Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Utah Jazz 10:30 1/19/2018 [Game #46]

Kiyaman

Legend
Too much faith in the rook Ntilikina. He belongs in the G-League to develop his game.

Frank should have played the SG spot tonight instead of giving Lee 36 minutes of playingtime .. Burke is the best quick moving play making PG on our roster .. Frank n Burke should be our tandem backcourt off the bench because both could run the point n keep the ball movement

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 27

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Stat-Sheet Tig ....
The Jazz out rebounded the Knicks 52 - 36 .. if if if the Knicks didn't shoot 49% fg and 55% from the 3 ball line compared to the Jazz poor shooting of 46% fg and 35% from the 3 ball line this would have been another Knicks road game.

10:30 start ended up being way too late for me to watch the 2nd half. Seems like we got a nice win lead by THJ?s ridiculous 3 point shooting. 5 minutes of playing time for Ntilikina is maybe the most interesting stat of the game to me. Burke looks like he basically stole his rotation spot in the 2nd half.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I had to tape the game as well....10 point lead down the stretch evaporated almost gave this one away...THjr player of the game but almost cost us the game with 2 big missed free throws...Jazz had multiple wide open 3 attempts to tie the game and send it to OT. And yes Trey Burke stole Franks minutes...And when will KP be able to play starter minutes as he sat for a large portion of the 2nd half?????

mafra

Legend
This game was an historic one for KP, however. He joined GOAT-level players Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwon and Anthony Davis in being the only players to lead the league in blocks per game while averaging as many as 23.6 points. Nice one, KP!

jimkcchief88

All Star
This game was an historic one for KP, however. He joined GOAT-level players Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hakeem Olajuwon and Anthony Davis in being the only players to lead the league in blocks per game while averaging as many as 23.6 points. Nice one, KP!

The blocks are awesome, But you can?t mention KP on that list with the limited minutes and complaining to the media about being ?tired.? That?s the reason he?s not starting in the all-star game because he still plays ?gimmick player minutes? not ?franchise player? minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend

Hello .. The 18-27 LOTTERY Jazz team are underachieving bums .. the Jazz need a new head coach with a plan just as much or more than our Knicks need a new headcoach ..
KP played 16 good minutes on the court last night, KP fumbling n bumbling in the other 15 minutes almost cost the Knicks the win.
Don't ever put KP low b.ball IQ name in the same sentence with super star legends on the court. KP had 2 rebounds in 31 minute of playingtime last night .. Rubio boxed-out KP for a rebound. KP not letting Lee take the technical shot showed u what type of player KP is !!!
Watching the Utah Jazz performance last night showed me why The Jazz depend on a rookie to win games this season .. The Jazz are discombobulated having two bum veteran players in their rotation Rubio n Joe Johnson. It's easy for Jazz opponents to grab a 10 or more point lead in the first half of the game, and coast through the 2nd half on defense alone for the win.
Our coach Hornacek is a BUM who hasnt formed one cohesive offense/defense lineup in 46 games having 16 players on our roster.

Sunday game VS the Lakers may be difficult for the Knicks to win because coach Luke Walton is not a pushover, Luke Walton will see all of Hornacek coaching weakness in the first half of the game to take complete control in the 2nd half.
The Lakers like a lot of Knicks opponents will take big advantage of the Knicks 2 low b.ball IQ weak players (KP n Lee) who are Hornacek most minute players (35 minute) in the rotation.

Broadway

All Star

I really hate seeing stats like this no matter the player...it wreaks of millennial over information. Like what dots are we trying to connect here? This is why I never go to Elias Sports page for anything a bunch of Harvard Dimwitted garbage

I really hate seeing stats like this no matter the player...it wreaks of millennial over information. Like what dots are we trying to connect here? This is why I never go to Elias Sports page for anything a bunch of Harvard Dimwitted garbage

I think that grouping of KP with Kareem, Olajuwon, and AD is interesting. All 4 are elite shot blockers. No doubt in my mind KP is already elite in that sense. He blocks shots with ease. KP is a near-elite scorer, hopefully in the next couple years making the jump to elite scorer.

