The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
I wrote this same thing 25 pages ago. NJ knew that Melo didn't want anything to do with them yet they wanted to drive up his value so we couldn't get him and be the "King of NY".... BASTARDS. I hope Prokhorov chokes on his Kotlety while he's laughing at all the crap we're going though because of him.

Isn't the best revenge that, at the end of the day, the Nets are terrible and have a 7 footer that cant grab 6 rebounds a game

STAT1

Starter
Mozgov is holding up the deal?are you serious?Didn't we go on that 8 game winning streak without play Moz 1 minute?Trade Moz and sign Barron!

Agreed 100%. Timo is still extremely raw, very much a project still lacking in some basic fundamentals. A rebuilding team holds onto players like that, a contending team wants more seasoned players that are more reliable and display more of a knowledge of what they're actually doing out on the floor.

In my opinion we could easily make do with Turiaf & someone like Earl Barron at the C position for this season's playoff run and then consider other options in the draft this summer or in free agency. Hopefully there is a midlevel provision in the next cba, but even if there isn't I imagine there will be a lot of NBA veteran Cs who would view the Knicks as a much more attractive destination to play on a low money contract to be a part of the run next season. Guys like Erick Dampier or Etan Thomas for example. I don't think we'd miss Timo all that much to be honest.

STAT1

Starter

I agree with Lebron actually, Melo should take his advice & stop doing interviews until this is all settled 1 way or the other. The less he says on the matter the better. Melo's so concerned about trying not to offend other teams and made to look like a bad guy, he should just say he's not going to comment on anything until a deal gets done.

STAT1

Starter
The lingering feeling that everyone we have been hearing up to now with the Melo Rumors/Saga has been bs...

I was listening to WFAN radio and the talk host made such a great point. He said that throughout this entire process/nonsense that one thing has made no sense. If Melo really wants to be a NY Knick, why is jeopardizing the Knicks Roster. Reports say he was in a meeting with the Nets and was non-commital about signing the extension. Why didn't he come out and tell the nj owner I'm sorry but I don't want to sign the extension with you guys that I want to go to the Knicks. If he said that then the nets would pull out and the Knicks wouldn't be giving up the farm. In terms of helping the Knicks with leverage he hasn't done so... So it leads me to believe one of two things.. Either everything we have been hearing is a bunch of bs and all these rumors are fabracated, or maybe Melo is truly considering signing the extension with the Nets if the Knicks can't pull the trade off. Melo wants his cake and eat it too, but he rather have the money over anything. It's a really confusing mess.

There's really nothing wrong with Melo wanting his cake & eating it too. Most free agents to be want the same. It's rare for superstar players to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table so they can play for the teams they want to play for. If the Knicks weren't willing to step up to the plate & offer STAT the max contract then he wouldn't have signed here. Melo's just making the best business decision for himself while also getting the added benefit of working where he wants to work. Nothing wrong with that, but I do agree he needs to chill out with the "It's all about winning, not the money" stuff, because it comes off as a bit disingenuous.

STAT1

Starter
929.jpg

The Knicks are "not going any further" with offers for Carmelo Anthony, a source tells Newsday.

The final offer is reportedly: Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a draft pick for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams. The Nuggets would be getting three legitimate NBA starters -- more than they ever could have hoped for considering Anthony's stance. The ball is now in the Nuggets' court, and we'd expect a resolution shortly. If the deal goes through, the Knicks projected starting five would be Billups, Landry Fields, Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Timofey Mozgov. The Nuggets would likely make more trades, making their lineup impossible to predict right now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/153542/report-knicks-have-made-final-offer-to-nugs

Well this is it I guess...

oasis-prayer-hot-line.jpg

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Denver: "Okay we are resigned to losing our best player and one of the best in the league because he only wants to sign for you."

New York: "Right so what do you want in return?"

Denver: "We'd like some magic beans please, let's say 5."

New York: "Too many magic beans, you can keep your superstar."

