Knicks Interested in Aaron Brooks (Newsday)

masterreborn

Benchwarmer
"The Knicks are mulling a trade that could bring in Aaron Brooks for some needed backcourt help. A source with knowledge of the situation said the Rockets ?are going to try hard? to move Brooks before the Feb. 24 trade deadline. A separate source confirmed that the Knicks are interested. The 6-foot guard was suspended by the Rockets for last night?s game against the Nuggets after he walked off the court during a timeout late in Houston?s victory over Memphis on Saturday. Brooks, the NBA ?s Most Improved Player last season, has been upset with coach Rick Adelman about his playing time, which has been significantly reduced since his return from an early-season ankle injury? Brooks will make $2 million this season and will be a restricted free agent. The Rockets could consider taking injured guard Kelenna Azubuike ?s expiring contract with a $3.3-million salary that is eligible to have 80 percent covered by insurance. The Rockets might not look for a rotation player in return, especially with backcourt minutes to split between Kyle Lowry , Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee . Rookie Ishmael Smith also is in the mix.

Here at Red94, we?ve talked extensively about possible trades with Brooks appearing to be a prime target for movement, but I?m not sure about dealing him simply for a slightly bigger expiring deal back. Maybe Brooks would be leveraged in a possible deal for Carmelo Anthony, maybe creating a path for Anthony Randolph?s corpse to be shipped here? I?m not sure, but the vague information provided in this Newsday article offer no sex appeal for a player who, while obviously diminished, is still one of the Rockets? best scorers.
"

-http://www.red94.net/newsday-knicks-interested-aaron-brooks/5713/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

iSaYughh

Starter
Righteous. This would be a great trade. A needed player for our backcourt, and his game fits like a glove.

Fast as the wind, creative passer, deadly outside game. Take pressure off, while forcing Felton to up his game. Let Douglas backup our 2 and do what he does best.

I could see Brooks and Douglas being very dynamic together.

Felton-Brooks
Fields-Douglas
Gallo-Williams
Melo-Turiaf
STAT-Moz

That's a sick 10, with versatility to go big or small on command.