Whats wrong with this lineup?

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I know im going to take heat for this since we have a lot of Galo, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov lovers on this site. Which i cant blame you because they play for our team, i got love for them too. But you got to understand before the deadline a lot and if not all of these guys will be gone.

Lets face it Denver wants the house for Melo. Why not give them the WHOLE house and try to get Billups and Nene back with it. In the trade we will finally get the aggressive big man we need in Nene and a backup point guard and 2 guard in Billups. Billups is getting old and can still drill his 3s thats why i figure he can thrive in our system as a 2 guard, and is a solid backup to Felton.

Why not trade Curry, Randolph, and Azzy to Minnesota for Brewer, and a 1st round pick.

Then trade to Denver Fields, Galo, Chandler, Mozgov, 1st round pick, Brewer, Mason, Rautins

In return Denver will give us Melo, Nene, and Billups

Then pick up Barron and PEJ. Barron is an aggresive big and can flat out play ball as we all seen in his game against the Celtics when he scored 17 points and grabbed 18 rebounds, and PEJ has good size and is a solid defender.

Our lineup will look like this

1. Felton
2. Billups
3. Melo
4. Stat
5. Nene

and off the bench
(Turiaf, Douglas, Walker, Barron,Williams, PEJ)

Just thinking out the box. I love our team now dont get me wrong. But with just a .500 record and Amare putting in way to much work with a worn down Felton i think its safe to say this team needs a change and we got to be expecting something before the dealine. Or is this to much? I mean we keep Felton and Stat and get Melo + more in return, wasnt that the plan? Everyone but Felton and Stat goes if needed.

Last edited:
That lineup would get murdered on defense.

Billups at SG? This is not FIBA basketball. Billups is too short to defend NBA shooting guards. Also on offense there is no point in playing two point guards imo.

Nene would be an excellent addition though.

In all honesty I would play Melo at SG if we are ever going to get him! Create a mismatch and destroy Chicago at the SG position in the playoffs.

I don't want Billups involved in a trade though. Would be great if we could get Melo + Nene.

Denver get: Fields, Gallo, Mozgov, E. Curry, Walker, Min 1st round pick (for A. Randolph), our 2011 1st round pick and 2 second round picks.

The ideal lineup against Chicago would be:

PG Felton
SG Anthony
SF W. Chandler
PF Stoudemire
C Nen?

I don't mind gutting the team either at this point, but the player's I would look to get rid of are a little different than yours. I'd go with......

Curry($$$), Azabuke($$$), Turiaf ($ and holds no value in Mike's system), Felton (he is/was always a stop gap for D.Williams or CP3 anyway) AR ( for a 1st ) and then whatever else besides Amare to get back Mello, Nene and Billups.

The way I see it (hope :))

Nene/Moz/Barron
Amare/E.Barron
Mello/Williams/Walker
Fields/TD/Walker
Billups/TD/Rautins

.... and of course have Nene+Billups coming off the books for our shot at D.Williams,CP3 or D.Howard

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
I know im going to take heat for this since we have a lot of Galo, Chandler, Fields, Mozgov lovers on this site. Which i cant blame you because they play for our team, i got love for them too. But you got to understand before the deadline a lot and if not all of these guys will be gone.

Lets face it Denver wants the house for Melo. Why not give them the WHOLE house and try to get Billups and Nene back with it. In the trade we will finally get the aggressive big man we need in Nene and a backup point guard and 2 guard in Billups. Billups is getting old and can still drill his 3s thats why i figure he can thrive in our system as a 2 guard, and is a solid backup to Felton.

Why not trade Curry, Randolph, and Azzy to Minnesota for Brewer, and a 1st round pick.

Then trade to Denver Fields, Galo, Chandler, Mozgov, 1st round pick, Brewer, Mason, Rautins

In return Denver will give us Melo, Nene, and Billups

Then pick up Barron and PEJ. Barron is an aggresive big and can flat out play ball as we all seen in his game against the Celtics when he scored 17 points and grabbed 18 rebounds, and PEJ has good size and is a solid defender.

