Broussard - NYK/DEN/MIN Possible 3-team deal

mafra

Legend
Knicks in 3-Way Talks?

By Tommy Dee on Feb 05, 2011, 11:43 pm

Chris_Broussard

Chris Broussard

@Chris_Broussard: Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler, Corey Brewer, Minny 1st rnd pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny

Feb 6, 2011 @ 04:20 AM from Echofon

This deal doesn?t seem 100% fair from Minnesota?s standpoint, but the Wolves seem a logical 3rd team..

(via theknicksblog.com)

--------------

If the Knicks get Carmelo while keeping Fields and Gallo... MAJOR WIN!

Giving up Chandler, Randolph and Curry makes sense to me. Probably why Wilson has disappeared huh? Poor lad!

Anyway... I imagine this is as far as Walsh will budge. And why should he have to offer more (when we all know we can sign 'Melo for nothing after the season).

Denver has played its hand but found that there's nothing really they can do, for Anthony has all the leverage.

They'll get a few decent pieces and some draft picks. I imagine they'll hold out for a little more than what's being reported, and they'll float out ideas to the public trying to entice another team to jump in (to rent 'Melo), like DAL or something.

I even imagine Walsh really pulling off a coup and bring back a PG (like Luke R.)... who knows.

But, it's beginning to look like this just might happen. Hey Knick fans... Imagine that!

iSaYughh

Starter
Just saw this on espn, too.

Well. It's pretty much the exact trade I predated DEN would be bent over into accepting months ago.

It's a sweet spot where we get him right away; to make a run this yr, satisfy impatience, and not let any oddball stuff derail our signing him after the season.

And it's enough for DEN to soothe their ego and emotions and not let the likely apocalypse happen of him simply walking.

Melo, of course, played this to perfection. So did Walsh. Though, DEN has been ****ed all along, really, and was never in a position of true power. Only we were, really; and it's bc Melo is on our side, that DEN got left in the dust (despite Melo, like DEN, being the parties that had something to lose).

mafra

Legend
Well, heck yeah. We really must give all the credit to Carmelo here. His desire to play in NY was really the only hope the Knicks had. He made this dream possible.

Hard to fathom it really. I still wont believe it until it actually happens. We NYK fans haven't caught a break in a L-O-N-G time.

I think it's smart to get Carmelo ASAP though. Reward the dude for his steadfast patience and desire to play with us. He deserves his cash. As long as it only costs Randolph-Chandler then I am cool with that.

Knicks would still be able to use Gallo or Fields in a sign-n-trade, if they wanted to make a run at RFAs like Marc Gasol & DeAndre Jordan. Plus, we can build some chemistry b/c this group would have 20 games to play with each other PLUS a playoff run under their blets. This gives them a leg-up next season (whenever that is), for they wont have to learn to play with one another.

Hard to believe that 3.5 years after DW arrived we are championship caliber team. BUILD THE STATUE now. I ragged on DW, but if he pulls this off... he's a backup PG and legit center away from the promised land.

Wargames

Starter
this was mentioned in another thread but I am hoping we sweeten the pot with another rotational player in what we send to the timberwolves and get one of their Pg's as well in this deal as well.

mafra

Legend
this was mentioned in another thread but I am hoping we sweeten the pot with another rotational player in what we send to the timberwolves and get one of their Pg's as well in this deal as well.

I was thinking we toss in Bill Walker and they give us Luke Ridnour.

skisloper

Starter
If this is the trade I do the deal yesterday and nominate Donnie for GM of the century.

What scares the crap out of me is I can see once this deal is done that Dolan brings back Isiah Thomas....This will be a championship team and in Dolan's and Isiah's sick minds if they are at the helm when we make the run that all that past failures by the 2 of them will be gone and they will somehow believe they created this team....

Wargames

Starter
What scares the crap out of me is I can see once this deal is done that Dolan brings back Isiah Thomas....This will be a championship team and in Dolan's and Isiah's sick minds if they are at the helm when we make the run that all that past failures by the 2 of them will be gone and they will somehow believe they created this team....

I actually see it a little different. I can see him forcing Donnie to hire Isiah as part of his scouting staff but I can't see Stern allowing him to ruin the Knicks again. With the new report saying NY is their most profitable team and the fact that they are doing everything they can to make people care about Basketball again. Right now the league as a whole can benefit from the Knicks being a decent team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I actually see it a little different. I can see him forcing Donnie to hire Isiah as part of his scouting staff but I can't see Stern allowing him to ruin the Knicks again. With the new report saying NY is their most profitable team and the fact that they are doing everything they can to make people care about Basketball again. Right now the league as a whole can benefit from the Knicks being a decent team.

I agree. No way Isiah comes back as GM... To much risk there.

Also I have to admit I've been wrong about who wears the pants in this deal. I over estimated the influence the new CBA would play in this whole thing. I also underestimated Melo's determination. I'm really starting to look at him in a new light.

No more of me calling him Melo Yellow..

iSaYughh

Starter
Well, heck yeah. We really must give all the credit to Carmelo here. His desire to play in NY was really the only hope the Knicks had. He made this dream possible.

Hard to fathom it really. I still wont believe it until it actually happens. We NYK fans haven't caught a break in a L-O-N-G time.

I think it's smart to get Carmelo ASAP though. Reward the dude for his steadfast patience and desire to play with us. He deserves his cash. As long as it only costs Randolph-Chandler then I am cool with that.

