Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

now thats an all time low clyde.....curry? now youre just reaching....

he's ready to trade AR for a first rounder if we trade for melo.....other than that, there hass been only good reports and fair assessments from the knicks camp on anthony.
Who said the coach isnt happy? you guys are idiots...

Yea Curry? That Curry. Who averaged 14 pts 5 rebounds before getting hurt. A year before that he averaged almost 20 a game. Dont get it twisted. I'm not saying Curry hasnt deserved what he's gotten, but the other players werent even given a fighters chance with MDA?

The coach doesnt appear to be happy with the bigs. Isnt that obvious?

KBlack25

Starter
Signs you probably need to take a step back and reassess whether or not you actually know basketball and want to continue "following" the sport:

1. Spurning somebody for NOT playing Eddy Curry.

Signs you probably need to take a step back and reassess whether or not you actually know basketball and want to continue "following" the sport:

1. Spurning somebody for NOT playing Eddy Curry.

Reread what I said. I said Curry deserved what he got. Comprehension is key...

The same way I burst out laughing with some of your drivel in this thread? :smokin:

Seriously, this is coming from you of all people! You have failed to make a legit argument. While I use facts showing that Mozgov was never this good during the beginning of the season or how about the articles and quotes posted about the coaching staff working with him.

Oh yeah, because Curry constantly worked on his game and never showed up over weight out of shape and injury riddled

Toons

is the Bo$$
Yea Curry? That Curry. Who averaged 14 pts 5 rebounds before getting hurt. A year before that he averaged almost 20 a game. Dont get it twisted. I'm not saying Curry hasnt deserved what he's gotten, but the other players werent even given a fighters chance with MDA?

The coach doesnt appear to be happy with the bigs. Isnt that obvious?

a 7 footer that averages 5 rebounds is nothing to brag about....but thanks for the new siggy....i know paul really regrets defending du-donkey over riverside ray!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Seriously, this is coming from you of all people! You have failed to make a legit argument. While I use facts showing that Mozgov was never this good during the beginning of the season or how about the articles and quotes posted about the coaching staff working with him.

Oh yeah, because Curry constantly worked on his game and never showed up over weight out of shape and injury riddled

we all used facts, quotes from players, quotes from coaches, articles from people with a closer view than us fans. We used stats, showed his improvement, yet an idiot says its all confidence, and that he was always this way. this dude sounds like kiyahman when hes all beamed up....

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why can't people just admit that Dantoni had no plans to play Mozgov once Willams and Chandler were back?? Basically if everything was normal he's still be working hard in practice and benchwarming.

This whole Mozgov coming out party was not supposed to happen but it did due to circumstance, not some kind of revelation by dantoni. Coach couldn't see Moz working in this system so he gave up on him way too early. You don't sit a guy that long unless you've given up on him. There were plenty of games where his size was needed and he never got a chance.

Only reason he's getting minutes now is because dantoni has no choice. He either incorporates Moz into the system or not do it and catch heat for it. Plus i believe this is wht Donnie wants, based on how he contructed his indiana teams front line. He had a nice core of Smits and the Davis brothers.

The TRUE FACT OF THE MATTER is Moz was going back to the bench. MDA SAID IT BEFORE THE GAME HIMSELF. "I WILL NOT UPSET THE APPLE CART". Another FACT is this kid would have NEVER been able to prove how much he had grown if the Knicks werent beset with injuries. No matter how hard this kid practiced this was the truth.

Keep trying to spin the facts to protect your beloved Mike D. But it wont work on those of us that look at things realistically...

Why can't people just admit that Dantoni had no plans to play Mozgov once Willams and Chandler were back?? Basically if everything was normal he's still be working hard in practice and benchwarming.

This whole Mozgov coming out party was not supposed to happen but it did due to circumstance, not some kind of revelation by dantoni. Coach couldn't see Moz working in this system so he gave up on him way too early. You don't sit a guy that long unless you've given up on him. There were plenty of games where his size was needed and he never got a chance.

Only reason he's getting minutes now is because dantoni has no choice. He either incorporates Moz into the system or not do it and catch heat for it. Plus i believe this is wht Donnie wants, based on how he contructed his indiana teams front line. He had a nice core of Smits and the Davis brothers.

Exactly. +1...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Ok, I'll give credit to the trainers/coaches, that's what they get paid for, isn't it?

But the buck stops there. The majority of the credit goes to the Gov for taking advantage of the opportunity, one that came as result of injury. Period.

Had coach played him before this, it would be debatable whether or not it was due to improvement in practice...

But the circumstance dictates a consideration of the supports of using the bigs more being correct in response to blind MDA supporters who claimed he wasn't ready.

Don't get it twisted, don't maneuver because it's too obvious and really when thinking back to the whole angle of the debates regarding coach and Gallo you all look very hypocritical.

