The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Question...Does anyone think this is 2 much now??? Because I sure the hell don't. Guys on Posting and Toasting are bitching and moaning like we're trading STAT or something.

Billups-Felton
Melo-Gallo,Chandler
Carter/Balkman/Williams-Curry
I agree 100% i actually think this is a great trade.

If we get Afflalo this would be the greatest trade ever. Already, sans Afflalo, this is a pretty great trade.

I think an X factor is gonna be The Moz. If he can stay on the floor (foul wise) and continue to get better as an old-school center, I will forget about Chandler and Gallo very quickly
I don't think Denver will give up Affalo unfortunately.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Question...Does anyone think this is 2 much now??? Because I sure the hell don't. Guys on Posting and Toasting are bitching and moaning like we're trading STAT or something.

Billups-Felton
Melo-Gallo,Chandler
Carter/Balkman/Williams-Curry

It's only too much if your considering that if Melo had the nuts to wait inspite of the new CBA and left Denver's deal on the table, we wouldn't have to give up anything.

W the state of things being the way they are, the deal is reasonable.

skisloper

Starter
I completely agree. I've been utterly shocked by the number of Knicks fans who have complained about this trade.

Billups/Douglas
Fields/Walker
Carmelo/Shawne Williams/(Renaldo Balkman?)
Amare/(Sheldon Williams?)
Mosgov/Turiaf

Would we not have a top 4 starting-lineup in the east, right off the bat? Because I sure as hell think we would. And yes, our bench would still be painfully mediocre . . . but that is to be expected in the first year after acquiring two max-level players. Does anyone seriously think Miami's current bench is significantly better than this one would be?

Knicks Fans are complaining because the deal that you guys have outlined is not the greed upon deal.....
I think its a safe bet that we would all agree to Curry, Chandler, Felton and Gallo and a 1st rounder.....Find me someone who does not.

The issue is that "From what we have read " Denver wants more....There are rumors they want Fields and/or Mozgov.

At some point you have to way if these assets can be used to get someone other then Anthony.....

If we had to add Fields and Not mozgov would u still agree ?

la2ny

Starter
It's only too much if your considering that if Melo had the nuts to wait inspite of the new CBA and left Denver's deal on the table, we wouldn't have to give up anything.

Well, I for one know nuts doesn't cut it when it comes to business decisions. You have to use your brain (ex. Dolan-Isayugh). I understand what your saying about waiting until this summer, but at the way cba negotiations are going it could cost him a whole year or more of salary. Also this would be pretty much his only big contract of his career since he's 26 going on 27 years old.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Knicks Fans are complaining because the deal that you guys have outlined is not the greed upon deal.....
I think its a safe bet that we would all agree to Curry, Chandler, Felton and Gallo and a 1st rounder.....Find me someone who does not.

The issue is that "From what we have read " Denver wants more....There are rumors they want Fields and/or Mozgov.

At some point you have to way if these assets can be used to get someone other then Anthony.....

Uhm, obviously by post was based on the Knicks "final offer" (as reported by Alan Hahn - according to Hahn, the Knicks are UNWILLING to add anything else to the deal . . . we'll see

skisloper

Starter
Uhm, obviously by post was based on the Knicks "final offer" (as reported by Alan Hahn - according to Hahn, the Knicks are UNWILLING to add anything else to the deal . . . we'll see

If it was solely Walsh's call I would believe that BUT with Dolan involved one never knows....

If that is the deal we are looking good...

Lets hope its a done deal today so Donnie can get us a back-up point guard for Billups. Walker/2nd rounder should get us someone.

la2ny

Starter

No they are actually complaining about the deal on the table. NY is not going higher than Felton,Curry,Chandler,Gallo,1st round pick. And guys were saying keep Gallo and keep Felt and I'd do the deal. Like wtf are they smoking you have to give up something to get something.

If you asked me in the summer if I'd trade Gallo-Chandler-Felton for Melo-Billups to team with Amare, I'd do it in a heartbeat as most Knicks fans would.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
929.jpg

The Knicks are "not going any further" with offers for Carmelo Anthony, a source tells Newsday.

The final offer is reportedly: Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a draft pick for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams. The Nuggets would be getting three legitimate NBA starters -- more than they ever could have hoped for considering Anthony's stance. The ball is now in the Nuggets' court, and we'd expect a resolution shortly. If the deal goes through, the Knicks projected starting five would be Billups, Landry Fields, Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Timofey Mozgov. The Nuggets would likely make more trades, making their lineup impossible to predict right now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153542/report-knicks-have-made-final-offer-to-nugs

Well this is it I guess...

I'm saying, good deal for both parties. Denver obviously want to take Nets deal but it's not an option and as long as it stays that way, we give up Gallo now (Don't talk to me about Felton or Chandler going forward) to get Melo earlier.

