If we get melo..we cant get a max in 2012 w/o giving up gallo..so give him up now..

moneyg

Starter
i really wish people would stop putting their sights on CP3 and D will in 2012..

There is no way we can get Melo, have max money in 2012 and keep gallo all at the same time.

We all nee to relize that we would have to let Gallo go in order to sign a max in 2012...

Amare and Melo would both be making about 20 mil apeice in 2012...so do the math...

Add in Mozgov's 3 mil and a team option for TD..

we might have about 16 mil in cap space.. all of that will get suck up

We wont have fileds, felton, AR , chandler, etc..

fields maybe different because he is a second rounder.. and has no QO..

but if we are lookin for a big three..

we wont have these guys long term anyway..

SO if OUR PLAN is to get Melo then get Cp3 in 2012... we would be foolish to hold on to players we will only have for 1 more season after this one...

if this trade is being held up for these guys...come on....we aint winning a Chip this year anyway...or competing with MIA or Boston in the East...

So lets get Melo in the fold.. and move forward...

IF THATS THE PLAN....

iSaYughh

Starter
We'd still want to trade him in the most distant of possible futures, to boost his value as high as possible,

See how good we are with simply adding Melo and a big.

That could easily be as good, and more feasible a team, as Paul/Melo/Amare and who knows,

Especially when cp3 is still a total who knows.

The plan isn't to bank n focalize on a hypothetical "big three". Even if it gets the rocks off ppl who wanna ditch Gallo in every possible scenario.

MIA big three materializes through the sheer fortune and unliklihood of Wade/Bosh/Bron being total FA's at the same time,

And Riley making cap clearing movies *right before* the signings,

And it still took the three not getting derailed by any other team and coalescing together.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I like the Rooster but we can always train Rautins to be the fun-loving three-shooting white boy that everybody grows to love and hate at the same time.

Examples:

Wally Sczerbiak
Tom Guggliotta
Bobby Sura
Mike Miller

iSaYughh

Starter
If Gallo, and say Fields, goes in a "gutting", i guess the consolation of giving up a lot, is "well, maybe I guess now we can more easily get CP3/Williams in 2012".

A success of bringing in Melo doesn't make us a success, or assure us of one.

MIA success also hinged/hinges on the masterful signings of Miller and Haslem, which predicated on them taking less. And again, all this got done at the last hour by Riley, and with very little risk (unlike this proposed acquisition of a Big Three).

skisloper

Starter
With a few weeks if we do not get Melo I am sure the D'antonio/Gallo haters will blame it on our reluctance to give up Gallo...

Guys come on....Donnie Walsh has proven himself has he not ?

Give him his due credit...He would trade Gallo in a heartbeat if it meant getting Melo.

Denver is not pulling the trigger and until they are ready there is ZERO reason to show all your cards to Denver BUT more important not to show your cards to the other teams you might be competing against to get Carmelo...

As stated I am a huge Gallo fan. I would add him to any deal that can land us Melo.

Have Faith in Donnie....BUT REMEMBER DOLAN GOT INVOLVED AND HIS FAT ASS ARROGANCE ALONG WITH HIS SNUG BUDDY COULD HAVE ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If getting rid of Gallo means we get Paul I'm all for it.

Gallo is my fav on the Knicks, but Paul is prolly my fav player in the league.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We might not HAVE to have three max players. It's not like we won't have a lot of cap if we don't get another max.

Anyway, too soon in my opinion to know if we need a third max player. Fun to talk about though.

KBlack25

Starter
I like the Rooster but we can always train Rautins to be the fun-loving three-shooting white boy that everybody grows to love and hate at the same time.

Examples:

Wally Sczerbiak
Tom Guggliotta
Bobby Sura
Mike Miller

So because he is white he is like all of those guys?

This is like one time I saw a blog post (not on this board) of someone saying Gallinari was going to ultimately be Darko...

As to the OP: Remember a long time ago when we gave up assets and tanked two years for the purpose of landing two max free agents one of whom was a 2-time reigning MVP? Remember when that totally did not work out and people got all pissed off b/c the president's plan did not go exactly as planned? Remember when we vowed not to trade away assets we had to speculate on free agents who gave no commitment to coming here?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

This is like one time I saw a blog post (not on this board) of someone saying Gallinari was going to ultimately be Darko...

As to the OP: Remember a long time ago when we gave up assets and tanked two years for the purpose of landing two max free agents one of whom was a 2-time reigning MVP? Remember when that totally did not work out and people got all pissed off b/c the president's plan did not go exactly as planned? Remember when we vowed not to trade away assets we had to speculate on free agents who gave no commitment to coming here?
I think people think we deserve these players more than other franchises because of our market. We shouldn't be satisfied with our team now, but we have to play it smart. Not every team has a superstar, let alone two which seems very possible for us.

KingofNy

Starter
With a few weeks if we do not get Melo I am sure the D'antonio/Gallo haters will blame it on our reluctance to give up Gallo...

Guys come on....Donnie Walsh has proven himself has he not ?

Give him his due credit...He would trade Gallo in a heartbeat if it meant getting Melo.

