Felton in the trade for Billups?

Denver is showing interest in Felton and wants to give us Billups for him.Should we do this deal?Also Billups is from Denver and he said he wants to retire in Denver so can this happen?

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I really don't want to give up Felton if we don't have to but some of is said many moons ago (and I wholeheartedly agreed with) anyone and everyone with the exception of STAT is trade-able for Melo so if this will seal the deal then as Jack Bauer says DO IT NOW!

Yeah i was thinking about that.But maybe we should just keep felton till next year so we can trade him for cp3.

I'd rather keep him and try to flip him for CP3 also, but Denver is trying to squeeze the life out of our team. They want something comparible to the Net deal that was never going to happen. Melo wasnt signing with them. I wouldnt be surprised if they never had a deal with the Nets at all, and they were just putting shit out there to try to up the value they'd get back....

tiger0330

Legend
I would do it Billups is old but he's better than Felton. Felton has really struggled lately so I would would trade Felton, Chandler, Curry, AR and Az for Billups and Melo.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I would do it Billups is old but he's better than Felton. Felton has really struggled lately so I would would trade Felton, Chandler, Curry, AR and Az for Billups and Melo.
Part of Felton's struggling lately could be largely because he doesn't have a back-up. We should try getting a back-up first.

Last edited:

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
if Felton is getting tired from running the SSOL then billups will be tired as hell. if we get billups it would be imperative to get him a back up

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I've always liked Billups. Like someone else said, if it helps us get Melo w out having to give up Fields and Gallo its a no brainer.

He's clutch, defends, a former finals MVP. He's got allota miles left IMO too.

tiger0330

Legend
I've always liked Billups. Like someone else said, if it helps us get Melo w out having to give up Fields and Gallo its a no brainer.

He's clutch, defends, a former finals MVP. He's got allota miles left IMO too.
that's why it's a pipe dream. Denver probably wants both Field and Gallo.

Wargames

Starter
Can we wait and see how he plays with two legitimate scorers before we trade him for an aging PG. Right now he still has to deal with a main scorer who does his best in the paint (where the defense normally collapse on him) and a team of at best 3rd options. I swear you guys are so thirsty for Melo you would co-sign anything.... It's like the whole fanbase has been struck by Isiah fever and need to trade all their assets for one Big piece with no idea of a bigger picture. We all know if Felton pans out and improves we won't have to chase a big three and can improve the team as a whole with that saved money.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Can we wait and see how he plays with two legitimate scorers before we trade him for an aging PG. Right now he still has to deal with a main scorer who does his best in the paint (where the defense normally collapse on him) and a team of at best 3rd options. I swear you guys are so thirsty for Melo you would co-sign anything.... It's like the whole fanbase has been struck by Isiah fever and need to trade all their assets for one Big piece with no idea of a bigger picture. We all know if Felton pans out and improves we won't have to chase a big three and can improve the team as a whole with that saved money.

its not that we WANT felton to be traded..it just looks like denver wants more than we were offering

Wargames

Starter
its not that we WANT felton to be traded..it just looks like denver wants more than we were offering

Well honestly Donnie shouldn't entertain this idea at all. But to be honest I think they threw that out there so when they return to "2 out of 3" it appears they are being reasonable. Once again I don't see the point in "2 out of 3" when we have leverage on them but adding Billups to the the deal is just being unrealistic.