The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Yea, for a year. Right up until when we have to let Felton go and renounce Gallo to sign CP3 or D-Will, or Dwight.

everybody get dwight out of your minds. i dont think he wants to come here and he's already said he wants to go to the lakers. im sure theyre more than willing to take him. theyd just move gasol to PF and a couple other adjustments

Hayato

Benchwarmer
The reason why they even turned to the Nets is because the only way we could do that is if he told them straight up im not staying even if you keep me. Then if he does that he's at risk for not having a contract because of the pending lockout. No one knows how long its going to last so thats the problem.

cant he just tell the nets he's not goin there and force denver to trade him to the knicks

nuckles2k2

Superstar
everybody get dwight out of your minds. i dont think he wants to come here and he's already said he wants to go to the lakers. im sure theyre more than willing to take him. theyd just move gasol to PF and a couple other adjustments

Doesn't change the situation. If we're looking to get CP3 OR, D-Will, OR, Howard, then we have to lose Gallo AND Felton.

So if they're gone eventually anyway...I don't see how it's "gutting" the team to trade them for Melo. Unless we see a situation where we can trade them for picks straight up.

la2ny

Starter
this is worse than the decision by lebron

truthfully if you look at it realistically, carmelo has allowed this to be a prime time decision show every day of the seasons since training camp. Personally I find it ridiculous, pre madonna idiot.

See this is what I don't understand. Who is it that keeps us informed? The media. Who has all the sources? The media. It's always the players who get the blame for everything yet sumtimes it's not even their doing our fault. Every media outlet jus knew lebron wanted to be a knick when there really never was anything there.

Another thing, we as fans look at these players like robots or something because all we see is money and say well be happy mutha****a because if you complain about something your a crybaby an you don't deserve to cry cause you have fame and money. We sometimes forget the human element of things.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Anthony_Carmelo_den_091216.jpg
Carmelo Anthony told the media that there is no meeting scheduled with the Nets to his knowledge.
There is "no meeting at all,'' Anthony said, adding that talk of a meeting with New Jersey's ownership on friday was "news to me."
Anthony also seemed unsure of what the purpose would be of meeting with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, or what his approach would be to such a discussion.
"If I was to meet with that guy to be honest I really don't know what I would say," Anthony said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._No_Meeting_With_Nets_Scheduled#ixzz1EM8Nhei8

Sort of an addendum to someone's previous post. Direct quotes though from Melo. We shall see......

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Doesn't change the situation. If we're looking to get CP3 OR, D-Will, OR, Howard, then we have to lose Gallo AND Felton.

So if they're gone eventually anyway...I don't see how it's "gutting" the team to trade them for Melo. Unless we see a situation where we can trade them for picks straight up.
im not talking about your scenario, im talking about people actually thinking that we might get howard

This can be settled easy

Carmelo walks into the office sits down in front of prokarov

Calmly asks the man if he has ever seen Rocky 4

and quietly walks out of the room.

negotiations over.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer

Dwight said nothing of the sort in regards to the Lakers. More importantly he said, the media was making stuff up, he never said anything about leaving, wants to stay in Orlando. Realistically for us is Jordan/Gasol/trade for Pryz.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
im not talking about your scenario, im talking about people actually thinking that we might get howard

Gotcha...but that's not what I was talking about. You said Melo should force his way here to have more pieces around him....but the pieces you refer to would be leaving eventually anyway (except for Fields) so...Chandler, Gallo, Felton, is more than fair. Because even if we sign Melo as FA, we have to renounce Gallo and let Felton go to sign someone in 2012.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm convinced that Carmelo and the Nets have not been anywhere close to meeting.

Think about it. We keep hearing about the Nets being in play for this, the Nets being in play for that.

And the two times Carmelo has been asked about this, his responses:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TDw48rY_nW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reporter: So it's basically official that you're going to be traded to the Nets tomorrow?

Melo: "The who?"

Reporter: "The Nets, tomorrow"

Melo: "I haven't heard that one. I don't know, dawg...that's new."

Second time:

LOS ANGELES — Carmelo Anthony said Friday "no meeting at all" is scheduled with the New Jersey Nets and didn't know what he would say if one does happen.
Speaking at an NBA Cares community service event, Anthony said a reported meeting that Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov was seeking with the All-Star forward was "news to me."
"I haven't heard it," Anthony said.

That's not the second time that's happened. Sources reported a meeting when the Nets-Pistons-Nuggets three-team deal was abuzz that Carmelo had granted Prokhorov permission to talk to him. Of course, the meeting never happened, and Carmelo basically refused it.

Call me an idiot or overly optimistic if you want but I'm convinced that Carmelo Anthony has never come close to anything even remotely resembling an extension with the New Jersey Nets.

I believe that the Nuggets are making the Nets trade talks seem far more over-blown than they are in order to pressure the Knicks into throwing Landry Fields into the deal.

There is no other reason for news sources to report that Carmelo and Prokhorov have agreed to the meeting and for Carmelo to subsequently deny it and claim that there's no meeting.

I'm going to put all my chips in one basket and say: Carmelo isn't going to the Nets. Carmelo, at no point, has ever seriously considered going to the Nets. Carmelo, right now, wants to play playoff basketball in Madison Square Garden, not 30-win basketball with Brook "I grab 6 rebounds per game even though I'm 7'1" Lopez and coach Avery "what happened to my PG, my PF, and my SG?" Johnson. Carmelo, right now, cannot stand the idea of watching the Knicks play basketball in the playoffs while he himself sits in an apartment in Newark (lol) wondering when the Nets are ever going to become good enough to make a push at the 8th seed.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I still think it's going to drag until the trade deadline.

I honestly think if the Knicks don't end up forcing a trade he's just going to sign the extension with Denver. He's got a better chance of winning in Denver than he does of winning in New Jersey, that's for sure.

It can drag itself out all it wants.. Our leverage is now 0 if the Nets and Melo really do have a deal in place akready.. Denver can demand everything from us and threaten to pull the trigger on the Nets trade if we don't comply.. But if Gallo's the one holding this trade up then wow just wow

KBlack25

Starter
It can drag itself out all it wants.. Our leverage is now 0 if the Nets and Melo really do have a deal in place akready.. Denver can demand everything from us and threaten to pull the trigger on the Nets trade if we don't comply.. But if Gallo's the one holding this trade up then wow just wow

Unless Melo says no to an extension...

Which is what this all hinges on.

The answer to what Melo will do exists, unfortunately it exists exclusively in Melo's head.

Unless Melo says no to an extension...

Which is what this all hinges on.

The answer to what Melo will do exists, unfortunately it exists exclusively in Melo's head.
True. I dunno how reliable this "source" who tipped ESPN on Melo's intentions is.. but I hope they're wrong. Because if they aren't then we will have to suffer the sight of seeing Melo play across the river and eventually in a different borough than us..

I think we need to stand firm here and not take the bait. If he truly wants to be a Knick he'll be a Knick this offseason. Don't sell the farm to get this guy. He has already stated tha place he wants to be is in New York anyway. If he chooses to sign the extension with Denver...so be it. He will be the one not happy in the long run.