Is Zack Randolph the answer?

Kiyaman

Legend
Randolph could be the Knicks answer off the bench.
But Head Coach Isiah Thomas is still experimenting with the Knicks Starting lineup just like Coach Larry Brown. We all remember my Post last offseason that the Francis & Marbury starting backcourt will be a Big Failure because its a disrepect to Crawford decent previous season.
David Lee had an outstanding decent season averaging a 10-10 season on 28 MPG while complimenting each of his teamates performance. To Start Zack Randolph over David Lee will be another disrepect to a player that earned Startership on this Knick Team by being a compliment to Marbury, Curry, Crawford, and Q.Richardson skillz & talents. Especially when Rookie Balkman Performance showed he was reliable to be the 6th Man off the bench last season.

The Signing of 6.11 Foward Jared Jefferies to the MAX MLE last offseason was the biggest downfall of this Knick Team. It was the main reason for the two expensive Buy-Outs of two final contract year players (Jalen Rose & Maurice Taylor) that could've been an asset off the bench 100% better than what Jared Jefferies performance showed. Maurice Taylor was a physical Fighter for a rebound that meshed well with Curry or Frye under Coach Larry Brown. Taylor outside shooting range worked well with Frye or Curry inside game. I'm sure that both Jalen & Taylor at the end of their contracts season would have showed some type of leadership in midseason to get this Knick Team to the Postseason games.

Coach Isiah Thomas ran a Three Guard Offense for 43 games last season that failed each time because Jalen Rose should've been apart of any Three Guard Offense that he played (Pacers-Rose, Miller, and Tinsley. or Rapters-Rose, Carter, and Williams) that had to be Isiah expectations because those Three Guard Lineups WON alot of games in the NBA. When Isiah Thomas bought-out Jalen Rose he should have lost that "Three-Guard-Offense" philosophy last season.

Before Maurice Taylor received his big contract his Skillz & Talents at the PF position were the same as Zack Randolph on a losing team (to many simularities). What happen when put with Yao & T-Mac? and then Curry and Marbury?

Do anyone remember Portland last Championship Team with Center Walton and PF Maurice Lucas that beat the Philadelphia Dr. Jay in the 1976 Finals? Portland could not WIN without PF-Maurice Lucas. And Curry is to much like Walton. However, Zack Randolph is NO comparison to Maurice Lucas hustle on the court. But David Lee second season performance plus WINNING the MVP in the Rookie/Sophmore game showed a great comparison to PF-Maurice Lucas Ambidextrous Skillz and Talents.

Is the Eastern Conference Bigmen going to let KG, Zack, and Lewis come over East and score 20 points a game? Which of the three players will they feel they can shut down?

Randolph could be the Knicks answer off the bench.
But Head Coach Isiah Thomas is still experimenting with the Knicks Starting lineup just like Coach Larry Brown. We all remember my Post last offseason that the Francis & Marbury starting backcourt will be a Big Failure because its a disrepect to Crawford decent previous season.
David Lee had an outstanding decent season averaging a 10-10 season on 28 MPG while complimenting each of his teamates performance. To Start Zack Randolph over David Lee will be another disrepect to a player that earned Startership on this Knick Team by being a compliment to Marbury, Curry, Crawford, and Q.Richardson skillz & talents. Especially when Rookie Balkman Performance showed he was reliable to be the 6th Man off the bench last season.

The Signing of 6.11 Foward Jared Jefferies to the MAX MLE last offseason was the biggest downfall of this Knick Team. It was the main reason for the two expensive Buy-Outs of two final contract year players (Jalen Rose & Maurice Taylor) that could've been an asset off the bench 100% better than what Jared Jefferies performance showed. Maurice Taylor was a physical Fighter for a rebound that meshed well with Curry or Frye under Coach Larry Brown. Taylor outside shooting range worked well with Frye or Curry inside game. I'm sure that both Jalen & Taylor at the end of their contracts season would have showed some type of leadership in midseason to get this Knick Team to the Postseason games.

Coach Isiah Thomas ran a Three Guard Offense for 43 games last season that failed each time because Jalen Rose should've been apart of any Three Guard Offense that he played (Pacers-Rose, Miller, and Tinsley. or Rapters-Rose, Carter, and Williams) that had to be Isiah expectations because those Three Guard Lineups WON alot of games in the NBA. When Isiah Thomas bought-out Jalen Rose he should have lost that "Three-Guard-Offense" philosophy last season.

