The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

mafra

Legend
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6139746

Melo met with Prok for 40 minutes today and didn't accept or reject the offer. Link is above.

theknicksblog.com has a link via NY Times... Carmelo is telling friends he will not sign an extension with the Nyets. Actually prefers to remain in DEN, if it came down to NJ or DEN.

We wont hear much. DEAL may be done with NY. I posit if we hear anything, it wont be definite until MONDAY.

KingofNy

Starter
I just don't understand why it seems as if Melo is assisting Denver to get the Knicks to give more than they should at this point. I mean why would Melo want the Knicks to give up depth and so much talent that they are reduced in NY?
Doesn't make sense to me...
If Melo says "I WANT NY" then the deal will be whatever NY offers. As long as Melo plays this stuff "being on the fence", then NY feels the need to add more players to reach an agreement...

None of this makes any sense. I honestly think Carmelo is ONLY about the money and living in NY. He contradicts himself in every article. He says "If anything was to happen with whatever team, of course, I would want a team to be able to compete with," Anthony said. "As far as all the players that's in the deal, that's supposed to be in the deal, yeah, that's a lot of players for one guy." yet he's putting both teams in a bidding war for his services...

I'm really getting pissed at him and for the first time am thinking I don't want this bullcrap drama on our team. I honestly think he's trying to get us to back out so he can go to NJ. I can't think of any other reason he would do what he's doing. If anyone thinks they can explain this please let me know because I'm at a loss for words right now.

STAT1

Starter
Yea those stats stuck out in that article when I read it also. We will be a pretty damn good team if we end up with the combo of Billups/Melo/Stat. I wish there was a way for us to grab Affalo or Nene in the package. There's no way that we can afford Nene though no matter how much outgoing salary we lose. If we have to give up Mosgov we're still going to need to find another big with all the injury concerns Ronny has.

I'm not too crazy about Nene, other than this season his career stats aren't that impressive & he's not a great rebounder, which is something I think we need. But yo I love Afflalo that dude is a defensive pest, one of those guys that really gets into your grille when he's guarding you and will shadow you all game long. We could really use that type of player on this defensively challenged squad.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I hear ya man about all the frustrations here. I'm not happy with the way Denver and the Knicks are handling this but I'm more pissed at the Nets now then I am at anything.

The Nets know Melo doesn't want to be there so they are keeping up with this shit so we have to give up more assets to get him. They are scared of us becoming elite and NY and NJ fans and the rest of the NBA forgetting about the Nets. Screw them. Well, at least St. Johns played well again today. We still have one good basketball team in NY representing. St. Johns are a good example of how a good coach can change everything about an organization.

Thats it right there. The Nets are just trying to make us pay as much as possible for Melo because they have to compeat with us for NY.

Too bad for them because no matter what happens, the Knicks will always be New Yorks team and there is nothing the Nets can do about it.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I just don't understand why it seems as if Melo is assisting Denver to get the Knicks to give more than they should at this point. I mean why would Melo want the Knicks to give up depth and so much talent that they are reduced in NY?
Doesn't make sense to me...
If Melo says "I WANT NY" then the deal will be whatever NY offers. As long as Melo plays this stuff "being on the fence", then NY feels the need to add more players to reach an agreement...

None of this makes any sense. I honestly think Carmelo is ONLY about the money and living in NY. He contradicts himself in every article. He says "If anything was to happen with whatever team, of course, I would want a team to be able to compete with," Anthony said. "As far as all the players that's in the deal, that's supposed to be in the deal, yeah, that's a lot of players for one guy." yet he's putting both teams in a bidding war for his services...

I'm really getting pissed at him and for the first time am thinking I don't want this bullcrap drama on our team. I honestly think he's trying to get us to back out so he can go to NJ. I can't think of any other reason he would do what he's doing. If anyone thinks they can explain this please let me know because I'm at a loss for words right now.

I dont think the question is if Melo wants to be a Knick, we all know he does. The problem is that Melo wants to be a Knick NOW, not next year with the uncertainties of the new CBA and dragging this thing on.

He wants to be a Knick now, and if the Knicks know this then they can wait till next year if they dont want to give up that much. However, if the Knicks are uncertain about being able to get Melo next year then they will have to make a serious play for him now, which I believe they are doing.

If Melo isnt a Knick by Thursday then chances are he will never be a Knick the way things are looking.

Heres the thing fellas. Melo wants the Knicks. The Knicks want Melo. Denver wants as much as they can get for Melo, a fair deal. Melo's hands are tied. I'm sure he'd love to come out and say look, I'm only going to sign with one team. The new CBA and the Nuggets wont allow him to do it. He has to appear neutral in all this or I'm sure Denver has told him he wont be traded. They'll hold on to him and see if the new CBA is better, worse or the same. Melo doesn't want to take that chance. You're talking 5-10-15-20 million at least. If the CBA wasn't hanging over his head he probably would have told Denver months ago to go **** yourself.

mafra

Legend
"I think ? and don't try to flip it on me ? but New York already has something there with Amar'e," Anthony said of the Knicks and their star, Amar'e Stoudemire. "I think that city is looking forward to bringing back great basketball. If that's my destination, then that's something I can bring to that city."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17428227

Hayato

Benchwarmer
"I think ? and don't try to flip it on me ? but New York already has something there with Amar'e," Anthony said of the Knicks and their star, Amar'e Stoudemire. "I think that city is looking forward to bringing back great basketball. If that's my destination, then that's something I can bring to that city."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17428227

the deadline is in sight and through all this shit, true feelings start to pour out.

thats what melo was feeling all along

and i think when he says "dont try to flip this on me" he meant "dont flip this and say i dont want to be a knick, because i do"

Markutis

Benchwarmer
We need to back out. I see it crystal clear. Melo's playing against us, for one reason or another. He wants his money, period. He's coperating with the Nuggets to force us to give everything so he can avoid free agency. Actually, i'm pretty sure Melo will sign the extension with Denver if we don't swallow.

Worst case scenario right now is NY getting the player. We should come back to the Chandler, Gallinari, Curry + pick offer and let him go to New Jersey or stay in Denver if they don't buy the deal.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
We need to back out. I see it crystal clear. Melo's playing against us, for one reason or another. He wants his money, period. He's coperating with the Nuggets to force us to give everything so he can avoid free agency. Actually, i'm pretty sure Melo will sign the extension with Denver if we don't swallow.

Worst case scenario right now is NY getting the player. We should come back to the Chandler, Gallinari, Curry + pick offer and let him go to New Jersey or stay in Denver if they don't buy the deal.
if he wanted his money he wouldve just taken the 65 mil from denver

Markutis

Benchwarmer
if he wanted his money he wouldve just taken the 65 mil from denver

Well, he also wants to play in a better team in a bigger market. But he wants his money a lot more.

In fact, i don't care about his greedyness. I care about the Knicks. Our current offer is already too much and with the player against our interests it only would get worst. It's not worth it.

la2ny

Starter
LOL. Guys please stop panicking please....
4649286939_e999053079.jpg

Sure he wants his money. Wouldnt you? But he also wants to play with STAT and CP3 in NY. If he can get his dough and NY CP3 wont be far behind. Hell I'm hoping the new CBA allows us to sign both CP3 and Superman. If that happens you still think we need Gallo, Chandler, Fields, Moz or any other fringe players we have on the roster? Heck I could start with that group and win 5 straight chips.