Our lineup will look like this

1. Felton
2. Billups
3. Williams
4. Stat
5. Nene

and off the bench
(Turiaf, Douglas, Walker, Barron, PEJ)

Just thinking out the box. I love our team now dont get me wrong. But with just a .500 record and Amare putting in way to much work with a worn down Felton i think its safe to say this team needs a change and we got to be expecting something before the dealine. Or is this to much? I mean we keep Felton and Stat and get Melo + more in return, wasnt that the plan? Everyone but Felton and Stat goes if needed.

Your not starting MELO!??:teeth::teeth:

KingCharles34

All Star
Good thread Ima break this down

Felton - N/A
Fields - Impressive rookie but inconsistent
Gallo - inconsistent
Amare - N/A
Turiaf - Injured too much, a good backup
Mozgov -Inexperienced, needs more time

Chandler - playing through injuries, inconsistent, effected by trade rumors?

We go too many roll the dice type players, you dont always know what your gonna get from them. The trade rumors might be a problem with several of the players. I dont think its a good excuse but at the same time some of these players have kids that would also have to pack up, move, and go to another school. No one wants to leave once your comfortable in a place and with your teammates but even considering all this i think that when theres trade rumors basketball players should do there best to ignore them and play like everygames their last

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Good thread Ima break this down

Felton - N/A
Fields - Impressive rookie but inconsistent
Gallo - inconsistent
Amare - N/A
Turiaf - Injured too much, a good backup
Mozgov -Inexperienced, needs more time

Chandler - playing through injuries, inconsistent, effected by trade rumors?

We go too many roll the dice type players, you dont always know what your gonna get from them. The trade rumors might be a problem with several of the players. I dont think its a good excuse but at the same time some of these players have kids that would also have to pack up, move, and go to another school. No one wants to leave once your comfortable in a place and with your teammates but even considering all this i think that when theres trade rumors basketball players should do there best to ignore them and play like everygames their last

agreed we got to many role the dice players. good one night, bad the other. i just want melo here, thats it.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm guessing that was sarcasm knicksin60 was spewing there kblack..

he's one of the more bitter knick fans we have on the forum :)

knicksin60

Starter
75 games "easily"? That lineup would "easily" beat the record for best record ever recorded? Are you on drugs?

Sure, why not?

1. Felton > Harper
2. Billups < Jordan
3. Melo = Pippen
4. Stat = Rodman (You can't really compare a defensive player to an offensive one.)
5. Nene > Longley

Turiaf > Wennington
Barron > Simpkins
Williams < Kukoc
Douglas > Kerr
Walker > Buechler
PEJ < Caffey

Now if Dolan could replace D'antoni with Larry Brown or convince Phil Jackson to coach the Knicks, they would be a historical team.

knicksin60

Starter
...he's one of the more bitter knick fans we have on the forum :)

Take a look at this...

<table class="c0s5" width="670" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="c6s5" align="center"><td colspan="5">Regular Season </td> <td colspan="4">Playoffs</td> </tr> <tr class="c6s5" align="center"> <td>Season</td> <td>City</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>%</td> <td colspan="2">Division Position</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>%</td> <td>Performance</td> </tr><tr align="center"> <td>2009-10</td> <td>New York</td> <td>29</td> <td>53</td> <td>.354</td> <td>3rd</td> <td>Atlantic Division</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2008-09</td> <td>New York</td> <td>32</td> <td>50</td> <td>.390</td> <td>5th</td> <td>Atlantic Division</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2007-08</td> <td>New York</td> <td height="17">23</td> <td>59</td> <td>.280</td> <td>5th</td> <td>Atlantic Division</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2006-07</td> <td>New York</td> <td>33</td> <td>49</td> <td>.402</td> <td>4th</td> <td>Atlantic Division</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2005-06</td> <td>New York</td> <td>23</td> <td>59</td> <td>.280</td> <td>5th</td> <td>Atlantic Division</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2004-05 </td> <td>New York </td> <td>33 </td> <td>49 </td> <td>.402 </td> <td>4th </td> <td>Atlantic Division </td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2003-04 </td> <td>New York </td> <td>39 </td> <td>43 </td> <td>.476 </td> <td>3rd </td> <td>Atlantic Division </td> <td>0 </td> <td>4 </td> <td>.000 </td> <td>Lost East Conf 1st Rd </td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2002-03 </td> <td>New York </td> <td>37 </td> <td>45 </td> <td>.451 </td> <td>5th </td> <td>Atlantic Division </td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>2001-02 </td> <td>New York </td> <td>30 </td> <td>52 </td> <td>.366 </td> <td>7th </td> <td>Atlantic Division </td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>-</td> <td>DNQ</td></tr></tbody></table>
That just doesn't disappear from my memory even with a sub five hundred record.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ lol, it is sad that the one time in a decade we even sniff 40 and .500, we get bent over and caned four straight games.

