Should we just trade Gallinari?

Trade Gallo?

• Yes and we should fire Mike D'antoni as well.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yes if he's the one that's keeping the trade from happening.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No we should try to convince Denver to accept our current offer.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No forget Melo he's not worth 2/5 of our starting lineup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
W him, Melo, STAT and Felt I think we can contend.

He's an integral piece. I wouldn't trade him, no.

Donnie should stay patient.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
W him, Melo, STAT and Felt I think we can contend.

He's an integral piece. I wouldn't trade him, no.

Donnie should stay patient.

its inconclusive that melo will be the SF so gallo would either be here as a BACKUP or as a SG but why make him learn a new position when u already have a solid youngster in Fields at that position? i love gallo like you, but its got to be done. plus we still have another good SF in williams in the rotation

Felton/Douglas
Fields/Walker
Melo/Williams
Amare/Williams
Mozgov/Turiaf

isnt bad at all..we'd definitely be more flexible if we kept gallo but unfortunately that cant be done if we're going to get melo..sure you could stretch the roster out more if we keep Galo rather than Fields since Gallo can play SF and PF (and even a little SG) but like i said, Melo will be the new SF and theres no real use of making Gallo start over from scratch at SG when you have Fields who is doing good there

la2ny

Starter
(Sigh) these type of things have become so redundant. The rumors, all the "sources" and all the front office crap w/ ISayUgh possibly being back and trying to lowball Denver, I might lose it...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I've been saying it since I got here and I'll continue to say it.. You don't put Gallo in a trade for Melo. I wouldn't do it. Gallo is going to be real friggin good.. We'll need him. Let Melo wait for free agency if its all about winning.

If Gallo's holding the the deal up that speaks to his value. We need a guy like that and he will continue to get better. Off the bench or in the starting lineup w Amare and Melo you need that guy..

la2ny

Starter
It's funny because 2 months ago it was Landry holding up any deal and people were going nuts saying how we need to keep him, now it's Gallo lol.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
If Denver asks for Gallo in a deal then so be it. When you have the opportunity to get a superstar, you don't hesitate. Players like Gallo can be replaced; having a chance to get a top 5 player in the league in his prime doesn't come around too often.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
But why give up Gallo, an important piece, when you can wait for Melo? Plus Denver's in bitch position.. Donnie should play hardball..

And there aren't too many guys around the league w Gallo's skillset. Idt he's so easily replaceable.

What 6'10'' guy outside of Dirk has Gallo's range of talent? And don't say Hedo who can't slash like G, or pass like him.. Odom yea, but Gallo's imo is the better shooter in addition to being a better slasher. He's able to draws fouls better than Odom too.

Once he figures it all out..

I wouldn't sell on that investment yet.. Not when you can still get Melo in the offseason.

But why give up Gallo, an important piece, when you can wait for Melo? Plus Denver's in bitch position.. Donnie should play hardball..

And there aren't too many guys around the league w Gallo's skillset. Idt he's so easily replaceable.

What 6'10'' guy outside of Dirk has Gallo's range of talent? And don't say Hedo who can't slash like G, or pass like him.. Odom yea, but Gallo's imo is the better shooter in addition to being a better slasher. He's able to draws fouls better than Odom too.

Once he figures it all out..

I wouldn't sell on that investment yet.. Not when you can still get Melo in the offseason.

You have heard the reports that Melo is upset that a deal isnt completed already. I presume. He also said today he is going to have to take a long hard look at the extension if he's still with Denver after the trading deadline.

Why take a chance on him not coming if all its going to take is Gallo & Chandler? Because the coach likes Gallo? Melo would be here long after MDA is fired. I say make the deal...

...... and people are saying we should get rid of him.

I'd still hate to trade Fields. I'd rather do Gallo & Chandler. Fields doesnt have to score to be effective, and he's only going to get better at this the longer he's in the league. If Gallo isnt hitting his shot he's basically useless.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'd still hate to trade Fields. I'd rather do Gallo & Chandler. Fields doesnt have to score to be effective, and he's only going to get better at this the longer he's in the league. If Gallo isnt hitting his shot he's basically useless.

So he's useless even tho he still gets to the line? He shot the ball horribly tnite and still gave us 20. Gallo is a unique talent.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Gallo has a decent upside but IMO he's replaceable. He spaces the floor well for the team because of his range but his defense is average (maybe slightly below) & he's not a good rebounder for his size. There's other SF's in the league that have his skillset & are better defenders & rebound more.