The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Jesus Christ!!!

Seriously guys. Denver and NJ are making us look like complete desperate fools. And we were supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power!! SMH.

Why don't they just ask for our dignity and self-respect while their at it? Oh right. They already have and it's already gone.

Sad. I wore my Knicks gear with pride just a few weeks ago. Back to the closet and in the shadow of shame. SMH.

LOL...:teeth:

KingofNy

Starter
He is not a FA in 28 days, stop saying that. He has the option to opt out if he chooses to gamble on the CBA. That is a big if and one apparently he is unwilling to take.

Again. Chandler is a wash as he is already looking for a 5 year 60mil deal. We cant afford it and I don't think he deserves 11mil a year. Melo is an upgrade to Gallo by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin. Felton for Billups sucks long term but in the short term is practically a wash. If anything, Billiups championship experience and leadership will help this young group to excel. AR is not a rotation player so meh. This leaves Moz, I am a fan but are we really going to kill a deal over Timofey Mozgov!? Lets remeber that we get some decent role players in return including Balkman who can play defense.

Billiups will be a good PG for us in the short term and can be traded next year if he is not bought out. He makes 11mil next year and is an expiring so we have flexibility moving forward.

You are spot on!!! I don't see why people can't understand your points. Some fans here are so worried about this season that they would forgo our future just to possibly make it out of the first round this season. Give me a break.

As you said Chandler is gone after the season because we can't afford him. Felton for Billups is basically a wash...So it's basically Gallo, Mos and a first for Melo. Any organization would be STUPID not to take this deal.

We're still rebuilding, don't forget that just because we won a few more games this season. This is Walsh's plan going according to schedule whether the media outlets believe it or not. If you think Denver would of gave up Anthony for two peas and a can of beans you're crazy. They would be better off keeping him and hoping that there's a franchise tag in the new CBA if the deal isn't sweet enough... IMO NJ helped us up our offer to get him. Otherwise there would of been a good chance Denver would of just took a chance at keeping him or trying to trade him to another team directly at the end of the season before he can opt out.

skisloper

Starter
He is not a FA in 28 days, stop saying that. He has the option to opt out if he chooses to gamble on the CBA. That is a big if and one apparently he is unwilling to take.

Again. Chandler is a wash as he is already looking for a 5 year 60mil deal. We cant afford it and I don't think he deserves 11mil a year. Melo is an upgrade to Gallo by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin. Felton for Billups sucks long term but in the short term is practically a wash. If anything, Billiups championship experience and leadership will help this young group to excel. AR is not a rotation player so meh. This leaves Moz, I am a fan but are we really going to kill a deal over Timofey Mozgov!? Lets remeber that we get some decent role players in return including Balkman who can play defense.

Billiups will be a good PG for us in the short term and can be traded next year if he is not bought out. He makes 11mil next year and is an expiring so we have flexibility moving forward.

You could Trade Mozgov to Orlando who needs a bigman for a first rounder or you could now trade him to the nets for a first rounder...

Nobody is saying Mozgov will be a star but he is an asset they we are just junk piling on to whatever Denver asks us....

I SMELL ISIAH

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Jesus Christ!!!

Seriously guys. Denver and NJ are making us look like complete desperate fools. And we were supposed to be the team with all the leverage and power!! SMH.

Why don't they just ask for our dignity and self-respect while their at it? Oh right. They already have and it's already gone.

Sad. I wore my Knicks gear with pride just a few weeks ago. Back to the closet and in the shadow of shame. SMH.

And while we're in the playoffs, and those former Knicks - now Nets are sitting at home watching the playoffs with their new team that's apparently overflowing with dignity and self-respect, you ask yourself...."am I really a Knicks fan or am I a pessimist?"

You're gonna put your jersey away cause NJ might spend a couple of first round picks on Mozgov and Gallo? Ok...well...we can just go grab Baron and give Jerome Jordan a call and see what's up with him in the offseason. All the while preserving our flexibility for 2012...oh and we'd have Carmelo Kiyan Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire on the same team....kinda forgot that detail....

STAT1

Starter
I think the Nets will try to flip Harris for Felton. They've been down on Harris for a couple years now. Then they go out and hire a coach that he doesnt get along with...

Avery Johnson probably covets Ray Felton to lead his offense. He's a leader with a bulldog mentality just like the Little General was in his playing days. The Russian is also probably infatuated with bringing his countryman home to play for his team & market him back in the motherland as a figurehead for his franchise.

Plus maybe they have a plan to trade Brooke Lopez someplace else, he doesn't seem to be playing well under Avery Johnson & he's been the target of a lot of Avery's wrath of late in games. He's not putting forth the effort to rebound like he was last year either, it's not even close. Just throwing some guesses out there.

STAT1

Starter
I agree this is most likely the Nets position. But, maturity and a business sense should take precedence over one upmanship with these teams. They're all going to have to deal with one another for years to come. These guys (Denver in particular) are burning bridges unnecessarily. I know if I'm either the Knicks or the Nets if Denver called me asking for anything after this I'm hanging up the phone....

Yeah, after this deal I think any team would have to be very wary of ever trying to deal with the amateur hour FO the Nuggets have. Nene & JR Smith deals with other teams are likely to follow, get ready for some more ridiculous negotiations to continue for the next few days.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Nobody wants to do deals with Denver anymore, I'd think.

