Howard to NY???? Magic dont win a ring, bye bye dwight

Toons

is the Bo$$
Howard has his eyes on Los Angeles and New York, sources close to him have insisted for months, and nothing short of championship basketball may be enough to compel him to re-sign with the Magic. Since trading for Arenas on Dec. 18, the Magic have had a nine-game winning streak, some real moments of promise, but this will never work unless Arenas has the staying power to evolve into a scaled-down, efficient model of his old explosive self. Yahoo! Sports

KBlack25

Starter
I thought about this...but I think if Melo comes to NY you can pencil it in that Dwight Howard is rockin Purp and Yellow.

Toons

is the Bo$$
yeah, i can see bynum, artest and a pick for howard....that would suck, but kobe would be like 36 then

Howard to NY = Not gonna happen. We're after Melo and CP3. Also Dwight said he wants a ring now, but we're some way off that. CP3 would be more important to us than Howard. Mozgv has shown signs of domination with his 7-1 athletic frame. I think in about 2 years he can be a double double machine. No need for Howard. We desperately need a world class playmaker like Chris Paul. We're not going to win a ring with Felton and Douglas at the point.

Paul
Fields
Melo
STAT
Mozgov

would be better than

Felton
Fields
Melo
STAT
Howard

imo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Howard to NY = Not gonna happen. We're after Melo and CP3. Also Dwight said he wants a ring now, but we're some way off that. CP3 would be more important to us than Howard. Mozgv has shown signs of domination with his 7-1 athletic frame. I think in about 2 years he can be a double double machine. No need for Howard. We desperately need a world class playmaker like Chris Paul. We're not going to win a ring with Felton and Douglas at the point.

Paul
Fields
Melo
STAT
Mozgov

would be better than

Felton
Fields
Melo
STAT
Howard

imo.

nah son.....a strong front court beats a strong back court....imo.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I would rather have Dwight Howard then any player in the NBA.

He has had no stars on the Magic, and has carried that team to the finals.

He is THE big man.

Finding Centers that can bring even 75% of what Dwight does is so so rare.

But you are right, him coming to NY is sort of a long shot.

And I would still be excited if we did get CP3.

p0nder

Starter
Stat + Howard = second coming of the "twin towers"

They would be an unstoppable duo. I know that balance and PG play are keys to winning in today's NBA, but i would love for this to happen. I don't know if they'd be a dynasty-bound team, but i think they would be the best front court tandem ever and would win a few titles.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Howard would, in theory, solve any defensive and rebound liabilities we have.

cosign. what will paul bring that felton currently doesnt? 3 assists or so per game, better free throw shooting....
IM not saying felton is better than paul.
but if your upgrading out of need, and you have 2 A+ players, you go for the center.
when has a pg carried a team to a ring?

Red

TYPE-A
Howard has his eyes on Los Angeles and New York, sources close to him have insisted for months, and nothing short of championship basketball may be enough to compel him to re-sign with the Magic. Since trading for Arenas on Dec. 18, the Magic have had a nine-game winning streak, some real moments of promise, but this will never work unless Arenas has the staying power to evolve into a scaled-down, efficient model of his old explosive self. Yahoo! Sports

Every "potential" FA has his eyes on NY & LA...

Tell us something we don't know. Its proven that an interest in one of the big market teams boost the bottom lines of players contracts... no surprise there

If you want to show us you want NY either take less, or demand and hold steadfast like Melo, get here...

Then I'll believe you.

Other than that, its the same old ploy to use NY

la2ny

Starter
These reports make me smh. Dude still has another year on his contract, there is no indication to me he even wants to leave Disneyworld for Disneyland or any other city for that matter. I feel these are just for these writers to put crap out.

cosign. what will paul bring that felton currently doesnt? 3 assists or so per game, better free throw shooting....
but if your upgrading out of need, and you have 2 A+ players, you go for the center.

Isiah Thomas - Pistons, Magic Johnson - Lakers, Clyde Frazier - Knicks, Oscar Robertson - Bucks.

Noteable others who pushed their teams to the Finals: John Stockton, Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Johnson.

I think in today's NBA the PG spot is the most important position, because of the pace of the game and the necessity to distribute the ball to so many different players (PFs taking 3 pointers etc.)

20 years ago most team's PGs had to carry the ball over the halfcourt mark and pass it to their big man near the paint.

Clyde Frazier said during preseason that he thinks this is the era of the PG, with so many talented PGs in the league and out of College. He also said that he thinks it is easier to turn a 7 footer into a decent rebounder/shot blocker than turning a shoot first PG into a good playmaker.

I agree with you on STAT and Howard beeing utterly dominant and all, but where do the passes come from? Felton has already trouble playing the pick and roll with Amar'e...

Paul could turn Mozgov into a 15 ppg center over a season with his passing. Look what Kidd did to the Nets in 2002-2005 or Nash in Phoenix. Plus Paul plays defense unlike the guys mentioned above.

tiger0330

Legend
If he wants to win a ring then he leaves the Magic for sure. They made a major mistake trading for Arenas and now have to leave with him for 3 more years, the Wiz got lucky unloading him don't think anyone will want him now unless he miraculously turns his game around.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer

They would be an unstoppable duo. I know that balance and PG play are keys to winning in today's NBA, but i would love for this to happen. I don't know if they'd be a dynasty-bound team, but i think they would be the best front court tandem ever and would win a few titles.

That name would never go over in New York

iSaYughh

Starter

Dude....

CP3 is sp monumentally more efficient than Felton (and most every just "good" pg). Superior in slashing, three pt shooting, passing, defense, steals.

CP3 has an ant's dick worth of the talent/system Felton has, and still destroys him, even by just numbers; to say nothing of the quality of his passes.

Let's be real tho: we will get whoever we can get. If there is a 25% we can get CP3, and a 24% chance to get Howard, we will go for CP3. Vice versa.

If we get Melo, especially, it will just be whatever we can best do, $-wise/logistically. We will have no preference other than who we can best get.

Howard to LA seems likeliest. CP3 to us. (both long shots)

p0nder

Starter
That name would never go over in New York

true, and i don't mean to be insensitive but D. Rob and T.Duncan were the best front court duo in history and got themselves a title out of their work together.

howard and STAT would be better together then those two and the numbers they would generate would be historic.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Although I'm not sure if the lines up would work out fiscally:

Amar'e, Melo, Dwight > Amar'e, Melo, Paul

Dwight holds down the defensive end in Orlando mostly by himself. You will not win rings without defense. Dwight is needed more than Paul (though I would not scoff at either of the line-ups).:beer:

stat and Howard wouldn't work because if u remember when stat was in PHO and shaq went there stat was not happy at all with the amount of touches he got...y would he feel any different with Howard?

iSaYughh

Starter
stat and Howard wouldn't work because if u remember when stat was in PHO and shaq went there stat was not happy at all with the amount of touches he got...y would he feel any different with Howard?

Shaq also just sucked. Plus, Amare wasn't nearly as mature a player.

SSOL also produces enough possessions for both, and then some. Howard is very efficient, as well.