Is Mosgov the most important player on the team?

Lets face it the knicks aren't going anywhere if we don't get a solid center.If Mosgov can develop into a solid player at the center position we wouldn't have to offer a max contract to deandre/gasol/dalambert.We desperately need a center so stat can go to his natural pf position and Mosgov has that size and is showing his potential.

did u see wat we did when mozgov didnt play? we went on a 8 game winning streak.
don't get me wrong I like mozgov and everything but the most important player is exaggerating things
as of now stat is the most important and a big reason for all our success this year...but I do feel tht melo will have to b our most important player if we were to get him

iSaYughh

Starter
I mean, ya, he's important. And will keep our options more open in the off season. But WTF @ having to give Jordan/Dalembert/Gasol a max contract? No way theyll command that respect. MLE-type deal, except for Gasol who'l command more. Though all but Dalembert will require a trade, too.

Perkins, Davis are unrestricted FA's too. ML type deals could ink either.

Moz may be the most important, though, pound4pound, that we have. Important maybe isn't the best word, but I know what u mean.

If Moz really shows us a lot, we likely don't go for Jordan (tho he may still be worth it giving how ****ing sick he is) or Gasol etc.

And just pick up a Davis or Perkins or Dalembert. And perhaps two of those 3 if we don't pick up Turiaf option (~5M).

Moz, Davis, Turiaf would be a really sweet stable of bigs to surround STAT. And our stable of oversized 2's/3's: Fields, Gallo, Melo (god willing).

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Not so crazy statement. Mozgov is a key piece in the Knicks future. Centers are starting to be a rare gift in this league. There aren't enough in the NBA to complete an All Star ballot. Nowadays, you are an elite center averaging 10 points and 8 rebounds. Timofey has clearly the potential to become a Top-10 in his position.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Not so crazy statement. Mozgov is a key piece in the Knicks future. Centers are starting to be a rare gift in this league. There aren't enough in the NBA to complete an All Star ballot. Nowadays, you are an elite center averaging 10 points and 8 rebounds. Timofey has clearly the potential to become a Top-10 in his position.

amare is still hands down the mvp of the knicks and that will not change for a long time...MAYBE if we get melo..MAYBE

Markutis

Benchwarmer
amare is still hands down the mvp of the knicks and that will not change for a long time...MAYBE if we get melo..MAYBE

Nobody's saying Mozgov is or will be a superstar. There's a difference between being a MVP or a key factor.

MProv00

Rookie
I kno one thing....if they cant teach him to catch the ball n hold on to it hes a way better player than ronnie..!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because when you consider The Knicks need a rugged big man to play next to Amare....as well as a secondary scorer and being that we only have money to land either or this summer and it appears that we are sold out on Melo (and Ty Chandler is not leaving Dallas, and Gasol will be with Grizz for life), thus that position of rugged big man has to be filled with someone currently on our roster....Thats why I have Mozgov being the most important player in that regard!

So we gotta play him, Herb has got to mold him to be solid, not an All Star, but at least a Big Man who contributes on both ends.

act_timofey_mozgov.jpg

Paul1355

All Star
Lets face it the knicks aren't going anywhere if we don't get a solid center.If Mosgov can develop into a solid player at the center position we wouldn't have to offer a max contract to deandre/gasol/dalambert.We desperately need a center so stat can go to his natural pf position and Mosgov has that size and is showing his potential.

When Mozgov plays we play so much better.

I was at the Philley Game on sunday and on offense he still is very raw but on defense he was causing problems for guys trying to penetrate and Elton Brand, despite scoring at will sometimes, would be stopped because of Mozgov's presence.

I love Amare but unless you are facing a team with no good post players and a small lineup, Amare should always be the PF and stay there. Mike D has to stop using the David Lee treatment and stop playing Amare overtime at Center.

If Mozgov can be good on rebounding, blocks, and staying out of foul trouble then everything else will eventually come naturally to a kid who is a quick learner.

He is young, very athletic and has high energy. He just has to learn to control it. Even Ronny Turiaf struggles with this.

We sould still go after a center who can rebound efficiently, I would of liked Dampier but his athleticism is an F so someone like Dampier who can run the floor. Jeff Foster? Someone with size, experience and the ability to play smart as a center and hold the fort for role player type minutes.

I hope Mozgov blossoms at the end of this year, my prediction is that he will be full time starter by the end of the season.

Mozgov can be a beast! THe only white center I have ever seen who has some hops.

With his size and athleticism our rebounding get's 50% better, plus our defense improves dramatically due to his presence in the paint and the sheer fact that 6'8 Shawne Williams ain't guarding the opp. center....

Toons

is the Bo$$
should be, the centre position is the most important on the knicks team. moz is not the answer this year.