Drawing Up Landry

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ap-78ed76f8bfd0478eb1c65990355eef41.jpg

Landry Fields is, plainly put, an offensive threat.

His high 51% FG @percentage - 20th in the league - is courtesy of his anticipation, reflexes, intelligence, awareness and savvy. Traits that are apart from teaching.

That lack of handle (which no doubt will be brought up) is counterbalanced by an explosive first step and thrust toward the basket. Mmmmmmmmmm, thrust. Even without an isolation type play, Landry's getting his 10 points a game separated from MD's whim: his points are literally HIS points, and with that in mind, some set plays for him (particularly with Raymond's current funk in effect) should be implemented, IMO.

The offence (yes, we spell offence & defence differently in other countries) can only grow in potency if Fields is given the green light to create and be created for. Thus far, thanks to 82games.com, his FT attempts/game sits at a measly 1.8 each outing. Add 3-4 attempts more and some extra shots and there's no point in even typing out the math.

Draw him up, Mike. He's done more than enough in limited opportunities to prove that he can get us 17 and 7 a game. SF stats at the 2, and at a high conversion.

ap-f071b140730d4384a37a740ef4df4474.jpg

Toons

is the Bo$$
ap-78ed76f8bfd0478eb1c65990355eef41.jpg

Landry Fields is, plainly put, an offensive threat.

His high 51% FG @percentage - 20th in the league - is courtesy of his anticipation, reflexes, intelligence, awareness and savvy. Traits that are apart from teaching.

That lack of handle (which no doubt will be brought up) is counterbalanced by an explosive first step and thrust toward the basket. Mmmmmmmmmm, thrust. Even without an isolation type play, Landry's getting his 10 points a game separated from MD's whim: his points are literally HIS points, and with that in mind, some set plays for him (particularly with Raymond's current funk in effect) should be implemented, IMO.

The offence (yes, we spell offence & defence differently in other countries) can only grow in potency if Fields is given the green light to create and be created for. Thus far, thanks to 82games.com, his FT attempts/game sits at a measly 1.8 each outing. Add 3-4 attempts more and some extra shots and there's no point in even typing out the math.

Draw him up, Mike. He's done more than enough in limited opportunities to prove that he can get us 17 and 7 a game. SF stats at the 2, and at a high conversion.

ap-f071b140730d4384a37a740ef4df4474.jpg

a rookie that AVERAGES 32 mpg, and started for us this entire season....lol you guys are dillusional if you think mike doesnt have plays drawn up for his sg. Iv seen them many times, fields on the wing, a big sets a screen, guy comes to help, fields rotates and gets a baseline jumpshot. he is constantly moving and rolling, and gets his touches. fields may need to be a bit more selfish on offense, but thats a part of his IQ, he passes a good shot, in hopes for a great shot. Sometimes he needs to realize the flow of the game, and that his shot, was the best shot. That comes with time tho.... our rookie is doing well.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think Landry is a SF and on most other teams would play that position. That said, the guy is gifted and his awareness and timing is off the charts.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know, but maybe he should slowly do more and more. Who knows if giving him that much more plays would be too much too soon.

I think he has a few plays for Laundry, I've seen him and Amare use the same play Wilson and Amare use where someone sets a screen passes to Fields/Wilson they pass to Amare and Amare gives them a baseline hand off kind of a 2 man play.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I think he has a few plays for Laundry, I've seen him and Amare use the same play Wilson and Amare use where someone sets a screen passes to Fields/Wilson they pass to Amare and Amare gives them a baseline hand off kind of a 2 man play.

finally! someone that watches games.....

Toons

is the Bo$$
look, just because i called you out for saying he had limited opertunity, yet he played 32mpg. ur calling for the coach to draw plays for a rookie that already has plays. U got called out again because people notice that he has plays, and dont just rely on box scores to say, ok, he shoots a high percentage, give him more plays. I then explained that he is passive on the offense at times, and i agreed that many times, his shot is the best shot. ..... just beause i disagree with your post doesnt make me a moron......real maure 8;s

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
look, just because i called you out for saying he had limited opertunity, yet he played 32mpg. ur calling for the coach to draw plays for a rookie that already has plays. U got called out again because people notice that he has plays, and dont just rely on box scores to say, ok, he shoots a high percentage, give him more plays. I then explained that he is passive on the offense at times, and i agreed that many times, his shot is the best shot. ..... just beause i disagree with your post doesnt make me a moron......real maure 8;s

Seriously, dude, quotes like "you're delusional" - "someone who actually watches games" - "you got called out" and you wonder why you get called moron? Come on, provocation on your own part. If you wanna be a smart mouth, then f*ck yourself.

Iv seen them many times, fields on the wing, a big sets a screen, guy comes to help, fields rotates and gets a baseline jumpshot.

This is not what I'm talking about. If that's the limit of your model, you'll have to do much better. The precedent of this thread isn't about running HS plays for Landry, it's about his limited opportunities as the focal scorer. Much like Chandler's role when it's his time to score. In 32 minutes, given the volume of the shots taken and his trips to the line, that's limited!

Is it not?

Not too difficult to grasp is it? A screen and spread set up for him off the dribble, a 42 & 52 or a Louisville 'oop that you see Phil Jackson run after time outs and jump balls for example. Not just your baseline jumper.