The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Whats up Papz? You taking a break from JI? I took a break from there for awhile cause I got sick of all the homers.

I see what you're saying and I agree that I don't think we'll end up with Melo in the off-season if we don't snatch him up by the deadline. This trade has to happen soon though because it's going to take time to get all the physicals done and get the picks required for the trade. I think that we'll end up offering Mos along with fields and will end up keeping Gallo if the trade does go down.

I have a feeling that Melo will know tomorrow night exactly what his future holds. I'm sure he told Denver that he would cooperate with them and help them get a fair value for him but I'm sure he requested for them to make a decision by the all-star game so he could get his life in order. Who knows though, Denver's FO is pretty out of wack.

What's up King, yeah between the homers and potential lock out, not to mention still feeling the sting from the AFCCG loss need a break from there myself.

I agree with your points, we should know if he will be a Knick by tonight (hopefully). Like you said though who really knows with Denver's FO, that's the wild card right there.

For now, just gonna keep playing the waiting game.....

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
So many things can happen between now and when Gallo, Fields, Douglas etc are ready.

I'm not suggesting we sell "the farm" just to get a crack at Melo, I'm asking a simple question.

Does Melo alone make NY a contender?

Let's look at what he gives us to start with. One of the best 3 players in his position (the others of course being LBJ and KD). LeBron is no doubt the better all round player and so tops the list and KD has the POTENTIAL to move into second (first if you add the intangibles). Melo is as sweet a scorer as there is in the game today but he's not going to make us contenders straight away, I have to agree with Chuck on that one.

Billups
?
Melo
Amar'e
?

That's the bottom line. We are looking to keep either Gallo or Fields but we won't keep both if we want this trade to happen. Now Fields slots in NOW, can do a job NOW, is better than what we have NOW and has potential to improve in the future. I don't care if people would rather have "the next dirk" for trades, if you take Melo then you negate Gallo for a year or play him out of position to the detriment of the team.

So the answer for me seems to be in the present, not the future.

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
?

Now this looks more like a contender but obviously that one huge piece that you must have is still missing. Can Mozgov be it? I don't know, what I do know is, you don't trade away the possibility of an excellent C when you don't have one coming back the other way.

The key to the deal for me is whether the Knicks can keep Fields and still get a C in who can do the job NOW on a 1-2 year contract.

Why all of a sudden people want to look at just what Melo would add to the team now rather than what he would add to a team when we get the most important piece we are lacking first, well that's beyond me.

We've still got bench players even if we give up what Denver are asking minus Fields.

If that deal can be done and we can trade for a solid rebounding C then we do become a legit threat in the east. Top 4? Well who knows but it's a damn site more likely that without a rebounding C.

So how does it happen? Well I haven't got that far yet, but then that isn't my job. I just hope that behind the scenes they are thinking the same way.

If you're still in doubt whether we should give up what Denver want ask yourself this.

Do you ever see these players winning a title?

Felton
Chandler
Gallo
Amar'e
Mozgov

Nah, me neither. You're either moving forward or you're going backwards.

Now do you see this team winning a title?

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Solid C

More likely right?

What about this one (1 year ahead)

D-Will/CP3
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Solid C let's say Marc Gasol

Suddenly no one really cares where the other pieces went do they?

Speculate to accumulate, don't accumulate to speculate!

I didnt read one thing in your post about our FO also having the option to wait and sign him as a FA, which is a huge component to this fiasco that you're missing or purposely overlooking.

I didnt read one thing in your post about our FO also having the option to wait and sign him as a FA, which is a huge component to this fiasco that you're missing or purposely overlooking.

Melo won't wait in an uncertain CBA to lose his $15 Million, He will sign with the Nuggets and they will then trade him later to a team of their choice if we don't get this done.

WrongIslander

Rotation player

Because if we have tapped up Melo then all of what I posted is moot and we're all celebrating a team with enough pieces to trade their way to a title.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo won't wait in an uncertain CBA to lose his $15 Million, He will sign with the Nuggets and they will then trade him later to a team of their choice if we don't get this done.

I don't know about that.. So your saying the Nuggets will sign him for 64 million to basically rent him for half the season and then trade him. And why would Melo sign to be traded to a team of THEIR choice. Isn't the point of this thing for Melo to get to team of HIS choice. I really can't see him signing w Denver for this reason. The realistic middleground here is for him to sign w NJ, which is much more likely.

This is the Knicks' to lose they need to pull the trigger on the trade now! Melo doesn't want the Nets:
Carmelo Anthony met with representatives from the Nets for 45 minutes on Saturday in Los Angeles.