The entire league is pissed at them cause tons of trades are probably in the making but because of Denver dragging its ass out on this stuff nothing's happened

I think the entire league being pissed thing is a little overblown. I don't see why it should effect other teams from doing transactions. The only thing it should effect is anyone wanting to do transactions with the Nets, Knicks, or Denver and maybe the T-Wolves or any other 3rd team that might be involved.

OK Fellas. Follow the bouncing ball. My first trade on ESPN trade machine.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4fsqnhj

Knicks get:

Melo
Billups
Balkman
Williams
1st rounder from Minny

Knicks give:

Gallo
Chandler
Moz
Curry
Randolph

Nets get:

Gallo
Moz
Felton
Curry

Nets give:

Harris
Murphy
2 first round picks

Denver gets:

Harris
Chandler
Brewer
2 first round picks

Denver gives:

Melo
Billups
Balkman
Williams

Minny gets:

Randolph
Murphy
Mason

Minny gives:

Brewer
First round pick

The Knicks getting a pick from Minny and being able to keep all their picks makes this a win for me. It kicks starts us getting young role players via the draft. Heck we could get lucky and draft a stud...

Thoughts???

STAT1

Starter
I don't see NJ doing us any favors & helping us get Melo in a deal. They won't be directly involved in any blockbuster.

This whole thing needs to end tomorrow. It's like a bad soap opera at this point.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
OK Fellas. Follow the bouncing ball. My first trade on ESPN trade machine.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4fsqnhj

Knicks get:

Melo
Billups
Balkman
Williams
1st rounder from Minny

Knicks give:

Gallo
Chandler
Moz
Curry
Randolph

Nets get:

Gallo
Moz
Felton
Curry

Nets give:

Harris
Murphy
2 first round picks

Denver gets:

Harris
Chandler
Brewer
2 first round picks

Denver gives:

Melo
Billups
Balkman
Williams

Minny gets:

Randolph
Murphy
Mason

Minny gives:

Brewer
First round pick

The Knicks getting a pick from Minny and being able to keep all their picks makes this a win for me. It kicks starts us getting young role players via the draft. Heck we could get lucky and draft a stud...

Thoughts???

There is no freaking way I'm trading Gallo and our guys to NJ. Absolutely no way. Denver I can take, even Minny, but not freaking NJ. We're giving up too much in this trade anyways.

Avery Johnson probably covets Ray Felton to lead his offense. He's a leader with a bulldog mentality just like the Little General was in his playing days. The Russian is also probably infatuated with bringing his countryman home to play for his team & market him back in the motherland as a figurehead for his franchise.

Plus maybe they have a plan to trade Brooke Lopez someplace else, he doesn't seem to be playing well under Avery Johnson & he's been the target of a lot of Avery's wrath of late in games. He's not putting forth the effort to rebound like he was last year either, it's not even close. Just throwing some guesses out there.

I really dont know why Harris and Avery cant get along. Harris plays hard everytime I watch him. He's a good PG also. I dont think they'll move Lopez. If the idiots had drafted Cousins instead of Favors maybe. Trading him now would leave a gaping hole at the C position....

There is no freaking way I'm trading Gallo and our guys to NJ. Absolutely no way. Denver I can take, even Minny, but not freaking NJ. We're giving up too much in this trade anyways.

They're gone anyway, why not NJ? Getting the best player in the deal and keeping all our picks is a win win for me...

skisloper

Starter
There is NO WAY Walsh included Mozgov.

Hopefully we buy somone's first rounder for 3 million.

we use Randolph for a back up point guard like Telfair to reduce Billups minuyes..

Billups
Fields
Melo
stat
Mozgov

Turiaf
Williams
Telfair
Douglas

STAT1

Starter
I really dont know why Harris and Avery cant get along. Harris plays hard everytime I watch him. He's a good PG also. I dont think they'll move Lopez. If the idiots had drafted Cousins instead of Favors maybe. Trading him now would leave a gaping hole at the C position....

It could be they have a deal they're trying to work out to trade Lopez if they get Mozgov in this deal? I don't know just throwing around ideas. Or they could be looking at Mozgov as an insurance policy to groom for the future in case Avery Johnson decides Lopez has mentally checked out on him. Of course they're probably just doing this to stick it to the Knicks, not that it really matters because we're getting Melo so really the last laugh is ours.

skisloper

Starter
It could be they have a deal they're trying to work out to trade Lopez if they get Mozgov in this deal? I don't know just throwing around ideas. Or they could be looking at Mozgov as an insurance policy to groom for the future in case Avery Johnson decides Lopez has mentally checked out on him. Of course they're probably just doing this to stick it to the Knicks, not that it really matters because we're getting Melo so really the last laugh is ours.

Or by saying they will offer Devener a first rounder for Mozgov excites Denver to then put pressure on the Knicks to include him in the deal. Nuggets could say its a deal breaker...Knicks can say **** YOU and Nets get carmelo

Or by saying they will offer Devener a first rounder for Mozgov excites Denver to then put pressure on the Knicks to include him in the deal. Nuggets could say its a deal breaker...Knicks can say **** YOU and Nets get carmelo

Yea. This is killing me. I guess all is fair in love and war.

moneyg

Starter

i really dont care who the nets gets from us... clearly... if i was going into the playoffs this and maybe next year....

amare, melo and billups are still the three best players of those that are getting traded