Carmelo=Bob McAdoo?

STAT1

Starter
Make way for the new King

bernard-king-new-york-knicks-crown-garden-autographed-photograph-3364338.jpg

la2ny

Starter
Well they released the stat on ESPN when they announced the trade saying he's the 1st Knick to average what he does since Bob. But, Bob is a HOF so thats a great compliment. Though in no way am I saying he's Bob.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
its not like we played defense before getting melo anyways...

This team isn't built to win this year regardless

la2ny

Starter
its not like we played defense before getting melo anyways...

This team isn't built to win this year regardless
Exactly. But of course there will be questions just like it was with Amar'e :shrug:

EDIT:Heres a fun fact. Carmelo is the only active player in the NBA that has averaged over 20ppg in 7 straight years since being a rookie and his team make the playoffs each one of those years.The others are all hof...

Last edited:
Well they released the stat on ESPN when they announced the trade saying he's the 1st Knick to average what he does since Bob. But, Bob is a HOF so thats a great compliment. Though in no way am I saying he's Bob.

Bob did nothing for the Knicks at all.

Spencer Haywood was once thought of as a superstar.

Neither played much D or rebounded.

Those were two great players together that produced nothing.

This team pales in comparison to Frazier, Barnett, Reed, DeBusschere, and Bradley.

STAT1

Starter
Bernard King deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I like Bill Bradley his stats are kind of pathetic compared to Bernard's.

Bradley was playing with much better players so he didn't have as many scoring opportunities, King was pretty much carrying the Knicks in his time here so his stats would obviously be more impressive. If you compare King's career #'s to Melo's tho you will see Melo compares favorably & that's even playing with a good amount of talent. Melo will be a Hall of Fame player someday himself.

knicksin60

Starter
Funny how right after the Knicks acquire Carmelo Anthony we get flooded with Heat, Celtics, Bulls, Lakers and Nets trolls.

Bradley was playing with much better players so he didn't have as many scoring opportunities, King was pretty much carrying the Knicks in his time here so his stats would obviously be more impressive. If you compare King's career #'s to Melo's tho you will see Melo compares favorably & that's even playing with a good amount of talent. Melo will be a Hall of Fame player someday himself.

Bernard was a much more dynamic player than Bradley, more athletic, and could get his shot off anytime he wanted.

Bradley was a great scorer in college and I think this helped him get into the Hall as well as being a two time NBA champion as well as his intelligence.

It is a joke that Bernard King is not in the Hall of Fame.

STAT1

Starter
Bernard was a much more dynamic player than Bradley, more athletic, and could get his shot off anytime he wanted.

Bradley was a great scorer in college and I think this helped him get into the Hall as well as being a two time NBA champion as well as his intelligence.

It is a joke that Bernard King is not in the Hall of Fame.

I agree with you Bernard should definitely be in the HOF, he was the Carmelo Anthony of those days, the guy was a pure scorer. I can't comment much about Bradley I've never seen the guy play, I just know he played with much more talented teammates so he had to share his touches more than King had to. Anyway it's hard to compare players from different eras. I'm just happy we got a new King of NY!

I agree with you Bernard should definitely be in the HOF, he was the Carmelo Anthony of those days, the guy was a pure scorer. I can't comment much about Bradley I've never seen the guy play, I just know he played with much more talented teammates so he had to share his touches more than King had to. Anyway it's hard to compare players from different eras. I'm just happy we got a new King of NY!

Too bad you missed the greatest team with a capital T possibly in all of sports.

The Knicks championship teams of 1970 and 1973 were a very unselfish team and all of the players moved without the ball.

There were basically no isolations and one on one ball that you see today.

The team defense was unbelievably great.

How I miss those Knick teams.

oh, yes a goofy tall guy with wide shoulders was a role player that became a coach that broke Auerbach's championship record.

I still hate the Fakers though.

STAT1

Starter
Yeah, I wish I had the opportunity to see those Knicks championship teams, I've heard so many things about them. I love a team that plays true team oriented where there's no 1 guy that has to carry the load, unfortunately in today's world it's a star players' league. You have to change with the times. Melo is gonna represent this franchise great, I have no doubt about it in my mind. STAT & Amare, I love the sound of it. :)

The toughest piece of the puzzle is going to find a decent big man.

I like DeAndre Jordan.

History shows that having two great scorers but a poor defensive club does not win.

The saddest thing about this is that Walsh was not running this trade and that maggot Isiah came back in from under the cracks.

Walsh will probably walk away. I know I would.

Too bad because we need him to finish what he started.

STAT1

Starter
The toughest piece of the puzzle is going to find a decent big man.

I like DeAndre Jordan.

History shows that having two great scorers but a poor defensive club does not win.

The saddest thing about this is that Walsh was not running this trade and that maggot Isiah came back in from under the cracks.

Walsh will probably walk away. I know I would.

Too bad because we need him to finish what he started.

Donnie's comments about the trade he didn't sound like a man who planned on walking out because of Isiah's involvement. It sounded like he was on board with the move to trade for Melo because he didn't think he could get Melo in free agency. Who knows if that's just lip service but I am guessing a man like DW who has nothing to prove to anyone could easily walk if he wasn't on board with this move right now & get rehired by any NBA franchise out there, but he hasn't.

DrB

Benchwarmer
The Big stat is a championship

Bernard King deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I like Bill Bradley his stats are kind of pathetic compared to Bernard's.
Don't get me wrong I loved Bernard and his sensational quick release jump shot and speed driving to the hole...BUT...you are not comparing apples to apples when comparing BERNARD to DOLLAR BILL.
Bradley was a genious for making everyone around him better and being a perfect cog in that CHAMPANIONSHIP team. Dollar Bill's role was to WIN games by "hitting the open man".
Bernards role was getting 50 points and to 60 points if he had too.
Numbers are just that...winning is everything. Do I care if MELO and AMARE get 25 points each or more on the opener and Boston wins....you get my drift

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
Too bad you missed the greatest team with a capital T possibly in all of sports.

The Knicks championship teams of 1970 and 1973 were a very unselfish team and all of the players moved without the ball.

There were basically no isolations and one on one ball that you see today.

The team defense was unbelievably great.

How I miss those Knick teams.

oh, yes a goofy tall guy with wide shoulders was a role player that became a coach that broke Auerbach's championship record.

I still hate the Fakers though.

wow an oldtimer like me ....yeah i remember those days ....what a great passing team that was ..... will never forget Willis coming out of the tunnel game 7 and draging his leg up and down the court that night he hit his first two shots and the garden when wild..... clyde had 36 points 19 assist!!!!!
I was a 12year old kid at the time

Last edited: