Who should be the Starting Shooting Guard?

Who should be the starting shooting guard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
JR Smith has more offense to offer as a SG but he simply shoots too much for the team chemistry to work. At this point, I'd settle for Shump who is work in progress and should get better over time.

metrocard

Legend
JR Smith has more offense to offer as a SG but he simply shoots too much for the team chemistry to work. At this point, I'd settle for Shump who is work in progress and should get better over time.

Theres nothing wrong with JR Smith shooting....his jumpshot always been good..can slash and drive...one of the quickest 6"6 guys you can find in the NBA. He's more of a 3pt threat than anyone at SG....its obvious to start him, he'll take pressure off Lin.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think Shumpert fits in better with the 1st unit and Fields looks better with the 2nd unit

Shumpert adds perimeter D and Fields will give the 2nd unit help on the boards

also

Iman Shumpert>>>>>>>Dwyane Wade

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Theres nothing wrong with JR Smith shooting....his jumpshot always been good..can slash and drive...one of the quickest 6"6 guys you can find in the NBA. He's more of a 3pt threat than anyone at SG....its obvious to start him, he'll take pressure off Lin.

I don't really agree with this I think it adds more pressure to Lin in the starting lineup. Lin already has to worry about feeding Melo and Amare I think thats one of the main reason he looks so tentative to start games adding Smith to the starting lineup just takes more away from his game and makes him think theres another guy I have to constantly make sure gets touches.

Plus JR brings a nice spark off the bench

I'd rather have Shump and Davis as the starting back court

I voted for Shump, but after reading the posts on here and thinking about it some more I think I'd keep it the way it is. The second unit is straight balling right now. No need to mess with it. They can always play Fields less minutes when Shumps defensive skills or JR's shooting skills are needed...

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

I wouldn't be against starting JR Smith over Fields who shouldn't be in the starting lineup. Over the past few games, I have been quite impressed by JR Smith's defense. He can get physical with bigger guys and contain them reasonably well.

But my vote still goes to Shump who should only improve with more playing time. He is a great one-on-one defender and has the ability to go to the hole hard. With him running on the wing, Lin will have more options to distribute the ball.

Number3

Benchwarmer
if we put Jr Smith at SG then Jeffries has to replace Statue to balance it out

Lin Melo Smith... all scorers and Jeffries and Chandler defending and rebounds

metrocard

Legend
I don't really agree with this I think it adds more pressure to Lin in the starting lineup. Lin already has to worry about feeding Melo and Amare I think thats one of the main reason he looks so tentative to start games adding Smith to the starting lineup just takes more away from his game and makes him think theres another guy I have to constantly make sure gets touches.

Plus JR brings a nice spark off the bench

I'd rather have Shump and Davis as the starting back court

Nope.

JR Smith spreads the floor. Shumpert likes to slash, but it clutters the offense.

I don't think you understand...

A spaced out floor = best for Amare and Lin. Amare disappears when you have 3 guys producing in the paint or iso. Lin turns the ball over and has to stop his dribble.

JR Smith is BY FAR the best option at SG. Spread the ball out...avoid turnovers..keep the ball moving.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Nope.

JR Smith spreads the floor. Shumpert likes to slash, but it clutters the offense.

I don't think you understand...

A spaced out floor = best for Amare and Lin. Amare disappears when you have 3 guys producing in the paint or iso. Lin turns the ball over and has to stop his dribble.

JR Smith is BY FAR the best option at SG. Spread the ball out...avoid turnovers..keep the ball moving.

I know JR is the best sg on the team I just love Shumperts D, and think JR can help the 2nd unit more once he finally gets his rhythm