Your Playoff Prediction: How far can we go w our 2 stars?

Look guys i'm a huge knicks fan, and they are my 2nd favorite team behind Miami but reality is there is now way they can win the eastern conference unless they become a defensive minded team. No team has ever gotten to the finals let alone won an nba championship focusing soley on offense so for the knicks to be able to compete with Bostons, the miami's and the chicago's they need to adapt a defensive mindset and D'antoni may not like it but those are the facts and Carmelo is purely a scorer nothing else really, while other top players in the league play both sides defense and offense. The knicks have a great offense but without defense it doesn't mean anything.

Depends on what happens at the deadline. I wanna see what else we do. I'd love Mayo, but we'll see. I think the worst thing for teams is if they start clicking. Honestly, this team is more talented than some of those phx teams. You give D'antoni two guys like this, with a savvy vet, with game like Billups, could be huge problems for any team.

Perfect world, we'd end up with mayo, give us another ball handler n scoring..... Yikes.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Look guys i'm a huge knicks fan, and they are my 2nd favorite team behind Miami but reality is there is now way they can win the eastern conference unless they become a defensive minded team. No team has ever gotten to the finals let alone won an nba championship focusing soley on offense so for the knicks to be able to compete with Bostons, the miami's and the chicago's they need to adapt a defensive mindset and D'antoni may not like it but those are the facts and Carmelo is purely a scorer nothing else really, while other top players in the league play both sides defense and offense. The knicks have a great offense but without defense it doesn't mean anything.

Basically. Hes hopping on the bandwagon. EARLY

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Get out.

There's no such damn thing as being a Knicks fan and a Heat fan at the same time. It'd be like being both a Ravens fan and a Steelers fan.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And honestly the real fear for me wasn't the Nuggets trading him to New Jersey but rather a late team like the Mavericks getting into the deal and trading for him.

My biggest fear the entire time wasn't that he was going to go play for the Nets and win 30 games a year for the next 3 years. My biggest fear was that eventually the Mavs would come up with a deal as good as ours if we low-balled Denver, the Nuggets would trade him there without the extension and then Cuban convinces Melo to sign and we're screwed because we weren't willing to give up Gallinari+Felton+Chandler+Mozgov (Curry and AR were throw-ins, let's admit it).

Imagine how sad it would be if Melo got traded to Dallas and then signed the extension with them in the off-season (which I believe he would've been allowed to do) after reaching the NBA Finals with the Mavericks?

The Knicks would've been the absolute jokes of the NBA if we truly had a chance to get Carmelo and we passed on it. Yes, we can go on and on about how it would've been amazing if we could've swindled Denver but the more I think about it, we would've shot ourselves for not doing this deal.

Same as how we shot ourselves for not trading David Lee for that Memphis pick (or something to that extent) that could've gotten us Russell Westbrook.

We made a move, it's a RELATIVELY fair deal considering Carmelo is a superstar and one of the best players in the game, and we'll have to live with it.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thought I'd bring this one back so everyone could see where we stand. Plus some of you haven't weighed in..

I stand by my prediction. I still think we can defy expectations and get to the ECF w this squad.

This is what MDA'S teams do. We're really becoming what we can be -- a good team! :thumbsup:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
We will be lucky if we win one game in first round. That's all I hope for since we haven't won a playoff game since 2002 I think.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I still feel the same way about our playoff run, and that is I just expect to give our 1st round opponent a tough series, possibly forcing a Game 7 where anything can happen. Those are realisitc expectations for this team, this year IMO.