We kept Curry and Randolph! Predictions on next trade

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
So Melo is a Knick and yes we gave up a lot but we did manage to keep Curry and AR which are def nice pieces to acquire another talent in the 12-15 mil range. Who can we get in a trade? Obviously a center is priority number one. Dalemmbert? Meh. I'm hoping Walsh has a trick up his sleeve to solidify this team. Any ideas who we can target? Mayo maybe?

According to the Denver Post the Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman for Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Ray Felton Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks first round pick in 2014, 2 second round picks from Golden State in the David Lee trade and cash.
It’s a lot to give up, but the Knicks do hold onto Eddy Curry‘s expiring, Anthony Randolph and Landry Fields.
More to come….

MusketeerX

Rotation player
So Melo is a Knick and yes we gave up a lot but we did manage to keep Curry and AR which are def nice pieces to acquire another talent in the 12-15 mil range. Who can we get in a trade? Obviously a center is priority number one. Dalemmbert? Meh. I'm hoping Walsh has a trick up his sleeve to solidify this team. Any ideas who we can target? Mayo maybe?

No. We gave them up too. They went to Minnesota according to realgm.com.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
believe it or not -nothing. i wanna buy out Curry sauce and actually PLAY randolph we pretty much need to now i believe he can shine for us in this system and now we need players on a fairly thin bench; PLAY randolph we wont regret it ,

p0nder

Starter
lol i'm not even gonna grill you cause i know you made this thread out of the pure excitement of this moment. gonna be a sick playoffs.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Curry and Randolph went to Minny. It was the only way tis trade could work, numbers wise.

Denver probably got another 1st from Minny.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
lol i'm not even gonna grill you cause i know you made this thread out of the pure excitement of this moment. gonna be a sick playoffs.

meh, not my fault ESPN made no mention and TKB stated we kept them as per the quote I provided.

STAT1

Starter
ESPN is making no mention of AR & Curry to MIN.

If that's the case, then I'm gonna say we trade them for Dalembert or Camby.

tiger0330

Legend
Brewer to Denver. AR and Curry to MN. Kind of expected this, desperation negotiating on the part of the Knicks. Other than signing Barron, this is our team for good or bad for the rest of the season.

Knicks finally land Anthony
Marc J. Spears

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 2 minutes ago

* tweet0
* Email
* Print

The Denver Nuggets have finally completed their long-awaited trade to send Carmelo Anthony(notes) to the New York Knicks.

The Knicks are sending Danilo Gallinari(notes), Raymond Felton(notes), Wilson Chandler(notes), the Knicks? 2014 first-round pick, two second-round picks New York acquired from the Golden State Warriors in the David Lee sign-and-trade and $3 million. The Knicks will also trade Anthony Randolph(notes) and Eddy Curry?s(notes) expiring contract to the Minnesota Timberwolves, who will send Corey Brewer(notes) to the Nuggets. The Knicks will receive Anthony, Chauncey Billups(notes), Shelden Williams(notes) and Renaldo Balkman(notes).
More From Marc J. Spears

* Kobe commands All-Star stage again Feb 21, 2011
* Knicks revise offer for Anthony Feb 21, 2011

The Nuggets requested on Saturday that the Knicks also include center Timofey Mozgov(notes) in their trade package and New York complied.

?I?m extremely happy for ?Melo,? said Anthony?s agent, Leon Rose. ?We are very appreciative to the Denver Nuggets organization for their efforts in assisting ?Melo to get to New York. ?Melo is excited and looking forward to playing for the Knicks.?

The Nuggets want to reroute two Knicks to the New Jersey Nets as part of a separate deal, including Felton and Mozgov, sources said. The Nets badly want to get rid of Devin Harris and have discussed a three-team with Denver and Dallas that would send Harris to the Mavericks, and bring Felton and Mozgov to New Jersey, sources said.

The Nets are considering sending Harris and Troy Murphy to Portland for Andre Miller and Joel Przybilla, but sources say that deal?s on the backburner. New Jersey would prefer Felton over Miller, sources say.

Nuggets president Josh Kroenke and general manager Masai Ujiri had initially preferred the Nets? offer for Anthony, which was built around rookie forward Derrick Derrick Favors(notes) and four first-round draft picks, but Anthony was unwilling to commit to signing a contract extension with the Nets.

Nuggets coach George Karl had pushed team officials to make the deal with the Knicks over a straight trade with the Nets because it would better position the Nuggets to contend for the playoffs this season, a source with knowledge of Denver?s plans said.

The Denver Post first reported the trade?s completion.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Brewer is a nice addition, though. He's going to be a solid 6th man in this system, he's athletic, plays defense, and has length.

Billups
Fields
CARMELO
AMAR'E
Turiaf

G - Douglas
G - Walker
G/F - Brewer
F - Shawne Williams
F - Renaldo Balkman
F/C - Shelden Williams