Knicks V Hawks - Wed Feb ①⑥: Bitterness Ensues

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ap-de41333311984a4da3b9cbd5a86f2765.jpg

Garner the strength in your loins my fellow brothers in finger banging. It's another thread ala stimuli in which we cheer and jeer together under one banner.

dylb20710n55.jpg

Crazy8s Thread Soundtrack. Seriously, are you lads listening to these?

No video more fitting! Press play NOW or be stricken with terminal gayness.

WE ARE THE

NEW YORK KNICKS

09b85f2cd9.gif

N
Y
K

09b85f2cd9.gif

new_york_knicks_logo.gif

new_york_knicks_logo.gif

new_york_knicks_logo.gif

amare-allstar.jpg

mediaday2010_32.jpg

mediaday2010_31.jpg

mediaday2010_17.jpg

mediaday2010_1.jpg

mediaday2010_27.jpg

knickball_ani.gif

All jests aside, we're facing a conference foe on our turf.

1283843957_470x353_free-atlanta-hawks-logo-images.jpg

Atlanta. Had our number for years. This one's about redemption, solidification and unification.

AND IT'S BITTER!

game%252346.jpg

PREPARE FOR A BATTLE OF THE SKIES!

purple-sky6.jpg

Imperative Reading - Crazy8s Latest GT Addition To Be Added Per GT:

Probing The Enemy

bangert-1.jpg

Rebounding, as our chief source of inadequacy, is of greater concern than usual V Atlanta.

Per game - including 2nd unit players - the Hawks average 32.1 rebounds throughout positions 3-5, for a total of 40.1 rebounds each outing. That's an average. Circumstantial per opponent.

The Knicks, however, average 27 RPG through positions 3-5 and in a system revolving around volume scoring, that is (and will remain) a handicap.

FG% for and against: This again is relative to the 'system' and it's theoretical success. Atlanta have a FG% of .467 while allowing .451 defensively. The Knicks, unsurprisingly, have a lower conversion rate of .464 while allowing .466

Sadly, given the season's former encounters, beating ATL requires defensive effort.

nba_g_dantoni_580.jpg

dylb20710n55.jpg

Crazy8s Big Fat Fact

Knicks record when hitting on 12 or more 3s in a single game:

11-1

WHACK!

Only 12 games! Had a rectal prolapse on processing that info.

PLAYERPROFILES12a.jpg
STAT
- Some say that his sperm has teeth.

PLAYERPROFILES5a.jpg
Captain Ray​
- Some say that he has sex during thunder storms and pretends that he's taking part in the conception of the Antichrist.

PLAYERPROFILES2a.jpg
The Thrill - Some say that he needs to stop moping and get back in to form.

PLAYERPROFILES6a.jpg
The Neophyte​
- Some say that he sees dead people - in his basement!!

PLAYERPROFILES13a.jpg
The Beard Of Zeus - Some say he has one pube for every Chinaman.

PLAYERPROFILES4a.jpg
TD23​
- Some say that he offers candy to children.

PLAYERPROFILES15a.jpg
The Regenerate One - Some say that he defeated The Legion Of Doom armed with nothing but a hairbrush.

PLAYERPROFILES14a.jpg
Sky Walker​
- Some say he has 5 testes that bang together like a desk toy when he dances.

PLAYERPROFILES7a.jpg
I say that he's underachieving due to a lack of desire.
PLAYERPROFILES9a.jpg
KGB25 - Some say that he ate a baby, and I believe them.​

taking-a-bow.jpg

Preview to come

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yahoo! Preview

Amare Stoudemire(notes) is eager to try to return for the New York Knicks? final game before the All-Star break. It could be a physical affair.

The Knicks have suffered two nine-point losses to the Atlanta Hawks and the last meeting featured a fight heading into Wednesday night?s game at Madison Square Garden.

Stoudemire missed his first game of the season Saturday in New York?s 105-95 win at New Jersey due to a sprained right big toe. The Knicks (27-26) have been off since that game, and the All-Star forward believes he?ll be back against the Hawks (34-20).

?I should be ready to go by Wednesday,? Stoudemire said.

He will probably need to be at his best since Atlanta won 99-90 at New York on Nov. 27 and 111-102 at home Jan. 28.