Mikhail Prokhorov, Jay-Z, Nets general manager Billy King and CEO Brett Yormark were present for the meeting.

Anthony was joined by agent Leon Rose and business manager Bay Frazier.

Anthony was noncommittal after hearing the Nets' presentation, not saying whether or not he would sign the three-year, $65 million contract extension that is a prerequisite for the deal.

Anthony will consider joining the Nets and deliver an answer by the end of the weekend.

"The Nets didn't come away very confident," said a source who was briefed on the meeting to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that Anthony's meeting with the Nets was part of an agreement in order to also meet MSG chairman James Dolan.

929.jpg

The Knicks are "not going any further" with offers for Carmelo Anthony, a source tells Newsday.

The final offer is reportedly: Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a draft pick for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams. The Nuggets would be getting three legitimate NBA starters -- more than they ever could have hoped for considering Anthony's stance. The ball is now in the Nuggets' court, and we'd expect a resolution shortly. If the deal goes through, the Knicks projected starting five would be Billups, Landry Fields, Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Timofey Mozgov. The Nuggets would likely make more trades, making their lineup impossible to predict right now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153542/report-knicks-have-made-final-offer-to-nugs

Well this is it I guess...

Yea. if the deal is done I think we play two games before Miami. Hopefully enough time to get Melo acclimated...

Denver plays on Tuesday and Melo doesn't want to sit out any games, He hopes he will be traded by Monday the latest. Ball is now in Denver's court we offered them Felton Gallo Chandler 1st(via Wolves) Curry and Maybe 2nd rounder

Melo Billups Balkman Williams

We also might trade for Telfair or Sessions

la2ny

Starter
Yea. if the deal is done I think we play two games before Miami. Hopefully enough time to get Melo acclimated...
Well I think it's enough time. They'd have a Tuesday practice and then a game on Wed. against Mil then Thurs. practice game in Cleveland Fri. and have Sat. practice. I think it's enough to get some things ironed out.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i fully expect Denver to accept this trade by tomorrow the latest. But then again no one knows what denvers thinking is

la2ny

Starter
Question...Does anyone think this is 2 much now??? Because I sure the hell don't. Guys on Posting and Toasting are bitching and moaning like we're trading STAT or something.

Billups-Felton
Melo-Gallo,Chandler
Carter/Balkman/Williams-Curry

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
I think adding melo would be great, even knowing what we would be giving up. I like the team as it is now, but lets not forget, Wilson has a bad ankle, Gallo's back could potentially be a problem. Felton is playing real well, but Melo makes up for his good play. Adding a playoff tested PG like Chauncy would be a great addition to the lineup.

I don't know how many ways I can say this differently, this would be a tremendous deal for us. If Denver accepts this deal it immediately makes us a playoff opponent that noone wants to see in any round. Especially how we play when the garden is all jacked up. We have played Boston close 3 times this season. Throw another scorer in there and a big time player in the closing seconds, we got a team. We also would then have two big stars to build around, two franchise players that we have never really had (at least in my lifetime, save Patrick)

In other news, I dont see how we can add a D-Will or Chris Paul. Can anyone draw up a scenario (realistic) showing me how we could free up that much space for another Max guy?

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Question...Does anyone think this is 2 much now??? Because I sure the hell don't. Guys on Posting and Toasting are bitching and moaning like we're trading STAT or something.

Billups-Felton
Melo-Gallo,Chandler
Carter/Balkman/Williams-Curry

I completely agree. I've been utterly shocked by the number of Knicks fans who have complained about this trade.

Billups/Douglas
Fields/Walker
Carmelo/Shawne Williams/(Renaldo Balkman?)
Amare/(Sheldon Williams?)
Mosgov/Turiaf

Would we not have a top 4 starting-lineup in the east, right off the bat? Because I sure as hell think we would. And yes, our bench would still be painfully mediocre . . . but that is to be expected in the first year after acquiring two max-level players. Does anyone seriously think Miami's current bench is significantly better than this one would be?

elcol

Rotation player
i think a lot of guys are bitching because we've been supporting our favorite knicks players for months and people don't like to see change, a lot of guys are gonna miss gallo or felton or chandler or fields and its tough to see any of them go(xept curry).
we all know this is a great trade to go down because we get melo/billups and maybe even aflallo but guys are unhappy cuz they don't wanna see their favorite knick in another uniform

:gony:

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
If we get Afflalo this would be the greatest trade ever. Already, sans Afflalo, this is a pretty great trade.

I think an X factor is gonna be The Moz. If he can stay on the floor (foul wise) and continue to get better as an old-school center, I will forget about Chandler and Gallo very quickly