$18.75m

Is Ronnie Brewer far and away a better player than Fields?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I actually feel bad for Landry, he's seen better times in a Knicks uniform and I hope he'll snap back and adjust his game. That $19 mil contract must be a huge pressure!

I do however enjoy the Raptors spending all those money and gettin squat in return, it's a nice feeling :)

tiger0330

Legend
Another good move by GG, letting Landry go.

Probably a better move than not resigning Lin imo.

It's early but with what he had to work with in putting this team together Grunwald deserves Exec of the year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Enjoy Toronto!

(After 4 games played)
Pts 2.5
FG%.200
Ast 1.8
Reb 3.0
Stl 0.75

Looks like we dodged a bullet.

iJoe

Rotation player
I wonder if Kiya still believes this guy is the second coming of George Gervin

Heh not to mention his love fest with Toney Douglas whose FG% is now a whopping 7%

Great drops by the Knicks. Only regret is that we didn't trade Fields for good assets when everyone wanted him. Remember when he was untouchable?

CoolClyde

LOL @ the poll options

ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. just noticed that. good one.

i posted this in Trade Tracker thread, needs to be reinstated here:

------------------------------------------------------------------
LAUNDRY FAILS

Haha! Laundry folding in Toronto! F*CK YOU, CRAPTORS!!!

Landry Fields, F, Raptors (@OKC, DAL, PHI): Fields has been a fixture in Toronto's starting lineup over the first week of the season, but you wouldn't know it by looking at his numbers. The 24-year-old has scored a combined seven points over his first three games (2.3 ppg) to go along with 3.3 rebounds and just 1.6 assists. He is also shooting a putrid 21 percent from the field and missed on his only 3-point attempt thus far. While we would expect Fields to get himself on track a bit once he gets comfortable with his new teammates, it doesn't appear he is going to see much more than 20 minutes per game with the Raptors' deep bench. Fields' all-around production has made him a viable low-end option in most Rotisserie leagues over his first two years in the league, but he is simply not performing up to par right now....

tiger0330

Legend
Fields is going so bad Metrocard's prediction that Flight White would have a better season than Landry might actually come true.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallinari Too!

Another guy who looks terrible lately is Gallinari. In one game he was 3 for 17, last night he was 3 for 11. He could never finish andnow he cannot even make jump shots.

Sage

Rotation player
Fields is one of those guys that regardless of what team he's on, I'd really like to see him do well.

But he's not. He hit the rookie wall and it seems like he just kept on hitting it.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Enjoy Toronto!

(After 4 games played)
Pts 2.5
FG%.200
Ast 1.8
Reb 3.0
Stl 0.75

Looks like we dodged a bullet.

Ronnie's stats

Pts 9.7
FG% .500
Ast 1.3
Reb 6.7
Stl 1.0

Ill take that even though its only been 3 games, he'll only get better.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Me and my friend were saying TO was bugging with that contract to Fields and that he would get exposed up there.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Definitely a great call not to go anywhere near matching that contract Toronto offered Fields. I did like him as a Knick, but his production was nose diving and Brewer has played really well. I do hope Fields finds his feet again in the league, and think he will in time, but at this moment glad he's not on this roster.