Los Angelos Clippers @ New York Knicks

Hayato

Benchwarmer
What a complete disgrace this team is losing to a bummy team that only had 4 road wins entering the game.How do the Knicks lose to the Clippers, Kings, and Warriors on their home court? This team won't get very far with this coaching staff.I won't be surprised if they fall to 9th or 10th place in the standings by next month.Bottom line is that any team who plays no defense whatsoever but happens to stay above the 500 mark this late in the season is an overachieving team.The good thing is that if the Knicks miss the playoffs, D'antoni will be shown the exit to MSG.

dont foget we lost to the cavs

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
well we are what we thought we were!!! a .500 team.. Felton has come back down to earth as just an above average player.. His game has really fallen off since the start of the year.. Toney Douglas sucks.. we gotta trade this guy if he's even worth anything. We def. need to upgrade a player to take all those minutes Douglas gets. If we get a great upgrade over Douglas our team would be MUCH better. He hada good game tonight but im looking at his body of work.. bad shots, missed layups.. He's a young player that could get better but hes not good right now . the best players on this team are Fields and STAT.. then maybe Felton , chandler, Gallo.. I believe we part ways with Chandler at seasons end.. Ever since Donnie made it a point to say Chandler will besigned again a couple weeks ago he has been playing terrible..

If we have to spice up the deal to get Carmelo and throw Gallo in there we gotta do it.. I know we will have to throw in Fields because DAntoni wont trade his nephew .. Id evn rather part with Felton than Fields at this point and try to get another good PGB.. Because Fields is a winning player a smart player.. That will compliment STAT and Melo perfectly. He's one of those pieces desperatly needed on a championship calibur team..

just my .02 cents!

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
+1

Have you seen the PICK AND ROLL!!!! It's no where to be found how the hell did he end up with 10 assist??? I see why Charlotte was so quick to give him up and I see why Steph Jack made all the ball handling decisions in the 4th Q.

I think Felton has it in his head that he is some type of allstar caliber player and you can tell by the horrible shots he puts up.

Yea i cringe every time he take the ball up the court and drives to the hoop missing a layup he attempts to go over 3 defenders without even giving another player a look..

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
well we are what we thought we were!!! a .500 team.. Felton has come back down to earth as just an above average player.. His game has really fallen off since the start of the year.. Toney Douglas sucks.. we gotta trade this guy if he's even worth anything. We def. need to upgrade a player to take all those minutes Douglas gets. If we get a great upgrade over Douglas our team would be MUCH better. He hada good game tonight but im looking at his body of work.. bad shots, missed layups.. He's a young player that could get better but hes not good right now . the best players on this team are Fields and STAT.. then maybe Felton , chandler, Gallo.. I believe we part ways with Chandler at seasons end.. Ever since Donnie made it a point to say Chandler will besigned again a couple weeks ago he has been playing terrible..

If we have to spice up the deal to get Carmelo and throw Gallo in there we gotta do it.. I know we will have to throw in Fields because DAntoni wont trade his nephew .. Id evn rather part with Felton than Fields at this point and try to get another good PGB.. Because Fields is a winning player a smart player.. That will compliment STAT and Melo perfectly. He's one of those pieces desperatly needed on a championship calibur team..

just my .02 cents!

Its like every time Douglas steps on the court the whole offense changes. He literally has no peripheral vision and the worst part is he can't complete the pick and roll play to save his life. I constantly see Fields and Chandler cut to the basket and all they need is a lead pass to score a lay-up/dunk but Douglas never gives up the ball.

Another trend I am starting to see is Felton trying to be a Marbury type of player. He just wants to chuck threes up and drive in to force shots. Don't get me wrong his floater is decent and all but he shouldn't be averaging so many points to the point where we need him to score to win. I want his playmaking to create for other players on the team. He needs to be the team orchestrator and lead the team to victories. I am tired of seeing him chuck up threes.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Just an awful game last night but I want to still try and remain optimistic. I gotta think this Melo drama is playing a roll here on this team also. Even if your name is not in the mix of traded players. Am I making excuses for the sorry play of last night... probably but I think to some extent it's true.

mafra

Legend
Just an awful game last night but I want to still try and remain optimistic. I gotta think this Melo drama is playing a roll here on this team also. Even if your name is not in the mix of traded players. Am I making excuses for the sorry play of last night... probably but I think to some extent it's true.

Please, these cats are millionaire little boys. What strees/worries truly weigh on their minds? What club they plan on going to after the game?

Carmelo trade rumors aren't preventing them from sliding over and playing help defense, or doing more than reaching for a loose ball. Does anybody dive, contest, foul before 10 minutes to go in the 4th?

There is no ball movement, or will to defend, and this is 50/50 coach/player's fault.