?We got a game Wednesday against Atlanta, it?s going to be a tough game,? Stoudemire said. ?That?s the last game before the break so we can go into the break on a good note if we get that win and get great rest for the second half of the year.?

Last month?s meeting took place in what forward Josh Smith(notes) called a ?playoff atmosphere.? The intensity was evident due to an incident involving Atlanta?s Marvin Williams(notes) and New York?s Shawne Williams(notes).

With 43.7 seconds remaining, Marvin Williams pushed Shawne Williams in the back, starting a brief altercation that led to each player being ejected and charged with fighting fouls. Marvin Williams was suspended for two games and Shawne Williams one game for throwing punches.

Smith was also fined $25,000 for making an obscene gesture during the game.

Stoudemire has averaged 25.5 points in the losses to Atlanta, but shot 44.4 percent. The Hawks placed five players in double figures both times, with Al Horford(notes) averaging 18.0 points and 11.5 rebounds while helping slow down Stoudemire.

New York shot 27.0 (where we ****ing live and die with what is a very talented offensive team. Why?) percent on 3-pointers in those games. Atlanta is one of the league?s best in defending the 3 at 32.9 percent.

The Knicks were much better from long range Saturday, making 16 of 34.

?I thought the ball movement was a little bit better,? coach Mike D?Antoni said. ?We could penetrate and got into the lane a little bit and kicked it out. When we do that, we usually find good shots.?

The Hawks opened a stretch of seven straight road games with Monday?s 94-79 victory at Detroit. They improved to 17-11 on the road for the second-best mark in the East after losing two straight at home.

?We haven?t handled our business at home,? coach Larry Drew said. ?It may be a good time to go out on the road.?

Smith had 27 points and 14 rebounds for the Hawks, winners of eight of 10 on the road.

?Teams are going to have tough times,? Smith said. ?It?s how you work yourself out of it. We didn?t stop believing and we just played that much harder tonight.?

Smith is averaging 25.0 points on 58.2 percent shooting and 10.3 rebounds in his last four games. Leading scorer Joe Johnson(notes), meanwhile, is averaging 10.3 points on 37.1 percent shooting in his last three.

Should be a great game.

I still believe we are venly matched with ATL. almost every matchup tonight is going to be intresting. Bibby and Felton is the one im looking at.

Clyde Frazier to start at Point guard tonight, going off for 15 assists and 10 steals limiting Bibby to 5 points, 4 assists and 7 turnovers :afro:

p0nder

Starter
I expect this will be one of the toughest games of the year. The knicks want this win going into the ASG. They are pumped up for this one. I think any match with ATL is going to have that playoff atmosphere now. we match up well with them and i think if a couple of the bench/2ndary guys (fields, mozgov, williams) can contribute then we can win.

Toons

is the Bo$$
this game totally depends on if wilson chandler has woken up from his slump. With wilson playing bad, its almost impossible for us to win. We need his defense against josh smith. We also need fields to have atleast 8 rebounds. Amare has to have a double double against horford. Crawford will want to go off on us tonight for sure, so when joe johnson goes to the bench, we need to keep crawford contained. Bibby is having a rough week, i think felton can contain him, just no open 3's.

knicksin60

Starter
This is one of those games in which I feel the Knicks will make a lot of their shots.Someone is going to come off the bench and score close to 30 points.The Hawks are one of the better teams in the NBA but they aren't the '72 Lakers.The Knicks need this win in order to enter the all star break on a high note.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
this game totally depends on if wilson chandler has woken up from his slump. With wilson playing bad, its almost impossible for us to win. We need his defense against josh smith. We also need fields to have atleast 8 rebounds. Amare has to have a double double against horford. Crawford will want to go off on us tonight for sure, so when joe johnson goes to the bench, we need to keep crawford contained. Bibby is having a rough week, i think felton can contain him, just no open 3's.

Well put toons. I agree with all that. Amare will go off tonight. I hope my man Galo dont stink it up from 3.

elcol

Rotation player
feltons gonna take jumpers people expect him to take no jumpers every game cool off...

great interior defence so far :)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I was really impressed with how well the bench played in the 2nd quarter. Our bench managed to hold the fort really well against a very talented Hawks team, and they're actually playing defense tonight for the first time in what seems like ages.