Knicks would still be able to use Gallo or Fields in a sign-n-trade, if they wanted to make a run at RFAs like Marc Gasol & DeAndre Jordan. Plus, we can build some chemistry b/c this group would have 20 games to play with each other PLUS a playoff run under their blets. This gives them a leg-up next season (whenever that is), for they wont have to learn to play with one another.

Hard to believe that 3.5 years after DW arrived we are championship caliber team. BUILD THE STATUE now. I ragged on DW, but if he pulls this off... he's a backup PG and legit center away from the promised land.

My exact sentiments! We have ample opportunity to bring in another quality big (or two!) before next season. Turiaf has a 5m team option, Moz 3m, plus losing Randolph among our other contracts. Not that we can't even keep Turiaf and Moz and add a C.

If we could pry Deandre without giving up Fields. Wow.

Felton
Fields
Melo
Amare
Deandre

With Gallo flying in when we want to rest either the 3, 4, 5.

Felton
Fields
Gallo
Melo
Amare

For max movement n fire power.

mafra

Legend
Guys put your pants back on. Rotoworld already reported Randolph isn't going to minny

They offer no excuse as to why. MINNY is buying low on all sorts of young talent. They have no need for Brewer. Of course they'll add Randolph if all it costs is one of their 1st rounders. Randolph would probably be the #1 pick if he was in the draft. He compliments LOVE.

I don't buy into this report that AR to MIN is dead.

I do think this will go all the way up to the trade deadline. I think there will be other moving parts and probably a 4th or 5th team getting involved in some manner.

Point is... Knicks will likely get Carmelo and keep Fields & Gallo. Good stuff.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Curry to Minni? Don't see the numbers adding up, would think Curry to Denver unless NY and or Miini is adding more players to go to Denver for salary match. But, how ever the players are divided up I would pull the trigger on it and hope that Melo, Felton and STAT can co-exist. I understand Minni's piece in this since no one wants to go there to play so they need to do what they can to get players.

Knicks in 3-Way Talks?

Chris_Broussard

Chris Broussard

@Chris_Broussard: Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler, Corey Brewer, Minny 1st rnd pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny

This deal doesn?t seem 100% fair from Minnesota?s standpoint, but the Wolves seem a logical 3rd team..

(via theknicksblog.com)

--------------

Giving up Chandler, Randolph and Curry makes sense to me. Probably why Wilson has disappeared huh? Poor lad!

Anyway... I imagine this is as far as Walsh will budge. And why should he have to offer more (when we all know we can sign 'Melo for nothing after the season).

Denver has played its hand but found that there's nothing really they can do, for Anthony has all the leverage.

They'll get a few decent pieces and some draft picks. I imagine they'll hold out for a little more than what's being reported, and they'll float out ideas to the public trying to entice another team to jump in (to rent 'Melo), like DAL or something.

I even imagine Walsh really pulling off a coup and bring back a PG (like Luke R.)... who knows.

But, it's beginning to look like this just might happen. Hey Knick fans... Imagine that!

If this deal goes through this week I'm wondering if MDA will do the right thing and continue to start Moz. Or will he revert back to his boneheaded self and start Gallo?

Starting lineup:

C Moz
PF STAT
SF MELLO
SG Fields
PG Felton

Bench:

PF/SF/SG Gallo 6th man
C/PF Ronny
SF Williams
G Douglas
SG/SF Walker

mafra

Legend
Curry to Minni? Don't see the numbers adding up, would think Curry to Denver unless NY and or Miini is adding more players to go to Denver for salary match. But, how ever the players are divided up I would pull the trigger on it and hope that Melo, Felton and STAT can co-exist. I understand Minni's piece in this since no one wants to go there to play so they need to do what they can to get players.

Salary doesn't have to match if you're under the cap, and I'm sure there are other pieces (spare parts)... These don't get mentioned b/c they are irrelevant until after the fact

New New York

Quiet Storm
Guys put your pants back on. Rotoworld already reported Randolph isn't going to minny

They offer no excuse as to why. MINNY is buying low on all sorts of young talent. They have no need for Brewer. Of course they'll add Randolph if all it costs is one of their 1st rounders. Randolph would probably be the #1 pick if he was in the draft. He compliments LOVE.

I don't buy into this report that AR to MIN is dead.

Word!!! Now this deal is far from imminent, but Minny is certainley interested in AR

Lets not forget that The Wolves were offering Love for AR just a week before we traded for him

Now I do not get why they would give up a first rounder and Brewer just to end up with AR.....but that said Brewer does not have much trade value right now so maybe Minny isnt hearbroken about losing him, plus they would save 2 million dollars in cap next season by making swapping out Brewer for AR.

we'll see.

iSaYughh

Starter
Word!!! Now this deal is far from imminent, but Minny is certainley interested in AR

Lets not forget that The Wolves were offering Love for AR just a week before we traded for him

Now I do not get why they would give up a first rounder and Brewer just to end up with AR.....but that said Brewer does not have much trade value right now so maybe Minny isnt hearbroken about losing him, plus they would save 2 million dollars in cap next season by making swapping out Brewer for AR.

we'll see.

Kahn and MIN are prolly getting greedy and hubristic after Beasley and Darko. And think AR will become KG 2.0 under them.

Darko
Love
AR-Beasley

*would* be a sick top4 of bigs.

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks in 3-Way Talks?

Chris_Broussard

Chris Broussard

(via theknicksblog.com)

--------------

Broussard is like David Aldridge, trusted sources that dont BS

After the whole Lebron thing I realized Broussard was up on his game with sources. If He says this is happening then bet your ass it is.

Melo to NY!

Just think of the all the isolation plays for Amare and Melo.

They will torch the league with countless foul shots and penetration.