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
it's better for Gallo and us that he is part of this trade rather than Fields and what matters most is what is best for the Knicks.

If every player I hate all signed for the Knicks tomorrow I'd support them more than if every player I like signed for any other team. It's all about the jersey first and foremost, not the player wearing it.

agree100.gif

Agreed 100%. Timo is still extremely raw, very much a project still lacking in some basic fundamentals. A rebuilding team holds onto players like that, a contending team wants more seasoned players that are more reliable and display more of a knowledge of what they're actually doing out on the floor.

In my opinion we could easily make do with Turiaf & someone like Earl Barron at the C position for this season's playoff run and then consider other options in the draft this summer or in free agency. Hopefully there is a midlevel provision in the next cba, but even if there isn't I imagine there will be a lot of NBA veteran Cs who would view the Knicks as a much more attractive destination to play on a low money contract to be a part of the run next season. Guys like Erick Dampier or Etan Thomas for example. I don't think we'd miss Timo all that much to be honest.
Agreed.Before that game vs the Pistons everyone couldn't wait to get rid of Mozgov.And maybe we can even sign dalembert in the summer since his value dropped enormously due being put on the bench behind Demarcus Cousins.

STAT1

Starter
I have a question. Why do the New York papers (i use that term lightly) have to rain on our parade. Every headline is "Melo isnt Abdul Jabbar" "Fans will quickly realize Melo isnt lebron", "Melo's defense isnt good". I think every fan knows that Carmelo Anthony isnt anyone but Carmelo Anthony. Why are they trying to downplay it like it isnt a big deal? He is a great talent and a great scorer. The team is going to be significantly better with him.

Let knick fans have a minute to celebrate the fact that we (may) have two star players for the first time in a long time.

They can kill Melo all they want, it only serves as extra motivation for him to stick it in their faces when he gets over here & starts to ball.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
They can kill Melo all they want, it only serves as extra motivation for him to stick it in their faces when he gets over here & starts to ball.

Also takes all the hype away from him having to be a one man show. I mean I'd rather have everyone hating on me and expecting less than be LeBron James and have to play out of my mind every day incase someone saw me miss a jumper in practice and it made the national headlines.

smokes

Huge Member
Seriously it's a good offer. Chandler is like a mini Rudy Gay well worth the 6-8 mil he's gonna command next year. Gallo is 50/50 still IMO whether he's gonna bust or be a star but if he maintains current level he's still worth his 3 mil next year and if he doesn't improve Gallo for the QO is nice to have for any team.

They get one pick (sure we are lowballing here but NJ are paying way over the odds with their 20 1st rounders or w/e it is they are willing to give away) since we don't have any more, and Felton who is still a servicable PG regardless of the offensive system he plays in.

Honestly I'm glad this is all we are willing to give up. How many players like Landry Fields are there in the NBA right now? Not that many, we can have him for a long time for a very low price and he's gonna help us win a lot of games.

Lastly though, if all it took to sway the odds was to throw Mozgov in there, **** it, do it.

Allan Houston Approves:
While Houston didn?t confirm nor deny a trade was in place he did say the journey to landing Carmelo Anthony reminds him of the good ole days when he played alongside Knicks greats such as Patrick Ewing coming so close to winning an NBA championship, something that would no longer be a thing of the past if 'Melo is indeed traded to the Knicks.

?To me that?s a blessing to be involved because I was there when we were trying to get to this point and to be involved we have a chance to do it again is exciting for me? said Houston referring to the Knicks reign of terror in the late ?90?s. ?I honestly think our owners doing a good job, I think Donnie Walsh is doing a great job and like I said it?s a pleasure to be involved with it.?

Tomorrow Melo will be Orange and Blue:
Denver is being pressured by other teams in the league to make a deal so that other trades around the league can then proceed, and that a deal can be expected "in the next 24 to 48 hours.
Nets are about to pull their offer off the table