Before Maurice Taylor received his big contract his Skillz & Talents at the PF position were the same as Zack Randolph on a losing team (to many simularities). What happen when put with Yao & T-Mac? and then Curry and Marbury?

Do anyone remember Portland last Championship Team with Center Walton and PF Maurice Lucas that beat the Philadelphia Dr. Jay in the 1976 Finals? Portland could not WIN without PF-Maurice Lucas. And Curry is to much like Walton. However, Zack Randolph is NO comparison to Maurice Lucas hustle on the court. But David Lee second season performance plus WINNING the MVP in the Rookie/Sophmore game showed a great comparison to PF-Maurice Lucas Ambidextrous Skillz and Talents.

Is the Eastern Conference Bigmen going to let KG, Zack, and Lewis come over East and score 20 points a game? Which of the three players will they feel they can shut down?

Francis was hurt. That is the main reason it did not work. He is all athletics. If his knees are shot, so is his game unfortunately. That is why Crawford was the better player and will continue to be. He is a better shooter.

Randolph starts because he is a better player than David Lee. Period.

The fact you think Taylor and Randolph are near same level is crazy. Mo never had Zach's mobility or handle, and Zach has every strength of Taylor's.
ZBO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taylor.
Why are we even talking about 90 year old Jalen Rose?

Was born in 78, don't know nothin bout Protland 76.

You can't shut down any of these guys. Can contain em all however.

Kiyaman

Legend
I was talking about Mo Taylor performance before he received that luxury contract of $12 mill per.

I just use the Bill Walton & Maurice Lucas Snerio to make a point about their first season as Starters was none successful, but their Second Season they tore a new hole in every BIGMAN lineup in the NBA. They made Kareem, Kermit Washington, and Wilks look like a struggling lineup when they met.

Zack Randolph is a good piece to add on this Knicks Talented (TWO-UNIT) Team, the long deep depth of talent on this Knick Roster is hard to believe that the last three Seasons it has been hard to get over a 33 WIN season.

It is obvious to the quack of a Duck that Head Coach Isiah Thomas will make Zack Randolph a STARTER his first game playing with the Knicks to prove something to the Sports Media (Ego), and to get on the good side of Zack Randolph.
It has become obvious that it does not matter how bad Zack may play alongside STARTERS Marbury, Crawford, and Curry throughout Training-Camp, Preseason, and every practice session before the regular season start.
Because it did not matter last season how bad Francis and Frye (or Jefferies) played as Starters alongside of Marbury & Curry.

All I'm saying is it's not a good thing to throw Zack out to the Wolves (N.Y. Media) and expect him to be dominating in a short length of time with new teammates over players like Bosh, Ben, Gooden, Haslem, J.O'Neal, Howard, KG, Wallace, Okafor, Collins, etc., thats like expecting a half dressed around the way HOTTIE to change her dress code to a Church gurl over night cause you are now dating her. It's not happening!
Especially when Zack Randolph Stat Sheet in assists, Steals, Blockshots, Turnovers, shots per game, and MPG, says do not Start this guy anytime soon with the likes of Curry, Marbury, and Crawford style of play (maybe midseason).

The Knicks are in dieing need of a Head Coach that thinks "What is BEST for the success of the Team"...

George M.

Benchwarmer
I was talking about Mo Taylor performance before he received that luxury contract of $12 mill per.

I just use the Bill Walton & Maurice Lucas Snerio to make a point about their first season as Starters was none successful, but their Second Season they tore a new hole in every BIGMAN lineup in the NBA. They made Kareem, Kermit Washington, and Wilks look like a struggling lineup when they met.

Zack Randolph is a good piece to add on this Knicks Talented (TWO-UNIT) Team, the long deep depth of talent on this Knick Roster is hard to believe that the last three Seasons it has been hard to get over a 33 WIN season.

It is obvious to the quack of a Duck that Head Coach Isiah Thomas will make Zack Randolph a STARTER his first game playing with the Knicks to prove something to the Sports Media (Ego), and to get on the good side of Zack Randolph.
It has become obvious that it does not matter how bad Zack may play alongside STARTERS Marbury, Crawford, and Curry throughout Training-Camp, Preseason, and every practice session before the regular season start.
Because it did not matter last season how bad Francis and Frye (or Jefferies) played as Starters alongside of Marbury & Curry.

