Stephen A. Smith Podcast about Melo

Red

TYPE-A
http://search.espn.go.com/stephen-a-smith/audio/7

Anyone hear Stephen A. Smith's show yesterday 2/8?

He's back on at 1050espn @ 7pm est.

Check it out.

He feels holding this deal up for Galo is just ridiculous.
He says Melo is upset with our FO, he feels he was gift wrapped and should've been a knick already.

His thoughts on Bynum were that Jerry said no.

He praises Donnie, but says this may be the end of the line. And someone should get fired if we don't get Melo.

Check it out, let me know.

My bad if the link to the podcast doesn't work, if not just go to espn.com, and search Stephen A. Smith and play it.

Comments...

*Galo lovers,be prepared

nyk_nyk

All Star

Check it out.

He says Melo is upset with our FO, he feels he was gift wrapped and should've been a knick already.

He praises Donnie, but says this may be the end of the line. And someone should get fired if we don't get Melo.

My bad if the link to the podcast doesn't work, if not just go to espn.com, and search Stephen A. Smith and play it.

Comments...

*Galo lovers,be prepared

If DEN wants Gallo they can have him. We wouldn't require heavy minutes from the backup SF position if Melo were here anyway.

I still say we wait it out a bit. This LA thing apparently has no legs so nothing has changed (despite what DEN wants us to think).

Agreed. Id ship Gallo's ass out in a minute if he's the one holding this thing up. We are so stocked a sf that losing him and Will for Melo doesn't hurt much because Melo is better than both and then we have guys to back Melo up. Pull the trigger donnie!

Check it out.

Comments...

*Galo lovers,be prepared

If I'm Melo I'd be pissed to. He turned down a deal that would have been the next best thing to MSG and now we're presumably fretting over giving up Gallo and Chandler. The deal should have been done...

la2ny

Starter
Why us, why us?

Were fans not dedicated enough during the 90's? Did trading Pat really put a curse on us?

KingofNy

Starter
If we are stuck watching this team only play offense with our dumb coach, he better get the best offensive players he can and Gallo is NOWHERE CLOSE TO THAT. D'Antoni has a big problem with favoring his "buddies" including his family, and then crapping on everyone else. Well now we're the ones that are going to be crapped on.

D'Antoni is wasting all this talent this team has...And now he's going to lose us Melo because I'm sure he's already promised Gallo that he's not going anywhere. Now I bet Denver wants him and Dolan doesn't know what to do. If we lose Melo because of D'Antoni's love of Gallo, I'm going to lose it. I wish the Knicks front office would just ship Gallo out for Melo and kick O'Antoni out the door right along with him.

KingofNy

Starter
If I'm Melo I'd be pissed to. He turned down a deal that would have been the next best thing to MSG and now we're presumably fretting over giving up Gallo and Chandler. The deal should have been done...

I bet money Melo doesn't even want to come here anymore. Everytime this organization takes one step up, they do some dumb crap and take two steps back. Unfortunately this one is going to cost Walsh his job....And I solely blame that on D'Antoni. Well that and Dolan is a moron for hiring "no" D' Antoni. If we hire Isiah back I think I'm going to stop watching NBA basketball.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I bet money Melo doesn't even want to come here anymore. Everytime this organization takes one step up, they do some dumb crap and take two steps back. Unfortunately this one is going to cost Walsh his job....And I solely blame that on D'Antoni. Well that and Dolan is a moron for hiring "no" D' Antoni. If we hire Isiah back I think I'm going to stop watching NBA basketball.
I don't think that is true. If that was the case he would just tell Denver that and or sign the extension, right? I do think Dolan is stupid enough to fire Walsh if we don't get Melo. It will be sad to hire Thomas back to replace what Walsh did for us.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Another way of looking at this is we would potentially lose out on 2 superstars (if Melo does not become a Knick). For whatever reason or resons we lost them as an organization that spells inability to get the job done. And for that heads must roll. IN this this particular case it will be Walsh who will be the sacrificial lamb. Sucks but has to be done....

I hope it doesn't come down to this tho as Walsh to me has done a solid job!

SlimChin

Rookie
i can't listen to this podcast here at work. but is this a fact?? are you serious— it's Gallo that's holding this up???

no i can't believe this. and if it's true, Donnie really dropped the ball on this one.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If we are stuck watching this team only play offense with our dumb coach, he better get the best offensive players he can and Gallo is NOWHERE CLOSE TO THAT. D'Antoni has a big problem with favoring his "buddies" including his family, and then crapping on everyone else. Well now we're the ones that are going to be crapped on.

D'Antoni is wasting all this talent this team has...And now he's going to lose us Melo because I'm sure he's already promised Gallo that he's not going anywhere. Now I bet Denver wants him and Dolan doesn't know what to do. If we lose Melo because of D'Antoni's love of Gallo, I'm going to lose it. I wish the Knicks front office would just ship Gallo out for Melo and kick O'Antoni out the door right along with him.

Dantoni does not make the personnel decisions. Walsh and ultimately Dolan are the only people who have the power to make trades.

I have to assume that Walsh just doesn't feel like bidding against himself. DAN and NY are calling each others bluff.

moneyg

Starter
Dantoni does not make the personnel decisions. Walsh and ultimately Dolan are the only people who have the power to make trades.

I have to assume that Walsh just doesn't feel like bidding against himself. DAN and NY are calling each others bluff.

true but if walsh trades for a player... there is no guarantee that O'antoni will give minutes to that player... im positive there is a disconnect between our coach and GM

also...all this talk about CP3 2012 is foolish.. becuz.. there no way under cap rules that we will be able to keep gallo and get CP3 in 2012.. we would have to release gallo's rights.. so we might as well get rid of him now..

if gallo want to be a knick.. he can come back for the mid level exception when he is a URFA

KingofNy

Starter

Please tell me you're not serious? No he can't physically pull the trigger on a trade or acquisition, but he has a LARGE say in what players the team is looking to get. The only way D'Antoni wouldn't have a say is if he's had a falling out with leadership... Otherwise the bosses at the lowest levels tell their bosses what they need and they take it from there. Why would the FO pick up guys when their coach isn't going to play them because they don't fit their style?

As for your second statement, Denver is holding all the cards right now because it's obvious that Melo is unhappy that we're not willing to give Denver a fair offer for him and he wants his 65M/3. There is no bluff here...Either we up our Ante or we lose out on Carmelo and all the other acquisitions that come along with signing him. Losing Gallo or Fields along with Chandler won't hurt us one bit. I wish they would send Denver a realistic offer before Carmelo doesn't want to play for us anymore and reconsiders going to NJ or Chicago.

KingofNy

Starter
true but if walsh trades for a player... there is no guarantee that O'antoni will give minutes to that player... im positive there is a disconnect between our coach and GM

also...all this talk about CP3 2012 is foolish.. becuz.. there no way under cap rules that we will be able to keep gallo and get CP3 in 2012.. we would have to release gallo's rights.. so we might as well get rid of him now..

if gallo want to be a knick.. he can come back for the mid level exception when he is a URFA

You hit the nail on the head. We need to get rid of Gallo anyways in order to get the 3rd max contract. If we don't pull this crap off because of their love for Gallo, I'm gonna be pissed.