Collins replacing Marbury in the starting line up (tonight)

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
WoW

-----
New York Daily News -
Knicks point guard Stephon Marbury was conspicuously AWOL from this Tuesday morning's team practice, putting his Knicks' tenure in jeopardy and throwing the team's season into chaos.

On the day the Daily News reported that the club had decided to reduce Marbury's role and may be discussing severing ties with the Brooklyn-bred hoops star, head coach Isiah Thomas informed the media at this morning's shootaround that second-year guard Mardy Collins will replace Marbury in the starting lineup Tuesday against the Suns.

Thomas also said that everyone on the team is on notice and hinted that center Eddy Curry may be benched against Phoenix.

According to a team source, Marbury became upset after learning he would not start in Phoenix, at which point he threatened not to suit up for the game.

"Any type of penalty or suspension will be in-house and we'll try to keep it within the confines of our team. This is an in-house matter with our team and we'll keep it and leave it at that," Thomas told reporters today. "We hope to see (Marbury) tonight at the game. However, if he's not, make no mistake about it, we want him as a member of our basketball team." [READ] -----

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49157/20071113/marbury_awol_for_tuesdays_practice/

I like this stuff with Zeke benching the players he thinks are not playing to their best ability, and for the sake of the team. Marbury is gone, Curry still may have a shot in NY but he's gotta show up defencivly and be on the boards every night consistantly. I like Mardy as our point guard, Distributing and Defencivly. I just hope we don't miss Marbury's points and the fouls he gets called on other teams driving to the basket. I hope Curry gets benched for the first half and plays the second half like a man on a mission!

Starks

Starter
WOW.

I don't think he uderstands what he is doing. Abandoning the team during a 4 game West coast trip that could very well set the pace for the rest of the year is grounds for dismal on any team in any league unless it was a personal matter (like death if family)

Marbury, if he shows up, is going to get a nasty greeting at the Garden. I don't see how he can rebound for this. This is career suicide for him at this point.

No one respects him.
GMs laugh at him.
And the media probably hate him the most.

He's only going to be a hired gun for a team like the CAVs or Celtics to sign, and I think Boston is better off with Rondo.

I think its finally time for Knicks to stop shoving Marbury down our throats and just realize he is wanted here any more.

Now where can i buy a Mardy Collins Jersey?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
lol. So were are the "Marburysexuals" TO protect him now. That is seriously unsportsman like, Marbury= a trade! Mardy deserves a start for his defense something that Marbury should learn how to do, but he is just to old to learn now. ! I am happy because when AI refused to play he got traded so its now a high possibility of him getting kicked out of New York.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I pray that Marbury does the right thing and apologizes for missing practice. He was the best player last year from January on. I'm suprised that Marburys starting job was in danger before Crawfords. Now it looks like Marbury will be gone but Crawford should be the one kicked off the team.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Why Crawford he can actually coexist a team together unlike Marbury. Look at the chemistry he has with EC....

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I pray that Marbury does the right thing and apologizes for missing practice. He was the best player last year from January on. I'm suprised that Marburys starting job was in danger before Crawfords. Now it looks like Marbury will be gone but Crawford should be the one kicked off the team.

Neither of them play much defense or can be counted on to rise up at crunch time. They are both turnover prone and make bad decisions when it really matters, but Marbury is like a cancer. Crawford is at least a likable person and not a basketball illiterate with mental health issues.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have to admit, there isnt much difference between Crawford and Marbury in terms of playing defense or even having the ability to score, BUT crawford doesn't have a bad reputation outside of basketball and is generally liked by the league and the team. With that said, the only things GMs might say bout him is that he needs to improve his defense and be a little more composed at times. You have to admit, the guy can shoot and break some ankles.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Good for Isiah

Isiah has been talking defense since day one of training camp.

He has said repeatedly that whoever is playing the best defense will get the most minutes. It is just that no one took him seriously.

In my opinion, he waited too long, if anything, to follow through on this. However, better late than never. It is not Isiah's job to get Marbury or Curry to play defense - that is Marbury and Curry's job. They either do it or they don't. It is clear to me that Curry is beginning to try. It is just that he is basically a rookie on defense.

Isiah's job is to teach defense, if Marbury and Curry choose to learn it.

I can live with giving Randolph Morris and Wilson Chandler more court time. They are both raw, but are learning quickly. David Lee needs some work on his defensive footwork and use of his hands - he is a bit too passive and does not help in the lane well; although he is fairly good in the post defense.

I can live with Mardy Collins, Fred Jones, and Nate running the offense if Marbury wants to just launch threes, fail to push the ball, and play going through the motions defense.

paris401

Starter
He's only going to be a hired gun for a team like the CAVs or Celtics to sign, and I think Boston is better off with Rondo.
?

boston is playing pretty well .. why would they want 'towelhead' i don't see him adding anything to the team... the cav's certainly need help... but i don't think 'towelhead' is the answer...

and let's not forget the large chain (or is it an anchor) he carries around... a $42m contract...

metrocard

Legend
lol. So were are the "Marburysexuals" TO protect him now. That is seriously unsportsman like, Marbury= a trade! Mardy deserves a start for his defense something that Marbury should learn how to do, but he is just to old to learn now. ! I am happy because when AI refused to play he got traded so its now a high possibility of him getting kicked out of New York.

Right here.

Listen up, Mardy Collins isn't 100%. You jump ahead of yourself with your personal bias. Mardy Collins got hurt yesterday cause Isiah is a dumbass who rushes everything. Collins didn't get a lot of burn, but all of sudden he starts? LOL...silly Isiah, putting our players in the worst possition.

I'm training to be a trainer...maybe I should apply for the Knicks, because Hines is the worst...all our guys are getting banged up, what the hell is he doing?

Marbury played defense last year; too bad you weren't there to witness it.

Marbury is playing good basketball, have you even watched at least one game this season? He's the least of our problems.

Why Crawford he can actually coexist a team together unlike Marbury. Look at the chemistry he has with EC....

Yeh, I love their chemistry on defense, turning the ball over and being completely one dementional on offense. The NBA isn't 2 on 2, its 5 on 5.

co-sign, but we gotta read more into the whole story. Right now the media sent out some non-sense story, Isiah is doing PR tricks, and Marbury is being personal and emotion. We don't have enough information right now. Anyway, its hurt the team and killing the chemistry, everyone is at fault right now, from Isiah to the trainer to Marbury to Spike Lee...we just have to evulate later till we get more information.

Anyone impressed by Chandler last night against the Suns? He has amazing agility.

David Lee doesn't look the same...I want him to lose 10-20 pounds...then gain 10 pounds of muscle and be at 240...similar to Carlos Boozer. Lee has to improve his body composition. I hate seeing him get out muscled by Stoudmire when Lee is clearly the most skilled and aware player in the paint and for rebounding.