The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Ewing

Benchwarmer
F*ck the Nuggets, I'm tired of their stupid game of demands!
Just tell Carmelo to wait till next summer and we'll have a team to contend for the next 10 years!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
If I'm the Knicks...

Galo, Felton, Chandler, Curry, 1st Rd, Azabuk..... Final offer.................................................................... Take it or most likely get nothing from anyone because Melo is not signing an extension with a loser team like the NETS!!! Amateurs a bunch of AMATEURS in Denver FO!

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Knew this would happen. They really need to restructure their FO. They have no idea how to negotiate. I think we pull out and say good riddance until Melo goes to them and demands they take a scaled down deal. He has to know we tried our damnedest and this is what they did. They gave the run around to the Nets and now us. Move on.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I am livid about how this has played out.

Carmelo Anthony will be a Knick because James Dolan knows he's worth the money in exposure.

If that portly little bastard actually got off his ass and met with Carmelo personally, you know that he's peddling anything to get what he wants.

This is the combined efforts of 3 millionaire brats that will have a bad effect on next season. Potentially even this one.

Yahoo just reported the Knicks have offered

Chandler
Galo
Felton
Curry
And a 1st

For Melo and Billups plus filler players.

Regardless of whether or not this is a comparatively ideal(?) trade, I'm sick of our franchise's future being dictated by the whims of a 26 year old pouter.

Charles Barkley just said during the Rookie V Sophomore halftime, "Why would the Knicks give up ALL THESE GOOD PLAYERS, when Melo will be a FA come the off-season anyway?"

Between the salaries of Melo and his gelatinous wife, there'd be enough money to rid Africa of famine for a decade. Still, it's us bending over to appease a greedy scamp.

Gallo, Chandler, Felton, a 1st rounder and Curry's contract when he could have just waited for 5 months, left on Lebron terms - a decision supported by Anthony - and helped this team - OUR TEAM - be an instant contender with a deep bench and flexibility on the cap heading in to a restructured 10 year Collective Bargaining Agreement

5 ****ing months!

I don't want to hear the whole "we can just fill spots with role players and vets" - that's a cop out on Gallo, Ray and Wil for the sake of someone not even on our team. How must they feel!? That type of idiocy deserves vilification. Those advocating such things need to take a crash course in the pitiable effects of instant gratification.

And what of the deal doesn't go through? We're offering our ****ing captain for this brat!

That'll **** morale right in it's sensitive little anus.

If anything, Melo has ****ed us by helping Denver pit us against other teams.

I can't believe we're going to trade for the prick.

If he comes in and plays well, great. But he's ****ed this entire situation for us. Next year could have been SO much better. ECF.

Congratulations goes to:

The Denver Nuggets.

3770301340_032d5f012e.jpg

Carmelo Anthony

carmelo-anthony-dunk-on-danilo-gallinari2.jpg

And Lala Vazquez

lala-vasquez08sportsill.jpg

You all got what you wanted at our expense.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
The Nuggets can go to hell. This is getting more ridiculous every day. They make me lose my nerves. **** them!!!

la2ny

Starter
And for anyone wondering why he probably really wants to leave look at Denvers tactics. They fired the best gm they had who got them a player to help and got them to the WCF. Now they have so many uncertain contracts going into next year plus they haven't really improved the team in 2 years, can you blame him.

“As far as building, which the Nuggets are trying to obviously do in their near future they’re trying to start all over and build up – and don’t try to flip it on me – but New York already has something there,” Anthony said. “I think the city is looking forward to bringing back great basketball and they’re looking forward to that. So if that’s my destination then that’s something that I can bring to that city.”-Carmelo

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;158378 said:
Carmelo Anthony will be a Knick because James Dolan knows he's worth the money in exposure.

If that portly little bastard actually got off his ass and met with Carmelo personally, you know that he's peddling anything to get what he wants.

This is the combined efforts of 3 millionaire brats that will have a bad effect on next season. Potentially even this one.

Regardless of whether or not this is a comparatively ideal(?) trade, I'm sick of our franchise's future being dictated by the whims of a 26 year old pouter.

