Dolan + Thomas Apparently Still In Cahoots - Currently Ruining DW's Future With NY?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Isiah Thomas speaks several times a week with Knicks owner Jim Dolan, according to sources.

?Isiah knows more about where Donnie stands with Dolan than Donnie knows himself,? one source familiar with the conversations told Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks have until April 30th to trigger the rest of Walsh's deal, which runs through the 11-12 season.

isiah_thomas-735943.jpg

Several executives and agents believe the Knicks? hiring of former Denver Nuggets executive Mark Warkentien as a top consultant was made at a level above Walsh.

Warkentien is represented by CAA, which is also home of William Wesley, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul.

Walsh has never courted Wesley outside of helping him reach Eddy Curry.

While Wash's future with the Knicks is in limbo, there is a possibility of a return to Indiana.

2007_09_isicov.JPG

?If [Larry] Bird doesn?t want to come back in Indiana, don?t be surprised if Donnie ends up back running the team again," said an executive with strong ties to Walsh. "[Pacers owner] Herb Simon still loves him, and Donnie isn?t ready to retire yet.?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210561/Dolan_Leaves_Walsh_In_Contract_Limbo

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
****ing hell! A waking nightmare if Thomas, the malevolent shit, is in anyway reinstated/re-employed as a member of the NBA's most rejuvenated franchise. It took 2 years of suffering and anticipation to be rid of his and Dolan's dotard decisions. That's EXCLUDING the pain we suffered with him as GM/coach.

I'm not sure what Zeke's ties contractually are with Florida?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Why do we have to saddled w such wing-nut for an owner? As a fan, I never feel safe about my team because of that asshole.

Not sure who'd take over if Dolan let Donnie go, but i'd definitely feel a lot less comfy w out him.

He's the architect.. :boohoo:

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Let's hope Stern has something to say about an NBA coach who was accused of sexual harassment and found guilty is not allowed to coach.

Part of me believes Isiah will be back....why in the world would Walsh not have his extension ?

Also Dolan already tried to bring him back and the College rules would not allow it...

If he is brought back we look like Morons..

sickening

iSaYughh

Starter
Why do we have to saddled w such wing-nut for an owner? As a fan, I never feel safe about my team because of that asshole.

Not sure who'd take over if Dolan let Donnie go, but i'd definitely feel a lot less comfy w out him.

He's the architect.. :boohoo:

Dolan is that bad, truly. I'd be more surprised if Isiah doesn't come back, tbh.

Hopefully Stern can step in somehow. Lol@ saying that, but...

Sickest thing is how sympathetic some of this forum is too Isiah. Lifetime ban worthy, imo. As bad as a jew buttering up Hitler at a barmitzvah. Gtfo.

p0nder

Starter
this is so sad... DW is doing a good job with this team. i don't know why dolan would want to undermine his efforts

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
If Dolan decides to bring Isiah back, then we should all organize protests in front of MSG. Us as fans, cannot let that happen. He will ruin everything all over again.

tiger0330

Legend
That Zeke, Chuck Daly once said about him that he could get fired from 20 jobs but there would always be another one waiting that would pay him 5M a year.

Dolan has the most valuable franchise in the NBA, I guess he can do anything he wants including hiring Zeke.

New New York

Quiet Storm
That Zeke, Chuck Daly once said about him that he could get fired from 20 jobs but there would always be another one waiting that would pay him 5M a year.

Dolan has the most valuable franchise in the NBA, I guess he can do anything he wants including hiring Zeke.

That's exactly the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

We look at wins and L's to determine how well our team is doing, owners base it off revenue!

No matter what Dolan does, and how bad things get for us (read Isiah's reign), this team is still one of the most valuable teams in all of sports!

The fact that we are winning now (thanks to Donnie) has actually catapulted us to the most valuable team in The NBA and Dolan figures no one sells out to watch the GM.

Thus the belief from Dolan is, no matter what he does bad or Donnie does good, fans will still come to watch The Knicks anyways!

When you look at it like that....Were the reason Isiah could be returning!

If this is true (huge if though) then basically Grunfeild (a truly good GM) was fired after putting together a championship contender, then was fired by and replaced by a GM that took us back to the lottery and put us in a serious financial whole with a hopeless roster, then he was fired for Isiah who was brought in to clean up his mess but only created a much much much larger one, then Walsh is hired, cleans up bothe of their mess, restores to the franchise to respectability just to be let go for Isiah.

This would be the worst case of backstabbing and injustice done in sports since I can remember, this would make Lebron leaving Clevleand the way he did look absolutley respectable.

Lets hope its not truly going down like this.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
In all honesty, how could it?

Sexual assault charges, the Melo provocation, the blaring boos in MSG: 'fire Isiah', 'fire Isiah', the idiotic trades with so many losses of 1st round picks, having a nervous breakdown and then telling his daughter to confess it was her to save face, on court feuding with Marbury....... the list goes on.

Isiah himself admitted he had one good thing to boast for during his Knick tenure, drafting well. Which he was still not entirely responsible for, but took the credit as he was booted from the franchise.

He won't be back. He's just exacting a sociopathic revenge on Donnie for belittling him, IMO.

What a sly, slippery, slithering little c*nt.