was he catching all of those pick and rolls? Any good dunks? Kinda wish I saw it now...

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol.

Coach the kid up?

Should've been developing all year round?

I'm srry, but

what is giving a Russian undrafted project a starting C position, watching him flounder, than removing him from game time play, only to have him re-emerge and beast when we need him most considered?

We'll see if he keeps it up. I will say it looks like they've coached him well in practice from what I saw out there tonight. But if he reverts back to looking lost and out of it then I will criticize dantoni for it. Most if the time learning comes thru in game experience. Practice can only help so much.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I am excited for the guy on the game that he played tonight.Yes some will say he was going up againist another rookie BUT this is the NBA and Greg Monroe is a NBA player. Congrats to Mosgov!!:beer:

He looked like the nerves could be a thing of the past. Really, that was his biggest issue, besides inexperience. He simply needs to play. Stat looked crazy out there at pf all game.

iJoe

Rotation player
He looks unbelievably good out there tonight (pause). We should've been developing him year round.

?He played great,? Stoudemire said. ?He?s one of those players where he keeps working and keeps trying to improve. He?s a young player. Coaching staff did a great job.?

What do you think practice is for? Do you honestly think gametime is the only time you can develop an NBA player's game?

This is what young players need to do. Mosgov obviously wasn't comfortable with the NBA game early on and it was extremely obvious with his play. He then worked his ass off in practice and with coaches so he could get more used to NBA ball and take advantage of another opportunity. How the hell can you say that the Knicks haven't been developing him? Do all NBA players not named Eddy Curry just twiddle their thumbs in between games?

“He played great,” Stoudemire said. “He’s one of those players where he keeps working and keeps trying to improve. He’s a young player. Coaching staff did a great job.”

What do you think practice is for? Do you honestly think gametime is the only time you can develop an NBA player's game?

This is what young players need to do. Mosgov obviously wasn't comfortable with the NBA game early on and it was extremely obvious with his play. He then worked his ass off in practice and with coaches so he could get more used to NBA ball and take advantage of another opportunity. How the hell can you say that the Knicks haven't been developing him? Do all NBA players not named Eddy Curry just twiddle their thumbs in between games?
How do you get comfortable in an NBA game if you don't play..

iJoe

Rotation player
Its called practice. Some players actually try to learn something when they participate. Others don't.

The more you practice, scrimmage,learn plays and get used to teammates, the more comfortable you get. Mosgov is young and coming from a completely different Euro game with different rules, style and system. You can't blame him for being anxious on the court early on. Hence, he learns and gets better off the court first.

Agreed practice does help. Some player like you said actually can translate what they learned in practice onto the playing floor effectively. Most players however need the minutes to actually learn how to play effectively. You'll always hear NBA players, coaches, commentators, etc say so and so does this and that in practice, but practice and actual in game experience are like night and day. We'll see if it'll work for Mozgov. I don't think it would've hurt to atleast given him 10 mins a game here and there rather than totally taking him out. But we'll see how it goes from here