All those teams were abortions though, and Dolan was the chief medical director.

The only way darkness descends again, is if D'ant/Walsh start getting canned/retired, and the organizational mel?e allows Dolan to stamp his stink all over MSG again.

knicksin60

Starter
^ lol, it is sad that the one time in a decade we even sniff 40 and .500, we get bent over and caned four straight games.

All those teams were abortions though, and Dolan was the chief medical director.

The only way darkness descends again, is if D'ant/Walsh start getting canned/retired, and the organizational mel?e allows Dolan to stamp his stink all over MSG again.

Even with the hope of Lebron James coming to the Knicks, the first 2 seasons of the Walsh/Dantoni era were a lot like 2001-08.

Sure, why not?

1. Felton > Harper
2. Billups < Jordan
3. Melo = Pippen
4. Stat = Rodman (You can't really compare a defensive player to an offensive one.)
5. Nene > Longley

Turiaf > Wennington
Barron > Simpkins
Williams < Kukoc
Douglas > Kerr
Walker > Buechler
PEJ < Caffey

Now if Dolan could replace D'antoni with Larry Brown or convince Phil Jackson to coach the Knicks, they would be a historical team.

Larry Brown as a Coach for us with this Lineup? would not work! Brown micro manages his PG's toooooo much and Jackson would center his offense around 1 player! Both of these guys just stick any shitty PG in there offense to run the O and don't even dare say AI, he was a SG in a PG's body!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Sure, why not?

1. Felton > Harper
2. Billups < Jordan
3. Melo = Pippen
5. Nene > Longley

Turiaf > Wennington
Barron > Simpkins
Williams < Kukoc
Douglas > Kerr
Walker > Buechler
PEJ < Caffey

........ I can't.. Damn dog..

Wow.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If we were to give Denver:

Felton
Chandler
Fields
Curry
1st

For:

Billups
Melo

I'd go w a starting L of:

Billups
Gallo
Melo
Amare
Mozgov

God I hope we can somehow keep Danillo. I think he can play the two. Most times he drives by smaller guys and hes proven he can guard them so to me there's no reason he can't play there. Plus it would make us longer on the defensive end. Billups'd bring his experience and leadership. STAT and Melo would do there thing, open up threes for Gallo and Billups. I'd like to see a p & r between Amare and Billups.

We could do some serious damage w the above lineup.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
If we were to give Denver:

Felton
Chandler
Fields
Curry
1st

For:

Billups
Melo

I'd go w a starting L of:

Billups
Gallo
Melo
Amare
Mozgov

God I hope we can somehow keep Danillo. I think he can play the two. Most times he drives by smaller guys and hes proven he can guard them so to there's no reason he can't play there. Plus it would make us longer on the defensive end. Billups'd bring his experience and leadership. STAT and Melo would do there thing, open up threes for Gallo and Billups. I'd like to see a p & r between Amare and Billups.

We could do some serious damage w the above lineup.

I'm with you bro. I wouldn't hate Gallo getting his minutes rotating in the 2 and 3, either.

Longish terms, an extension of your lineup,

Douglas
Gallo
Melo
Amare
Moz

After we buyout Chauncey. Gallo becomes more of a point and distributor of the offense, taking pressure off Douglas' main weakness. That would be some stingy backcourt defense, matchup probs galore, a powerhouse 3-4, and legit size and athleticism from our 5.

We make do with this no prob, and can slot in a stud 1 (or 2) with ease. Of which, many are on the horizon.

We will also have the immediate cap to make a serious play for adding Glen Davis and/or Andre Kirilienko, my two most preferred signings this offseason for us.

Douglas-DraftPick
Gallo-Walker
Melo-Williams
Amare-Turiaf
Moz-Davis
6th Fields

Edit -- I would love for us to try to trade for OKC James Harden. Turiaf and Walker and a 1st?