Nets are back in... Again.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Nets resume talks for Anthony

Less than a month after the New Jersey Nets pulled out of trade talks, the Denver Nuggets have re-engaged the Nets in discussions on a blockbuster deal for Carmelo Anthony(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
One source described talks as ?progressing? and said they have been ongoing between Denver and New Jersey officials over a week. While the precise package being discussed was unclear, sources said talks have centered on a scaled-down package that still includes rookie forward Derrick Favors(notes) and draft picks

What also is unknown is whether Anthony has agreed to accept a three-year, $65 million extension with New Jersey if the Nuggets and Nets work out an agreement.
The New York Knicks have been firmly engaged in talks with Denver, but haven?t come close to an agreement on a package of players and picks for Anthony. Anthony has expressed his preference to play for New York, but also is determined to get a deal done before the Feb. 24 trade deadline to ensure the contract extension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynets021611

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Prokhorov knew what he was doing. Keep his team focused until Denver came back begging.

I think what this really boils down to is if 'Melo is really willing to sign the extension with the Nets, which is a chance that I am NOT willing to take.

We need to make this deal NOW, we can't get snubbed out on getting another superstar like we did back in the 'Summer of LeBron.'

GET. MELO. NOW.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Call me crazy, I still just can't see Melo signing an extension with the Nets when he can come play in New York with Amare

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Scratch that- Broussard just reported on his Twitter that the Nets reached out first to the Nuggets early this week and talks are progressing. No meeting with Melo and Nets- Yet.

I am officially worried.

He is not signing there. This however ensures that Gallo and Fields will be gone. They don't want Chandler, so unless he goes to another team, we'll keep him. Knicks will get him. Especially since Chauncey will be involved.

tiger0330

Legend
The 25th can't come soon enough. It'll probably be some dark horse team like Dallas that lands him and blows everyone's mind.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
The Nuggets reportedly reached out to the Nets and re-opened the Carmelo Anthony trade talks recently.
No word on whether or not Melo has agreed to a possible extension with the Nets, but talks are said to be progressing, and center around Melo, Derrick Favors and draft picks. Expect many more Melo trade rumors to come down the pipe over the next week until this madness is finally behind us. He could also end up staying in Denver, going to New York, or even end up with another team that hasn't even been mentioned yet. Feb 16, 6:50:00 PM
Source:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Sources say Denver and NJ began Melo trade talks again about a week ago. Source says NJ 1st to reach out. No meeting btwn Melo & NJ set yet

So let them Trade Favors and 3 1st rounders to get him! Keep our players in NYC! If Melo really wants to be a Knick he'll wait till summer, accept a trade to Dallas for a brief period and Sign with us! Either way the Nuggets will get nothing but peanuts for Melo.

Melo is only in it for the money, chance to play close/ at home, and a chance to win a ring. He wants his Cake and eat it to! So just make your mind up Melo and choose! We wont hate you there's a possible chance CP3, D-will and D-12 will be available if there's no Franchise player tags.

quiggle

Starter
don't you silly Knicks fans realize they are taking a page right out of LeBron, the Nets were never "out of it" they simply stepped away for a bit to cause some drama so the Knicks could enter the sweepstakes, and as they just rejected Nuggets most recent and outrageous demands, funny how the Nets come back in it so to put pressure on Walsh to hurry up and meet the demands send Felton Gallinari Curry and those other scrubs to Denver. dont you see this again repeating itself from last july so the interested parties can milk New York for leverage and attention and in the end the Knicks are going to get burned again? this time you might get something in Carmelo but you'll lose a lot.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Melo WILL NOT agree on the terms with the nets, i repeat CARMELO ANTHONY WILL NOT agree on the terms with nets and accept the contract. This is just to boil things up and put pressure on the Knicks. Its actually a smart move by the nuggets to start talks again with the nets. It will put more pressure on our FO and they might get a little more from us or something done more sooner. Carmelo Anthony is going to be a Knick everyone. The question is when? I hope soon.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
pretty smart tactic by the nuggets to put pressure on the Knicks. Nets can offer all they want. Good luck getting Melo to come play for your terrible team.