We say play the bigs, you argue MDA says they're not worthy, he's FORCED to comply... bigs flourished...

You lose. Play the bigs. Keep an open mind, discuss and refrain from arguing. The game is the same. MDA isn't smart enough to reinvent it, he can only muck it up.

No doubt! :beer:

Toons

is the Bo$$

ok, Mozgovs play when chandler n those returned depended on how he performed that night. If he was the same old Mozgov, and hadnt learned anything, why not go back to what works?

Why spend precious time developing a player that you dont have plans for? do you see anyone developing roger mason an eddy curry? you dont sign someone with that skill set with no intentions of playing them at some time. Mozgov is a young rookie. Evan Turner (a lottery pick) lost his starting job, and racked up many DNP's due to his playing. He obviously showed the coach something in practice and was back in the roatation. He started the season at SF, now he is a bench player. He is improving and will soon be a starter again. Mark my words.

Mozgovs coming out party was not supposed to happen THAT NIGHT. Nevermind, you know the future n shit, so yeah ill agree with you that we were just gonna give up on a 3 year contract. We all knew timofey was a 2 year project when we got him. He was raw.

Dantoni will only catch heat if we lose.

Lastly, donni and Mike are on the same page.

Keep developing Mozgov. Dont give him more than he can handle

Toons

is the Bo$$
He got the rebounds that came to him? LOL. I guess him positioning himself had nothing to do with it. I guess he was standing out at half court and the ball came off the rim, bounced over everybody else's head on the floor, and he caught it.

Why cant it be that AR just knows how to get boards? He has shown a propensity to rebound with G S. Whats different now?

because i watched the F*cking game you idiot. His postioning isnt that good, his advantage is his length, not his footwork. He looked confident, yet awkward and out of place. you said AR gave us 4 extra posessions, he had 1 offensive board, not 4., proving that u didnt watch the game, and you read the box score wrong and tried do hate on dantoni because of it. HAHAHAH dummy. and yes, there is a stat breakdown for rebound worked for, and rebounds that come to you. are you 12 or something????

Toons

is the Bo$$
OK the kid worked hard. What exactly does that have to do with him being relegated to the bench for so long? What does that have to do with the fact that coach had no clue what Moz could offer? Afterall he said before the game that he was not going to upset his apple cart when everyone is healthy. Meaning Moz is going back to the bench.

Again, if Moz didnt have a great performance he was GOING BACK TO THE BENCH. His hard work wasnt going to payoff under Mike D. He wasnt in line to see any minutes. We've seen this act before from Mike D. Bigs get benched and thats where they stay.

Look there really is no debate here. Moz proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he could contribute. I'm just glad he got an opportunity to prove this with the Knicks, rather than some other team. Because we all know Mike D would have had him on the first trade out of town as soon as he was able to...

beyond reasonable doubt? againd greg munroe and chris wilcox? hahahahah

nyk_nyk

All Star
ok, Mozgovs play when chandler n those returned depended on how he performed that night. If he was the same old Mozgov, and hadnt learned anything, why not go back to what works?

Why spend precious time developing a player that you dont have plans for? do you see anyone developing roger mason an eddy curry? you dont sign someone with that skill set with no intentions of playing them at some time. Mozgov is a young rookie. Evan Turner (a lottery pick) lost his starting job, and racked up many DNP's due to his playing. He obviously showed the coach something in practice and was back in the roatation. He started the season at SF, now he is a bench player. He is improving and will soon be a starter again. Mark my words.

Mozgovs coming out party was not supposed to happen THAT NIGHT. Nevermind, you know the future n shit, so yeah ill agree with you that we were just gonna give up on a 3 year contract. We all knew timofey was a 2 year project when we got him. He was raw.

Dantoni will only catch heat if we lose.

Lastly, donni and Mike are on the same page.

Keep developing Mozgov. Dont give him more than he can handle

Gallo got the chance to work through all his troubles. There was never even a time when he was threatened to be removed from the rotation. Why not give Mozgov the same respect??? Everyone knows Dantoni does not know how to use half court big men effectively. It just doesn't work with his speedball system. Dantoni was fine with what he had for now and didn't give Moz a thought until forced to. How do you know what Moz has learned if you don't try to see it on the court??? He had no confidence in him and it showed, especially against bigger teams where he used 6-9 Williams at the 5! Keep developing him until when????

Tons of people have been lobbying for this guy to get another chance. He finally gets it due to circumstance and it makes Dantoni look a little dumb for not at least seeing how he was progressing by giving him spot minutes. Dantoni is a "set in his ways" coach and I don't like that. Adapt!

One big surrounded by 4 shooters won't get you a ring in this league. Period. I dare anyone to refute that.