The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ So true.

Moz > Favors. Favors has been shit this year. No more excuses for him. Bustola.

Arguably Moz has as much potential/ultimate value...And he has certainly shown more up front. Plus, C is a premium position.

Harris is a good PG, but will he ever be good enough? Tough to say.

Lawson > Harris. Felton's 2yr deal + Lawson >>>>>>.

Honestly, why say screw them over Moz? Screw them over Gallo/Chandler.

We have assets to build up -- and trade for other (bigger?) stars, too.

This is the perfect spot to make a powermove. And make an astute, gamble where we go for the jugular (and franchise glory).

MIA, LAK, OKC, ORL..We need to be *great* to truly be a top dog. "really ****ing good" will still be a perpetual underdog.

Curry, AR deal, Chandler, Walker, Felton.

DEN can turn down locking up those players, and risk being the next Cleveland Cavaliers. If they do, and if Melo moves to a pathetic New Jersey team...

Fine. Sometimes shit happens and sometimes you lose gambles.

Greatness comes from boldness and how you play the game. We'll get there if we are shrewd, bold, and show real strength.

la2ny

Starter
Damnit!!!

I 4got there isn't any basketball for 2-3 days so we have to deal with this to occupy time till games start again. SMH....

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
If we all get together in front of MSG and rioted like they did in Egypt do you think the Denver FO will resign or go through with the deal?

just a thought.

mafra

Legend
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/27587236

Denver also hasn't shut the door on the Nets, with whom they have agreed to the framework of a trade, according to the source. But it appears that key figures in the organization have grown comfortable with the Knicks' offer, which was sweetened significantly after the Nets re-emerged in the discussions during All-Star weekend in Los Angeles.

Sources say Denver's reluctance to deal with New York throughout the process was prompted more by a feeling among some segments of the team's power structure that they should not give Anthony what he wants -- a three-year, $65 million extension with the team of his choice. But sources also assert it will be difficult for Denver to turn down what could be the best offer they will receive for Anthony -- one that gives them a quality point guard, Felton, on a better contract than the Nets' Devin Harris; a young, promising frontcourt player, Chandler, who is more polished than New Jersey's Derrick Favors; a hard-nosed, floor-spacing shooter, Gallinari, instead of multiple first-round picks from New Jersey whose ultimate value is undetermined; and $20 million in immediate savings.

The Nuggets' basketball staff is said to have preferred the Nets' long-standing offer centered around Favors and multiple picks, which would set the team up for a long-term rebuilding process -- whereas the Knicks' offer provides assets better suited to a quicker turnaround after Anthony's departure. But the Nets' competing offer ran its course with Friday night's obligatory meeting between Anthony and New Jersey officials, which CBSSports.com reported was allowed as a condition of Anthony receiving permission to meet with Dolan on Thursday.

Denver is really starting to piss me off. I've seen trades in all sports have its difficulties but this is crazy. I mean what happened to making a deal that helps BOTH TEAMS. Gallo, Chandler and Felton is more than fair. Now I'm not saying Moz is Wilt, but giving them Moz along with the rest HURTS our team. IMHO...

Donnie Walsh might get help from his old team, like how Jerry West helped the Lakers get Pau.

The players reportedly talked about in a trade between the Knicks and Nuggets are Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Chauncey Billups, and (of course) Anthony. A Knicks first round pick is also in the mix.

For the Pacers to get involved, it's likely that it would be in an effort that would help the Knicks land 'Melo. Current Pacers president Larry Bird is an old friend of Knicks president Donnie Walsh. Walsh hired Bird as his coach back in 1998 when Walsh was the CEO of the Pacers. Walsh also groomed Bird as a front office executive after Larry left the bench in 2000.

A trade scenario like this one would provide all three parties (Pacers, Knicks, and Nuggets) with the pieces they need to succeed going forward. Sure, it's a pie-in-the-sky deal. But, it's also a reasonable deal that, in the end, gives everyone what they want.

Pacers Trade: Mike Dunleavy, T.J. Ford, Paul George, Jeff Foster

Knicks Trade: Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph

Nuggets Trade: Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups

Pacers get: Gallinari, Curry, Randolph, and Billups

Knicks get: 'Melo and T.J. Ford

Nuggets get: Felton, Dunleavy, Goerge, Foster, Knicks first round pick

iSaYughh

Starter
Look. If we start competing against NJ (who may be a total straw man competitor), DEN will just keep ratcheting up demands.

Apparently, we've "drawn a line in the sand. Per ESPN 5min ago.

Why we didn't do this prior, idk...but

Felton, Chandler, Gallo, AR, Curry looks to be it.

Well, let's just be prepared to be praying for Paul/Williams to come to us next year so we can really compete. And/or we draft a steal in the 1st this year.

Billups Rental/Douglas
Fields
Melo
STAT
Moz

walker, Williams, turiaf bench

Hope Moz becomes a legit starter, add Glen Davis in off season...We will be good.

Will still be wishing to be great, tho..

CoolClyde

Moz muz go? oh no!

if Knicks trade Gallo, Chandler, Felton and Mozgov for Melo, then Denver becomes a version of the Knicks, and could very well play same rotation at some point, hence next Knicks game vs. Denver we'd be, like, playing against ourselves...strange!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
There's no way in hell we should add anything else to the deal.

I was tired of all of this sh*t on Friday. Now I'm like weirdly used to the suckiness of it.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Sorry. Comcast down in Tennessee.

That being said I sincerely hope we throw Mozgov in and keep Gallinari.

Felton + Chandler + Mozgov + Curry + Randolph is an absolute steal in my mind, IMO.

Especially if we get back Billups and Carmelo and Shelden Williams/Anthony Carter.