Allstar Weekend Thread

STAT1

Starter
Anyone interested in talking about the Skills competitions tonight?

I wish the dunk contest were more like the old format it was so much more exciting when the elite players in the NBA would take part in this thing and there were multiple rounds and participants. I can't get excited about Blake Griffin going up against Javale McGee & Serge Ibaka, that doesn't seem like a contest. DeRozan is a dark horse tonight but I think it's pretty much a given Blake will win tonight. It's too bad Lebron thinks he's too good to participate, I think him & Blake would make for 1 helluva dunk contest.

la2ny

Starter
You knows whats funny? The thing people complain about the most is the problem.

They want change in the dunk contest or they want it scrapped alltogether. The problem isn't the format, it's the names in the contest.

If there were bigger names every year it wouldn't have lost luster over the years you know? What made the 80's special were the MJ vs. Nique battles and B4 that it was Dr.J owning, then it went down until Kobe and Vince Carter came along. After Vince there hasn't been a really BIG or MARQUEE name in the contest. This is the 1st year it's a BIG NAME player in it in a long while. If LeBron were in it tonight with Blake and Demar, this dunk contest would have more hype than "THE DECISION"

STAT1

Starter
Yeah man, those battles were EPIC! It was also cool to see the darkhorse guys come out of nowhere & shock people with some crazy dunks, guys like Tom Chambers & Spudd Webb. When Spudd Webb took out 'Nique that was 1 of the greatest dunk contests I've ever seen.

STAT1

Starter
the PG Skills Challenge has some big names taking part at least

Curry, Westbrook, Wall, Rose & CP3, that's a nice lineup of talent going up against each other.

la2ny

Starter
Damn I'd love to come out like that in front of the NY fans as the home town player...That shi would be so crazy!

STAT1

Starter
That was pretty sick, but I'm expecting a lot better in the dunks he's got in store. That Ibaka dunk was pretty crazy too, he took off from behind the free throw line, not on it. The McGee dunk had huge difficulty 2 balls dunked side by side backboards, that's nuts.

la2ny

Starter
That was pretty sick, but I'm expecting a lot better in the dunks he's got in store. That Ibaka dunk was pretty crazy too, he took off from behind the free throw line, not on it. The McGee dunk had huge difficulty 2 balls dunked side by side backboards, that's nuts.
Yeah that shocked the hell out of me. And Javales' was pretty difficult.

STAT1

Starter
Aw, that sucks he's losing steam. That first attempt looked like it was gonna be crazy, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Took the 360 out of it, too bad, that would have been ridiculous.

STAT1

Starter
Man, I'm not getting the wow factor in these dunks from McGee even though the level of difficulty is off the charts.