Right now, the only chance the Knicks have to compete is to shoot well from behind the arc. They were 1-11 while LAC was 5-7 in the first half. When NY is missing their 3s, they have no energy. Clippers didn't want to defend either, but on offense they constantly made the extra pass and drained the midrange jumper. Two things we failed to do.

Gallo-Chandler are to blame, not Felton. This team rises and falls with the two young kids. THEY ARE YOUNG, so I'll give them that pass. But they need to give a lot more than they are right now... and do it consistently. Unfortunately, that's like asking my to speak click. It just wont happen this season.

elcol

Rotation player
felton 17 pts 12 assists

toney douglas +16 efficiency

the REAL problem was defence... we let a horrible fg% team drop shots on us which put them in a rhythm, once again we lock down in the 4th but by then they are in so much in a zone foye could hit threes with ease, even well defended.

felton 17 pts 12 assists

toney douglas +16 efficiency

the REAL problem was defence... we let a horrible fg% team drop shots on us which put them in a rhythm, once again we lock down in the 4th but by then they are in so much in a zone foye could hit threes with ease, even well defended.

This guy is prime example of looking at the box score. You didn't watch the game if you think Felton's 17 and 12 assist was a good game. He allowed Layup after layup allowed Bledsoe to get wide open for 3's Baron Davis to Bully him on the dribble drive stop and pop even posting up. Foye got his shots because Raymond couldn't hold him so we switched every possession on D and Foye got wide open or Amare guarding him at the perimeter. Felton was so bad on D we saw Gallo on Davis smh :barf:

elcol

Rotation player
i did watch the game and i did notice how felton and stoudamire etc failed to switch on the pick and rolls, if i were the coach i would tell them to not switch, they aren't making the decision to switch, dantoni is the one telling them to when its obviously the wrong, this game was a collectively bad team defensive effort, not just one player screwing up whoever it may have been. foye played well, davis, griffin, jordan, gomes.

what im saying is this is what happens in the early quarters the knicks think about starting the offense and they let the other team get into a rhythm, later on it won't matter how well you're defending them they'll be dropping shots cuz they're so hot.

Toons

is the Bo$$
What a complete disgrace this team is losing to a bummy team that only had 4 road wins entering the game.How do the Knicks lose to the Clippers, Kings, and Warriors on their home court? This team won't get very far with this coaching staff.I won't be surprised if they fall to 9th or 10th place in the standings by next month.Bottom line is that any team who plays no defense whatsoever but happens to stay above the 500 mark this late in the season is an overachieving team.The good thing is that if the Knicks miss the playoffs, D'antoni will be shown the exit to MSG.

the clippers are not a bad team.
the warriors are not a bad team.

records are deceiving

Toons

is the Bo$$
to be fair, its only chandlers what....3rd game back from the injury?
gallo bounced back after a few bad games, im sure chandler will too.
our team is so incomplete that we cant afford injuries, no matter how small they are, because with the limited level of talent on this squad, we have a small room for error. everyone just chill....ease up on these 22 and 23 year olds. Dont mind philly's record, remember iggy was injured, and played bad until he was 100% dont let the stats fool you. I know you all love your teams n all, but its not like were boston and we lost to the clippers. There are teams in the nba that have more talent than we do, and there are teams that have slightly less, but if they huustle more than we do, we lose. its not anyones fault yet, we cant win 82 games.

iJoe

Rotation player
Only thing that bugs me is that Amare is calling the team out, when he should be calling himself out. He's been turning the ball over and playing paper defense, while settling for either difficult shots, or jump shots.

Gallo might not have shot well, but he had more free throws than the rest of the team COMBINED. Amare only shot 4. Thats travesty and shows that the team as a whole just needs to be more aggressive.

The Clips shot the outside ball well and that opened up things inside for em and the Knicks just couldn't catch up. They've beaten great teams before, its no reason to hit the panic button. It feels like every time our team goes on a loss, the entire forums light up cause people are so eager to point out the deficiencies. It feels like most of you watch these games to root against Dantoni and just bring in star players to "save" the team. It's sad.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Only thing that bugs me is that Amare is calling the team out, when he should be calling himself out. He's been turning the ball over and playing paper defense, while settling for either difficult shots, or jump shots.

Gallo might not have shot well, but he had more free throws than the rest of the team COMBINED. Amare only shot 4. Thats travesty and shows that the team as a whole just needs to be more aggressive.

The Clips shot the outside ball well and that opened up things inside for em and the Knicks just couldn't catch up. They've beaten great teams before, its no reason to hit the panic button. It feels like every time our team goes on a loss, the entire forums light up cause people are so eager to point out the deficiencies. It feels like most of you watch these games to root against Dantoni and just bring in star players to "save" the team. It's sad.

Well we should not be losing to teams like the Kings, Clippers and Cavs. That will always cause a stir.