Who is our number 1 option now?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Melo or STAT?

I say Melo, he is a pure scorer and will be the number one option and our finisher. Is this instantly Melos team alongside Amare or does he have to put in dues as Knick?

PS Billiups should be really good(if he is not bought out) for the next 2 years.

la2ny

Starter
Melo or STAT?

I say Melo, he is a pure scorer and will be the number one option and our finisher. Is this instantly Melos team alongside Amare or does he have to put in dues as Knick?

PS Billiups should be really good(if he is not bought out) for the next 2 years.
Well I think its an equal share type deal. Until the end of a close game then I believe it has to be Melo as he can make plays off the dribble as opposed to having to keep seeing Amare force it into someones chest.

Well I think its an equal share type deal. Until the end of a close game then I believe it has to be Melo as he can make plays off the dribble as opposed to having to keep seeing Amare force it into someones chest.

End of quarters and games. Did any one else get a little tired of seeing Felton handle it and get nothing most times? Melo should be good on at least half of these opportunities...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Wow.. we get to actually have this convo. Amazing how far we've come..

For now it's Amare as Melo gets fully acclimated. Long-term, I'm really not sure..

WrongIslander

Rotation player
It's Stats team, it takes more than being the number 1 option to be a leader. The number 1 option is your best scorer, your most clutch player, that man is Melo and that's exactly why we just traded what we did for him to be exactly that!

STAT1

Starter
STAT & Melo will share an equal amount of touches but it will be Melo w/the ball in his hands in the closing seconds of a game if we need a game winning shot.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Definitely Melo. I'm wondering if he'll actually move the ball in the system. If he moves the ball, they will score a lot of points... that is... while the starting line-up is out there.

We have no legitimate center on this team, anymore. Scary.

iSaYughh

Starter
Closing games out, and as a general rule, its Melo. Unless Amare isnt being blanketed (like he always has been). Melo will free him. Ideally you feed to STAT. Unreal finishing %s from.where we will be looking to have him.

In actuality Amare will get a lot of crunch time opportunities, even if Melo is option1.

It will be pretty balanced ultimately...imo.

It will be interesting to see if Fields assumes a #3 role..

STAT1

Starter
Chauncey & Fields will get their share of open shooting opportunities with teams keying in on Melo & STAT every night. It's gonna be great to see this team grow together. We finally have a real team we can be proud of.

KingCharles34

All Star
Gotta go with whos got the easier matchup and whos more efficient on that particular night. You cant really have the same number one option every night when u got melo and stat on the same team.