The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
He's supposedly in the meeting right now wit Jay-z and Prok

lol is he? I can see prok's sale pitch already... You come to New York and I make you veriiiiiii reeeeech man...

Melo's answer: Yeah you are right, i'm going to NY to join the Knicks.

KingofNy

Starter
Any team that decides to rent Melo for half a season is inane. I'd be embarrassed to be fan of such an org. Hence, I feel its yet another smoke screen from Denver's FO. Facking hacks r pulling out all of the stops here boys..

Been trying to detach from this whole thing. I think I did a decent job today lol.

As long as we can keep either Gallo or Fields i'll tolerate this BS trade. :2cents:

I hear ya man about all the frustrations here. I'm not happy with the way Denver and the Knicks are handling this but I'm more pissed at the Nets now then I am at anything.

The Nets know Melo doesn't want to be there so they are keeping up with this shit so we have to give up more assets to get him. They are scared of us becoming elite and NY and NJ fans and the rest of the NBA forgetting about the Nets. Screw them. Well, at least St. Johns played well again today. We still have one good basketball team in NY representing. St. Johns are a good example of how a good coach can change everything about an organization.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Sadly I can see this drag out all the way to the last minutes of the deadline. Denver really wants the NJ package so they probably will test Melo's patience and see if he caves to NJ.

la2ny

Starter
lol it's like waiting on something you wanted for the clock to strike 12 on Xmas Eve to open your presents. You have been told not to look at the clock an do other things to make the time go faster but you cant stop looking and everytime you do look you feel time is going extra slow.

lol it's like waiting on something you wanted for the clock to strike 12 on Xmas Eve to open your presents. You have been told not to look at the clock an do other things to make the time go faster but you cant stop looking and everytime you do look you feel time is going extra slow.

The Net fans are gonna be like the disappointed kid who's opening up Andre Kiralinko...

The Nuggets fans are gonna be like the kid who's house got robbed.

KingofNy

Starter
Sadly I can see this drag out all the way to the last minutes of the deadline. Denver really wants the NJ package so they probably will test Melo's patience and see if he caves to NJ.

If we are Melo's choice why doesn't he just say no to NJ, so Denver can stop using NJ as leverage? Why isn't he helping NY if this is where he really wants to play? I just don't get it, It doesn't make sense.

For someone that doesn't want to deal with the drama it sure seems like he's egging it on. I'm getting tired of his crap. I don't think he even knows what he really wants. He better make up his mind soon or he's gonna lose out on a ton of money. I honestly think he's worried about the stability of our FO. He knows D'Antoni and Walsh weren't happy with Dolan disregarding their request to not trade half of our team for him. I still don't see him going to NJ... He would be miserable.

STAT1

Starter
U know man... It's impossible not to look.

Here's another pro's and cons article that was just posted in case anyone's bored:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18831

I think these points are important to consider:

Billups is a consummate winner. He has won everywhere he's been since developing into an elite point guard in Detroit a decade ago. And let's not think he is no longer effective. While not a quick as he once was, Billups' basketball IQ has only increased, and he continually finds a way to be effective. Over his last 30 games as a Nugget, Billups is averaging 18 points per game, 5.3 assists, 2.4 threes, while shooting an astonishing 49.5% from floor, 50% from three-point range, and 96% from the charity stripe. Bottom line: Billups can still ball. And we haven't even touched on the intangibles. Billups is without a doubt one of the most respected players in the entire league. Billups would immediately join Amar'e as a locker room leader and the Knicks would be better off because of it.

... the chances of Felton matching his first-half production over the final two months of the season are slim. Playing is the 'seven seconds or less' up-tempo offense is draining, and Raymond has been playing a ton of minutes. Wearing down has to be a legitimate concern. Here are Felton's PPG and FG% by month this season: 18.6 ppg & 36.7% in November // 17.8 and 33.3% in December // 15.5 & 29% in January. He has picked up his play in February, but the cause for concern still exits.

KingofNy

Starter
The Net fans are gonna be like the disappointed kid who's opening up Andre Kiralinko...

The Nuggets fans are gonna be like the kid who's house got robbed.

I don't really know any Nets fans...Does anyone know any Nets fans that really think they're going to get him? Why would NJ want him when he said multiple times that NJ is not for him? NJ looks so desperate. I hope Melo sees that...

There's a reason why they're desperate. They don't even have a real fan base. The only time they're fans show up to their games is when they have stars. That's why they're selling their whole team for one star.

And..IMO although Melo acts the like he doesn't like the attention and drama, he sure does and says a lot of stuff to contradict that. Hopefully he's not using NY/NJ as a cover to make a Lebron like "Decision" on Wednesday that he's taking his talents to Hollywood or some garbage. I would hate him more than I hate Lebron and I HATE Lebron.

KingofNy

Starter
I think these points are important to consider:

Yea those stats stuck out in that article when I read it also. We will be a pretty damn good team if we end up with the combo of Billups/Melo/Stat. I wish there was a way for us to grab Affalo or Nene in the package. There's no way that we can afford Nene though no matter how much outgoing salary we lose. If we have to give up Mosgov we're still going to need to find another big with all the injury concerns Ronny has.

mafra

Legend
Yea those stats stuck out in that article when I read it also. We will be a pretty damn good team if we end up with the combo of Billups/Melo/Stat. I wish there was a way for us to grab Affalo or Nene in the package. There's no way that we can afford Nene though no matter how much outgoing salary we lose. If we have to give up Mosgov we're still going to need to find another big with all the injury concerns Ronny has.

Felton has been great. He's a warrior. A great leader. But it's hard to ignore how bad he was against ORL last year in the playoffs.

Billups can hit the big shot and is great defensively.

Hard to imagine how Felton would be better in the playoffs this year.

Not to mention, Knicks can buy out Billups and use that money elswhere next year if they desire. If we keep Felton, we pay him 8 mil next season.

So, we could let Billups walks and sign Jamal Crawford, if we wanted.

It gives us options.

I don't really know any Nets fans...Does anyone know any Nets fans that really think they're going to get him? Why would NJ want him when he said multiple times that NJ is not for him? NJ looks so desperate. I hope Melo sees that...

There's a reason why they're desperate. They don't even have a real fan base. The only time they're fans show up to their games is when they have stars. That's why they're selling their whole team for one star.

And..IMO although Melo acts the like he doesn't like the attention and drama, he sure does and says a lot of stuff to contradict that. Hopefully he's not using NY/NJ as a cover to make a Lebron like "Decision" on Wednesday that he's taking his talents to Hollywood or some garbage. I would hate him more than I hate Lebron and I HATE Lebron.

I know like 2 Nets fans. They both want and think there going to get Melo.

Most Net fans live in Long Island and are old fans from the ABA days. The younger ones are very hard to come by. There's about 3 of them and one is Kim Kardashian and the other 2 are these dudes I play ball with.