All I'm saying is it's not a good thing to throw Zack out to the Wolves (N.Y. Media) and expect him to be dominating in a short length of time with new teammates over players like Bosh, Ben, Gooden, Haslem, J.O'Neal, Howard, KG, Wallace, Okafor, Collins, etc., thats like expecting a half dressed around the way HOTTIE to change her dress code to a Church gurl over night cause you are now dating her. It's not happening!
Especially when Zack Randolph Stat Sheet in assists, Steals, Blockshots, Turnovers, shots per game, and MPG, says do not Start this guy anytime soon with the likes of Curry, Marbury, and Crawford style of play (maybe midseason).

The Knicks are in dieing need of a Head Coach that thinks "What is BEST for the success of the Team"...
It seems to me that you are a quack of a duck of a poster on this here forum! Why don't you log onto YOUTUBE and type in Zach Randolph and check out what he can do!Especially the games against Detroit (2 of them) and his Cool Pass Move highlights.IMO this team will go to the playoffs! And if we add Artest w/o giving up alot,we will make serious noise this coming season!!!!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I haven't read this much nonsense on this forum in a long time. Your logic is filled with obvious flaws. It's like a huge lie surrounded by a crust of truth.

Putting aside the fact that you believe Randolph should back up Lee, which in it's self would make you the worse GM in the league, your statement comparing Randolph to Mo Taylor is absurd! Mo Taylor was and is a bum! There's a reason why he was bought out. All-star players don't get bought out. Zach doesn't have to dominate. That's Curry's job. Zach needs to rebound and put up a few points and sense rebounding isn't one of Curry's strengths, Zach should fit in appropriately. We all saw how siked Marbury was about getting Zach. This was the best move Thomas has made yet and with a healthy Q this team will be tuff to defend. We've got too many weapons. Which is why I want to bring in Artest and bench Crawford. That would mean even more offensive weapons on the bench.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
i totally agree with donchris on this one... curry and zbo are complimentary pieces and anybody who don't think so is about to get owned... lee will be in the mix but not as a starter, you can't start him over zbo until he can out-j zbo... oh, and get off the mo taylor wagon, the wheels fell off it a long time ago...

metrocard

Legend
I haven't read this much nonsense on this forum in a long time. Your logic is filled with obvious flaws. It's like a huge lie surrounded by a crust of truth.

Putting aside the fact that you believe Randolph should back up Lee, which in it's self would make you the worse GM in the league, your statement comparing Randolph to Mo Taylor is absurd! Mo Taylor was and is a bum! There's a reason why he was bought out. All-star players don't get bought out. Zach doesn't have to dominate. That's Curry's job. Zach needs to rebound and put up a few points and sense rebounding isn't one of Curry's strengths, Zach should fit in appropriately. We all saw how siked Marbury was about getting Zach. This was the best move Thomas has made yet and with a healthy Q this team will be tuff to defend. We've got too many weapons. Which is why I want to bring in Artest and bench Crawford. That would mean even more offensive weapons on the bench.

How does Randolph compliment Curry on defense?

metrocard

Legend
7.2 Defensive boards per game. 2.9 Offensive.

We're already one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA.

How is Randolph going to help Curry on defense? I could see Randolph and Curry work pretty well on offense. But defensively its going to be as pain as Jamal's shooting.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

How is Randolph going to help Curry on defense? I could see Randolph and Curry work pretty well on offense. But defensively its going to be as pain as Jamal's shooting.

The whole argument for David Lee starting was his rebounding ability. Now we've got a better rebounder and offensive player than Lee and some how it's a bad thing? Randolph is not known for defense but that does not make him a defensive liability. The fact that Zach's a better scorer and rebounder makes him better at that position. Theoretically we've gone from one of the best rebounding teams in the league to the best rebounding team in the league. How can Randolph help Curry on defense? That's a loaded question. How can a team mate help you defend your man? Double team.

jzero29

Rotation player
rebounding a fundamental.

Good rebounding leads to less second chances for oppossing teams. Zack and Q are both good rebounders, big solid bodies, box guys out. Playing along side curry, they take up alot of space, Could be like mason and oak alongside ewing, if they had the defensive hustle and mindset, which they don't, but you can hope that isiah instills this hunger for good D. I hate to say it, but bringing in someone like artest, with his defensive efforts could rub off on zach and curry.(q plays good d) I.T. would get my praise as a coach if he could get those guys to hustle on D. They have size and speed to be a good defense, they just need the will power and hustle. They need to want to play great D every time, they have to want to contest everyshot, box for every rebound, take the charge on every drive, make guys pay for comming into the paint. Will they? I doubt it, but it would make them a much better team. I think the Offense is set, minus jamaal crawford.(sorry, I'll hate him, untill he actually improves) The Defense really needs work. I remember the guards would funnel, players right to Ewing, oak and mason and they'd send them packing, bruised,blocked,battered and/or bleeding. No one fears eddy curry, randolph and Q, the guards know they don't block shots, they drive right in, look at isiahs pistons(oldschool) they were the bad boys, guards didn't want to drive in on them, and then Detroit again with ben wallace was the same. Ben and rasheed... no one wanted to go in on them. SO guards settle for jump shots, and with good defenders they took tough outside shots, and they missed.