If it plays out like this and we keep Moz and Fields then it's well done Knicks I say. We instantly get etter and our future looks a lot brighter also.

WrongIslander

Rotation player

I don't think it is just about the money. He'd be a fool not to consider the financial implications but also what if he wants to play in the playoffs with the Knicks this year? His position at Denver becomes more and more unattainable by the day and there is no draw like HOME.

Maybe he is being "selfish" in some people's eyes but he has a family to think about and he has to do what is best for himself and his family first and foremost.

I'd love to sit here and say I'd turn down that kind of money, I believe I would but I'm not so presumptious to walk in another man's shoes regarding a situation I'll never face.

Another way to look at it is he's already turning down more money to come to the Knicks, he's just not willing to lose silly money to do so in this climate.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well, I for one know nuts doesn't cut it when it comes to business decisions. You have to use your brain (ex. Dolan-Isayugh). I understand what your saying about waiting until this summer, but at the way cba negotiations are going it could cost him a whole year or more of salary. Also this would be pretty much his only big contract of his career since he's 26 going on 27 years old.

FO v The Player is apples to oranges. For Melo it would take balls to do what is in his heart as well as what would put the Knicks and ultimately himself in the most advantageous situation w re: to winning. You kno what I meant. Why are you parsing?

skisloper

Starter
I'm saying, good deal for both parties. Denver obviously want to take Nets deal but it's not an option and as long as it stays that way, we give up Gallo now (Don't talk to me about Felton or Chandler going forward) to get Melo earlier.

If it plays out like this and we keep Moz and Fields then it's well done Knicks I say. We instantly get etter and our future looks a lot brighter also.

Lets forget Free agency,,,,,,,Bulls, Dallas Lakers...

we have to get Melo now...
so YES
FELTON FOR BILLUPS
MELO FOR GALLO
CHANDLER we could not resign anyway plus his ankle issues...
Curry and a 1st rounder....

God Bless Donnie

Hope we trade back for Gallo sometime.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't think it is just about the money. He'd be a fool not to consider the financial implications but also what if he wants to play in the playoffs with the Knicks this year? His position at Denver becomes more and more unattainable by the day and there is no draw like HOME.

Maybe he is being "selfish" in some people's eyes but he has a family to think about and he has to do what is best for himself and his family first and foremost.

I'd love to sit here and say I'd turn down that kind of money, I believe I would but I'm not so presumptious to walk in another man's shoes regarding a situation I'll never face.

Another way to look at it is he's already turning down more money to come to the Knicks, he's just not willing to lose silly money to do so in this climate.

i get all of that. i hear you..

WrongIslander

Rotation player
i think a lot of guys are bitching because we've been supporting our favorite knicks players for months and people don't like to see change, a lot of guys are gonna miss gallo or felton or chandler or fields and its tough to see any of them go(xept curry).
we all know this is a great trade to go down because we get melo/billups and maybe even aflallo but guys are unhappy cuz they don't wanna see their favorite knick in another uniform

:gony:

I will miss Gallo (obviously as my sig suggests) but it's better for him and us that he is part of this trade rather than Fields and what matters most is what is best for the Knicks.

If every player I hate all signed for the Knicks tomorrow I'd support them more than if every player I like signed for any other team. It's all about the jersey first and foremost, not the player wearing it.

35 + pages :alert: WHoa ! We even got guys signing up to post about Melo, This is the kind of excitement he will bring that Felton,Chandler,Gallo can't. Melo has that sheer star power, Now with Amare w will really be back :gony:

Let it be known Nets made the Knicks have to offer more to the Nuggets.
When Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov decided to get back into the Melo race this weekend, it appears that more than anything else, his intention was to hurt the Knicks. Prokhorov likely learned from last time around that Melo would not be willing to sign a contract extension with the Nets. But by making a crazy offer to Denver, New Jersey put New York in a tough spot. And banking on James Dolan being James Dolan, they figured they could get New York to go all-in for Melo.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
I have a question. Why do the New York papers (i use that term lightly) have to rain on our parade. Every headline is "Melo isnt Abdul Jabbar" "Fans will quickly realize Melo isnt lebron", "Melo's defense isnt good". I think every fan knows that Carmelo Anthony isnt anyone but Carmelo Anthony. Why are they trying to downplay it like it isnt a big deal? He is a great talent and a great scorer. The team is going to be significantly better with him.

Let knick fans have a minute to celebrate the fact that we (may) have two star players for the first time in a long time.

KingofNy

Starter
Let it be known Nets made the Knicks have to offer more to the Nuggets.

I wrote this same thing 25 pages ago. NJ knew that Melo didn't want anything to do with them yet they wanted to drive up his value so we couldn't get him and be the "King of NY".... BASTARDS. I hope Prokhorov chokes on his Kotlety while he's laughing at all the crap we're going though because of him.