Votes: 6 28.6%
  • We have enough offense between STAT & Melo but could be good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We need a perimeter defender, not a scorer

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
Agreed. Been there, done that with this guy. I say keep Toney. We've got enough scoring. I'm also concerned how this guy's freelance-type game would influence Iman Shumpert's game. Shump's got all the tools but one thing coming outta Georgia Tech that he really needs to improve is his shot selection. Crawford's shot selection has always been terrible..I wouldn't want Shump to look at this guy everyday and think it's OK to bomb away and force it like Crawford does..If Toney's gonna go in a deal, I want a better player than Crawford.

Your are funny if you think JC will just be launching up shots with Amare and Melo on the team. You are basing your comments on what you saw when he was a knick and was counted on to score. Change your logic. JC isn't a scrub and if you put him in a situation where he's just a role player then he's even better (See 6th man of the year). He may not be a great defender but he puts plenty of pressure on the opposing defense.

Can't believe you think the team as its constructed now would even allow anyone other than Amare and Melo to be freelance scorers. If so, then blame the coach!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The New York Knicks are working hard to get Jamal Crawford. Andy Miller, Crawford?s agent, is working really hard to get Crawford back to the Knicks.

But unless he?s willing to take a big paycut, it?s not going to happen. The Knicks have already offered Crawford their mini mid-level of $2.5 million according to the New York Post. Crawford thought this would be a big payday for him and wants more (and frankly deserves more, his market value is higher than that).

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....want-jamal-crawford-dont-bet-on-it-happening/

Red

TYPE-A
I always liked JC. He just didn't have the right pieces around him when he was here before. In a way... I'm more confident in aquiring him over the T.Chandler deal.

Why?

Simply because the Knicks have a long history of signing big men who are injury prone. I still don't know why Dallas let go of TC...in a league where big men are scarce. They must know something we don't.

Crawford off the bench or mixed in with the starters is an improvement at the SG.

1. Because they got burned with the last like 5 or 6 bigs they extended

2. Because Cuban has dreams of D12

Please tell me you're not complaining about acquiring one of the best defensive centers for our team.

I see it like this...

Billups was resigned to provide a salary match for either CP3 or D12. Without an assurance we could get them, we pulled the trigger on the next best center. Can't ask for much more for Billups.

Or, for Chandler, Gallo, Felton, Curry, Mozgov, Randolph, Turiaf, Rautins, a 1st and 2nd rounder...

We got Melo and Tyson Chandler.

Our plan was 3 stars and filler. Although not our 1st choice, we wound up with 3 stars and filler. We win.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Your are funny if you think JC will just be launching up shots with Amare and Melo on the team. You are basing your comments on what you saw when he was a knick and was counted on to score. Change your logic. JC isn't a scrub and if you put him in a situation where he's just a role player then he's even better (See 6th man of the year). He may not be a great defender but he puts plenty of pressure on the opposing defense.

Can't believe you think the team as its constructed now would even allow anyone other than Amare and Melo to be freelance scorers. If so, then blame the coach!

he was still a chucker in Atlanta, shooting 42% from the field. And u want him as the starting point guard on a team that is prone to giving up easy baskets? One of the Knicks issues defensively wasn't just the standard D, it was the poor shot selection leading to breakouts and easy layups for the opposing team and is rather demoralizing from a mental standpoint (classic Melo possession actually).

On paper... the addition of T.Chandler looks marvelous. However, he had alot of problems last year with his legs. I just fear our coach will burn him out before the playoffs. If we can slow the tempo down we should be fine. We have enough offensive talent to change up our game now. It's not like we still have mediocre players. We can actually design some plays and preserve some energy.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We made a house call to his hometown of Seattle. he would "love" to come back to the knicks, and were trying to get him to come on the 2.5mil deal IF we can do that i'd be pure gold and this offseason will have shot us up to top contention right there next to MIA and CHI.

Davis or Douglas( though i want Douglas to start )

Fields

Melo

STAT

Chandler

and Crawford as the 6th man. incredible with Shump coming in with Crawford.

KingCharles34

All Star
Looks like Jamal is going to Indy, they offered him a 2 year/10 milli deal

So now that the Pacers are good again, does this mean Larry Bird is a good gm

The answer is no, in my opinion. Ill have to see what he does over the next year or two before i change my opinion

iSaYughh

Starter

The answer is no, in my opinion. Ill have to see what he does over the next year or two before i change my opinion

A shrewd move for Indy.

I'm not too familiar with Indy off top of my head, what does that give them now?

Collison
Crawford
Granger
West
Hibbert
6th Hansborough

That could be a feisty ass team if so, primed for growth with how young they are. Especially if they snag AK-47 or Mayo to bolster their 6th and 7th men.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

So who do we go for now.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
A shrewd move for Indy.

I'm not too familiar with Indy off top of my head, what does that give them now?

Collison
Crawford
Granger
West
Hibbert
6th Hansborough

That could be a feisty ass team if so, primed for growth with how young they are. Especially if they snag AK-47 or Mayo to bolster their 6th and 7th men.

You forgot Paul George, they're already loaded with young talent.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Jamal is a problem

Well if we do it I pray we start either Bibby/Fields or Shumpert/Crawford nonetheless as good as STAT and Melo are offensively, we need another perimeter threat. Crawford will mainly be our option guy for the start of the 2nd and 4th quarters while Melo rests for the last 6-8minutes. If we get Crawford I guess that means bye bye to Shawne Williams and JJ Barea but who knows at this point, we went from being conservative to outright animals in the open market in a matter of hours and I'm loving it

Crawford is a very good perimeter shooter who looks for his shots all the time but this is not necessary from a PG or SG with Amare and Melo. He could be a Havilchek type 6th man option to juice the offense while resting a MELO. He's expensive, he's a matador defensive player...and while the knicks needed his regular season talents in the past I am not sure we need him come playoff time. He is an old dog and we need a new dog with new DEFENSIVE tricks. I just read Crawford is going to Indiana....that's fine.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
O'well, Crawford was a good 6th man option- maybe one of the best available.

Now he has to deal with Shump all over him like a cheap suit.

Roll with us or get rolled over. Its that simple!

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The only reason I would want Crawford to be signed now is because Shawne Williams might sign with another team. Three Point shooting is important on the Knicks and Crawford is needed that much more.

Now we hope Bill Walker pulls of a season Shawne William had last season.

iSaYughh

Starter
Apparently he turned down their offer... Either he wanna play here badly or the money wasn't what it was reported to be.

Shit. Who knows at this pt...but the former seems pretty likely....For what we'd be paying and what we need, getting Jamal would be toptop. Wonder if we get end up getting both Jamal and Baron Davis before the season kicks off?

Btw, re: Pacers, you meant George Hill, ya? Forgot about that dude. Indy really is loaded with young talent top to bottom.