Last edited:

Bombay

Rookie
My man your not focused. Zach is a proven player with the potential to lead a franchise. If not for his off court antics (most were frivolous) Portland wouldn't have traded him. He also showed poise with his back against the wall after they drafted Lamarcus Aldridge. As for Maurice Taylor his best season was 99' 00' @ 17.1 a game 35 mins. At that same point (career) Zach avg 20.1 and 10.5 rbs. Also he's improved opposed to Taylor degenerate skills. I know David Lee is the fanfav but it is what it is. He's at best one of the best bigs coming off the bench with the energy he gives. but until he develops a J this shouldnt even be a topic. This is the NBA and he should be able to hit a consistant 17 footer. Honestly he's one of the reasons why teams were able to double ECity last season. If you got a 1/2 a$$ J teams will have to keep it honest. Zeke will make it work. These players got adequate respect for him:gony:

Last edited:

Allen

Benchwarmer
Too bad we can't have a no confidence vote on IT as President of basketball operations and Head Coach. I have absolutely no confidence in IT's abilities to make the frontcourt tandem of Curry and Randolf work. He didn't exactly make the backcourt tandem of Marbury and Francis work.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Too bad we can't have a no confidence vote on IT as President of basketball operations and Head Coach. I have absolutely no confidence in IT's abilities to make the frontcourt tandem of Curry and Randolf work. He didn't exactly make the backcourt tandem of Marbury and Francis work.
frontcourt and backcourt... that's kinda like apples and oranges ain't it... they're two totally different scenarios... to be fair, marbury-francis was a larry brown brainchild... thomas did greenlight it and he did tinker with it a bit but...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer

How much of that was clearly on Steve Francis? He had nothing in the tank, until Crawford went down with injury. then he tried and turned it on again. Don't blame Isiah for the fact he brought Francis in, relish in the fact he traded him out for Z-Bo a player with obvious NBA talent. It gets really boring hearing the same old complaints about IT. Apparently running the Knicks has become the easiest job in the world.

Allen

Benchwarmer
How much of that was clearly on Steve Francis? He had nothing in the tank, until Crawford went down with injury. then he tried and turned it on again. Don't blame Isiah for the fact he brought Francis in, relish in the fact he traded him out for Z-Bo a player with obvious NBA talent. It gets really boring hearing the same old complaints about IT. Apparently running the Knicks has become the easiest job in the world.

No running the knicks is not the easiest job. I blame IT for bringin Francis in because he should have said no to LB. Regardless its done and we now have Randolph for his trouble. Randolph has an ego and Curry is lazy, I just don't have the confidence in IT to make this work. They can talk all they want during the offseason about improving themselves etc. but I won't believe it until I see some tanegable results.

I keep hearing about we got more talent, more talent and more talent. To quote one of Kevin Durant's favorite sayings "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
No running the knicks is not the easiest job. I blame IT for bringin Francis in because he should have said no to LB. Regardless its done and we now have Randolph for his trouble. Randolph has an ego and Curry is lazy, I just don't have the confidence in IT to make this work. They can talk all they want during the offseason about improving themselves etc. but I won't believe it until I see some tanegable results.

I keep hearing about we got more talent, more talent and more talent. To quote one of Kevin Durant's favorite sayings "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"
saying no to hall-of-famer-coach larry brown, who's the only coach to win nba and ncaa crowns, who you just signed for 30+ mil, is easier said than done... anyway, that whole francis idea was well-intended and everything but... sayonara... curry and randolph, let's see... you'll see it soon enough.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i have a question...if zeke traded ariza, penny and frye for zach randolph, dickau and fred jones....would you guys call that a good trade or a bad trade? because essentially that is what happened....we got francis for penny and ariza, and we got zach, dickau, jones or frye and francis.....i dont see how you guys can badmouth isiah for these players who we gave up chicken shit for...