BUT, those other 3 guys are/were 10 to 11 rebounds per game guys for their career while KP is barely averaging 7 boards per game. That?s a big category to lack in for your 7?3? star in my mind. Sure, KP is the better 3 point shooter, but that?s what your guards and wings can also do.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
In KP?s defense, Hakeem and Kareem were 21 or 22 when they were drafted.... KP is 22 now. Also, there weren?t many stretch-4s back then.... how often is KP forced to cover guys on the perimeter, compared to those 2? Not an excuse.... last night KP had 2 rebounds and THjr had 7 or something..... KP needs to really work on owning the boards.

Anyway, the stat further reminds people that KP isn?t just a tall dude who can shoot. He?s a rare bird who is both a threat from beyond the arc and a rim protector. This, and this only, is what makes him special. There are lots of tall guys who can shoot.... but only a select few who can rain 3s and block shots. KP leads NBA in blocks and is 16th in scoring (and averages 6.8 rebounds per game)....

I think for his first year ?being the man? he?s still sort of underrated by his own fans. Just think about how the players ? his peers ? voted him to be a starter in the all star game.

He needs To get stronger, fill out his body, pass more and be a more prolific rebounder.... he needs to stay healthy and a lot of negative press he brings to himself.... he has a long way to go, but he?s still improving and projecting upwards.

It took Ewing how many years? I think he reached playoffs his 3rd season.... 4 seasons before his team finally won a round?

Let?s see where KP is in 2 years.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I think that grouping of KP with Kareem, Olajuwon, and AD is interesting. All 4 are elite shot blockers. No doubt in my mind KP is already elite in that sense. He blocks shots with ease. KP is a near-elite scorer, hopefully in the next couple years making the jump to elite scorer.

BUT, those other 3 guys are/were 10 to 11 rebounds per game guys for their career while KP is barely averaging 7 boards per game. That’s a big category to lack in for your 7’3” star in my mind. Sure, KP is the better 3 point shooter, but that’s what your guards and wings can also do.

Good points and I see the company but when seeing this it's as contrived as it gets. Like if #kporzee was averaging 23.2ppg out of the company mix he goes, then what...all of it goes out the window the profile he carries?

Like if he scores 6pts tomorrow and drops his ppg average he'll be compared to who?

Like when Klay Thompson scored 37pts in a qrt the Geeks spent more time quantifying how many dribbles(lesser fashion) he took to get the shots off. Like seriously this is how people want to view sports now? IMO people come off looking more foolish doing this to be honest

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Take for instance crap like this and I see it all the time, like all the time to the point people on higher platforms regurgitate the info

Really FIRST 1105gms? Really? Then someone like Nick Wright(host of First Things First subs it?). Man I just want to throw the whole bball sports following in rice and reset everything

mafra

Legend
Not to mention there?s still almost half a season... KP hasn?t led NBA in blocks for a full season yet(and Gobert?s injury a factor in this).... people just like to tweet odd stats, I guess.

What I feel is relevant about this tho, is that KP hasn?t let his recent shooting slump effect his defense... he?s been a fiend blocking shots lately.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree a nonsensical achievement for KP, he's leading the league with 2.4 blocks a game. Thats like giving credit to a guy being the leading hitter on a baseball team when he's batting .280. Shawn Bradley averaged 2.5 blocks over a 12 year career and we're saying its historic because a 7'3" guy is 16th in scoring and blocks less than Bradley's high mark of 4 blocks he did one year. I questioned whether KP would improve his rebounding after that Euro tournament this summer and it looks like he hasn't, so maybe like Bradley he's an elite shot blocker but a less than dominant rebounder for his size.

No one on here can claim that when we drafted KP that they really believed KP would be putting up these stats and be a virtual lock as an All-Star by his third season. He has exceeded all expectations from when he entered the league as the biggest wildcard of that draft class. His numbers just need to translate to wins.

Broadway

All Star
No one on here can claim that when we drafted KP that they really believed KP would be putting up these stats and be a virtual lock as an All-Star by his third season. He has exceeded all expectations from when he entered the league as the biggest wildcard of that draft class. His numbers just need to translate to wins.

The only stat that really matters...