Charles Barkley just said during the Rookie V Sophomore halftime, "Why would the Knicks give up ALL THESE GOOD PLAYERS, when Melo will be a FA come the off-season anyway?"

Between the salaries of Melo and his gelatinous wife, there'd be enough money to rid Africa of famine for a decade. Still, it's us bending over to appease a greedy scamp.

Gallo, Chandler, Felton, a 1st rounder and Curry's contract when he could have just waited for 5 months, left on Lebron terms - a decision supported by Anthony - and helped this team - OUR TEAM - be an instant contender with a deep bench and flexibility on the cap heading in to a restructured 10 year Collective Bargaining Agreement

5 ****ing months!

I don't want to hear the whole "we can just fill spots with role players and vets" - that's a cop out on Gallo, Ray and Wil for the sake of someone not even on our team. How must they feel!? That type of idiocy deserves vilification. Those advocating such things need to take a crash course in the pitiable effects of instant gratification.

And what of the deal doesn't go through? We're offering our ****ing captain for this brat!

That'll **** morale right in it's sensitive little anus.

If anything, Melo has ****ed us by helping Denver pit us against other teams.

I can't believe we're going to trade for the prick.

If he comes in and plays well, great. But he's ****ed this entire situation for us. Next year could have been SO much better. ECF.

Congratulations goes to:

The Denver Nuggets.

3770301340_032d5f012e.jpg

Carmelo Anthony

carmelo-anthony-dunk-on-danilo-gallinari2.jpg

And Lala Vazquez

lala-vasquez08sportsill.jpg

You all got what you wanted at our expense.

Thanks Crazy8s,

I'm hot right now and reading your post calmed me down a bit.

Barkley ain't the brightest, but he knows the game of basketball and makes a lot of sense sometimes. He's right. Why do this sh*t now when we know he wants us?

I've also been an advocate for waiting and keeping Gallo all along. But if the deal is inevitable it needs to be done in a certain way. This sh*t is turning into a rape.

It's enough I have to see Gallo offered, but now they're going to say they want Fields thrown in too. The nerve of them.. Hell no! I can't man.. i just can't.

I have to stop following this thread.. or something. I'm starting to hate Carmelo.:barf:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I'm officially giving up on Melo. I wanted him more than anything, but if these reports are true that they want fields now to then i'm done. If he really wants to come here let him become a free agent and come on the offseason, if not then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Felton, Galo, Chandler, Fields, 1st Round, Curry is just too much for me to give up for Melo. Sorry Melo but if your angry you should be angry at Denver for not wanting to trade you to where you want to go, not the Knicks for making a reasonable offer.

la2ny

Starter
Also I do believe Melo gets traded over the weekend for 2 reasons:

1. All the moving parts. They have to take physicals and things so best to do it when no one has a game.

2. He has pretty much completely seperated his self from the Nuggets when answering questions about them.

elcol

Rotation player
yeah lets not blame the player..
this aint no lebron situation its the medias fault this time.. carmelos trying to stay humble and HES the one denying the trade to nets ETC.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Report: Knicks up offer for Melo, closing in

The Knicks have reportedly upped their offer in the Carmelo Anthony trade fiasco to include Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry, and a first round pick to be acquired later for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, and what writer Marc Spears calls "fillers."
This is way more than Denver should be expecting, and New York probably won't budge from this offer at the end of the day. Because this offer is exponentially better than any actionable offer that Denver can get, or that Melo is likely to allow, look for things to start moving quickly. Separate reports have indicated that Melo should have an offer to consider by the end of the weekend, and Denver still needs to move other assets before the deadline. Reports that New Jersey had emerged as a potential or favored destination were laughable, but they may have created enough confusion out there for Knicks assets to still be marketable. Once this domino falls, look for the rest of the league's trades to start following, so owners should start making their preemptive moves, asap. Feb 18, 8:52 PM

so the reports of nj were BULLSHIT.

i can live with this deal..felton and gallo were gonna have to go in a couple years anyway, we can live without chandler as well. melo at SF with williams in the rotation is good. ill really miss gallo but he was probably leaving ny sooner or later. looks like itll be sooner.

billups
fields
melo
stat
mozgov

that lineup has potential. and theres only 1 starting replacement in the lineup (billups for felton)