Denver is not pulling the trigger and until they are ready there is ZERO reason to show all your cards to Denver BUT more important not to show your cards to the other teams you might be competing against to get Carmelo...

As stated I am a huge Gallo fan. I would add him to any deal that can land us Melo.

Have Faith in Donnie....BUT REMEMBER DOLAN GOT INVOLVED AND HIS FAT ASS ARROGANCE ALONG WITH HIS SNUG BUDDY COULD HAVE ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE.

Our players are killing their value right now and I think it's so they don't get traded. Honestly. Chandler has SUCKED the last 15 games... Gallo had maybe 2 good games, 1 o.k. game and then rest he sucked. Fields is really the only one not tanking his value so he doesn't get traded.

Dolan getting involved in the trade was probably the worse thing that could have happened in the negotiations. I just hope that we send a rediculous offer to Denver just to get it done. We will never go ANYWHERE with our current players/coach....

Getting Carmelo will at least make other players want to come here and like the threads poster said, we need to drop a lot of these salaries anyways for a 3rd max contract. Once we get 3 stars, other star players will come here and play for peanuts. Fans and our FO needs to drop their affection for these role-players and move on. Have of our starters probably wouldn't start on other teams in the league and their stats are inflated. Stop acting like these guys are top-talent. I like Felton but he's streaky too and he can be replaced.

I see us having to give Denver the following players for the deal to work.

We'll have to probably send the following:

Gallo
Felton
AR
Eddy Curry's Contract
(I don't think they want chandler...Who would after he's been tanking his performances lately and crying about possibly getting traded to Denver.)

In return we'll probably get:

Melo
Billups

la2ny

Starter
Our players are killing their value right now and I think it's so they don't get traded. Honestly. Chandler has SUCKED the last 15 games... Gallo had maybe 2 good games, 1 o.k. game and then rest he sucked. Fields is really the only one not tanking his value so he doesn't get traded.

Dolan getting involved in the trade was probably the worse thing that could have happened in the negotiations. I just hope that we send a rediculous offer to Denver just to get it done. We will never go ANYWHERE with our current players/coach....

Getting Carmelo will at least make other players want to come here and like the threads poster said, we need to drop a lot of these salaries anyways for a 3rd max contract. Once we get 3 stars, other star players will come here and play for peanuts. Fans and our FO needs to drop their affection for these role-players and move on. Have of our starters probably wouldn't start on other teams in the league and their stats are inflated. Stop acting like these guys are top-talent. I like Felton but he's streaky too and he can be replaced.

I see us having to give Denver the following players for the deal to work.

We'll have to probably send the following:

Gallo
Felton
AR
Eddy Curry's Contract
(I don't think they want chandler...Who would after he's been tanking his performances lately and crying about possibly getting traded to Denver.)

In return we'll probably get:

Melo
Billups

I'd take Lawson or Birdman instead of Billups. Hell why hasn't anyone thought about getting Afflalo.Also didn't he state he doesn't want to leave Denver and he'd seek a buyout if traded?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Examples:

Wally Sczerbiak
Tom Guggliotta
Bobby Sura
Mike Miller

Ridiculous way to generalise players.

Shall we put Larry Bird, Steve Nash, Johnny Stockton and Tom Chambers in there as well? I never understood that mode of thinking.

moneyg

Starter
I'd take Lawson or Birdman instead of Billups. Hell why hasn't anyone thought about getting Afflalo.Also didn't he state he doesn't want to leave Denver and he'd seek a buyout if traded?

denver wont give up lawson.... and probably not affalo either......

if billups gets traded here he will play this season out... he knows we wont be picking up that team option...and Denver doenst plan on either.... so he can return to denver if he wants in the summer..

In this case...

our only problem would be... who is our PG to sart the 11/12 season????

denver wont give up lawson.... and probably not affalo either......

if billups gets traded here he will play this season out... he knows we wont be picking up that team option...and Denver doenst plan on either.... so he can return to denver if he wants in the summer..

In this case...

our only problem would be... who is our PG to sart the 11/12 season????
We should keep felton and trade him for cp3 in the 11/12 season

moneyg

Starter
We should keep felton and trade him for cp3 in the 11/12 season

how is felton valuable to any team.....

after next year when he can go whereever he wants...

if felton gets us melo... do it..

We would of been happy with gettin both Amare and Melo and building around them last July... were about 7 months behind the plan.. but its not to late..

give denver a good deal and lets get this over with.. then maybe we can start to incorporate defensive player around them...

Denver would rather roll the dice....than take a low ball deal.. lets be logical

KingofNy

Starter

I agree but part of them sending us Billips is ridding themselves of his contract. That's why they would want to include him in the deal. I would love Affalo and would easily take Lawson or Birdman but I doubt they would want to send them off when they could get rid of Billups.

la2ny

Starter
Denver gets: H.Thabeet, D.Gallinari, W.Chandler, E.Curry, 1st round pick from Memphis

Memphis gets: A.Harrington, K.Azubuike

Minnesota gets: A.Randolph, R.Mason

New York gets: C.Anthony, C.Anderson, O.Mayo, S.Telfair