2019 NBA Free Agency Thread

Broadway

All Star
Kemba a 35-mil dollar player? Woah... I doubt he would’ve opted for Knicks over BOS bc he wants to win.

I think Rozier is a better fit for us, given age and contract commitment.

Sad when Rozier and Randle are your fallback options, after all the hype and dreams....

Still have 24 hrs to dream of KD/KL tho. Enjoy.

Rozier is not a better fit no matter how much NY Ink it draws, knock it off Maf

If Kyrie and even to a worse degree Harrison Barnes can bank so can Kemba simply off the strength of a little man carrying the burden of a whole franchise on his back for yrs

tiger0330

Legend

If Kyrie and even to a worse degree Harrison Barnes can bank so can Kemba simply off the strength of a little man carrying the burden of a whole franchise on his back for yrs
Welcome back B. These are just the kind of incisive comments that I gave you props for in the Summer League thread. We were debating the choice of DLo for the max or Rozier for a short term deal @ 15-20M/yr. I prefer Rozier thinking he can grow into the role of a starting PG with playing time like he did in the 2018 playoffs. He’s got a lot pit bull in him which I like also.

mafra

Legend
Last I checked, Rozier helped lead BOS to ECF, no? What has Kemba done in playoffs?

Kemba for 4/140 vs Rozier for 2/24?

I think Rozier is a better defender

Kemba is gonna be 29 and has reached playoffs twice in his career...

Rozier will be entering age 25 year... has proven he can lead a team to conf Finals... so, yeah, from a NYK perspective... I think he makes more sense.

Rozier wants to start but isn?t ball dominant... that?s one reason why. Kemba would make DSJ worthless...

I believe Rozier a better fit with DSJ.

It would be a different story if Kemba were coming with a healthy KD or with KL.

But, with an injured KD... give me a 25 yr-old TR plus 20 mil to play with per season over maxing out Kemba.

I got no problem with Kemba getting paid... but I wouldn?t want Walker on this NYK team at 29 making 35 mil a year. Wouldn?t help our future much.

Reports say that Miami could possibly snipe Houston in arranging a sign and trade for Jimmy Butler. Can never count out Miami making an impact in free agency.

mafra

Legend
Marc Stein

@TheSteinLine
The Orlando Magic are preparing a four-year offer believed to be in excess of $90 million to their All-Star center Nikola Vucevic in hopes of completing a deal shortly after Sunday's opening bell in free agency, league sources say

I remember pulling out my phone in the late evening two years ago and seeing that we?d signed THJ to a huge contract. Man, I don?t want that feeling again. I hope if we give some middling guys some big deals, we really do keep them to 1 or 2 year deals.

Remember 2 years ago how we were going to build a team around KP, WHG, THJ, and Ntilikina? That didn?t work out, huh?

Now let?s try it again with RJ, MRob, DSJ, and Knox. Man, our front office is going to have a real hard time making a sales pitch to stars.

Clippers reportedly looking to try to pair Kawhi with Jimmy Butler. Backs up a recent report that Clippers have cooled on pursuing Durant because they don?t want a guy who can?t help them this coming season.

According to Kleiman, Durant has no idea what he is doing. Sounds to me like his choices are stay in GS with his good buddy Draymond, go to the NBA?s littlest stage in Brooklyn with Kyrie, or come watch a lottery team play at MSG. Yikes.

tiger0330

Legend
Clippers reportedly looking to try to pair Kawhi with Jimmy Butler. Backs up a recent report that Clippers have cooled on pursuing Durant because they don’t want a guy who can’t help them this coming season.

According to Kleiman, Durant has no idea what he is doing. Sounds to me like his choices are stay in GS with his good buddy Draymond, go to the NBA’s littlest stage in Brooklyn with Kyrie, or come watch a lottery team play at MSG. Yikes.

Look at those choices, if KD isn't insane he takes the Warriors dough and forgets about the Knicks and Nets.

Broadway

All Star
Last I checked, Rozier helped lead BOS to ECF, no? What has Kemba done in playoffs?

Kemba for 4/140 vs Rozier for 2/24?

I think Rozier is a better defender

Kemba is gonna be 29 and has reached playoffs twice in his career...

Rozier will be entering age 25 year... has proven he can lead a team to conf Finals... so, yeah, from a NYK perspective... I think he makes more sense.

Rozier wants to start but isn?t ball dominant... that?s one reason why. Kemba would make DSJ worthless...

I believe Rozier a better fit with DSJ.

It would be a different story if Kemba were coming with a healthy KD or with KL.

But, with an injured KD... give me a 25 yr-old TR plus 20 mil to play with per season over maxing out Kemba.

I got no problem with Kemba getting paid... but I wouldn?t want Walker on this NYK team at 29 making 35 mil a year. Wouldn?t help our future much.

Naaaaahhhhh not when Knick fans have been laughing at Ainge for keeping Rozier out of deals. I remember vividly the laughing and cosigning the mockery because he wouldn't include Rozier in an Ibaka deal. That was 2yrs ago and nothing has changed with Rozier's game. Now it's time to pay him Reggie Jackson money or worse. A kid who supposedly was butthurt because Kyrie and Hayward got vet love treatment....

EWWWWWWW NO THANKSTANK YOU!!!!

Kemba solves out PG problem we've had for yrs and truth be told Rozier really isn't a "Point Guard" but I got a better analogy when looking at Kemba's worth and relevance

When Masai got to Toronto his first significant move was trading for Lowry who was due a deal 2yrs later and re-upped him again at crazy dollars the yr prior to acquiring Kawhi through trade. While he was 3yrs younger than Kemba sometimes those moves are the ones people forget about that should be made. We will regret not getting Kemba a player we attempted to trade for twice but like Kyle got too bent out of shape giving up assets while weakening them....

Sound Familiar oh let me remind you...?

Like when we could've traded for Kyle but we thought Shumpert the original Knits was too much to give up in a trade....LAUGHABLE! Where did Kyle lead any team prior to getting traded to Toronto? What is Kyle now?

Broadway

All Star
Fellas I've missed you dearly, I've just been super busy working 2 gigs and constantly tired but don't ever take none of my posts/tweets too seriously.

Y'all best believe my chambers are loaded full of bullets and I'm about to empty every clip over the next week or so. I have a buttload to say about our franchise-fans/NBA...GOOD and BAD

I hope you guys are maintaining and doing well, matter of fact better than myself...ALWAYS!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Rozier's team-ball skills the past 4 yrs as Boston's back-up PG has average a B+ Grade plus average 50 win seasons.

Kemba's performance did a little advancing last season under teammate coach/player Tony Parker however, Kemba's team-balls skills are not as high as Rozier or Kyrie, especially not when under pressure.

Kyrie's attitude and individual-team performance as a guard has really pissed off a lot of his teammates on two previous teams Cavs & Celts .... Kyrie's individual skills will not be the type of starter PG the Knicks young-core players would need to build a same-page team-ball system on both sides of the court in the upcoming season.

mafra

Legend
For me, personally, I saw an impressive Rozier in that playoff run 2 years ago... 17-5-5 type dude. This season the entire team laid an egg bc of Kyrie and GH. I?ll give him a pass and guess that was just a slight derailment....

For 2 years and 24 mil type money. Great. Much better than 35 per year for Kemba.

We aren?t winning if we just sign Kemba... so, if that?s the case, I prefer giving DSJ every opportunity to become the man...

DSJ-RJ-MRob-Knox is the focus...

And, with that as my thinking, give me Rozier and Randle and let?s see what the kids become.

Now, If we got a healthy KD it a KL... then yes... give Kemba max and let?s roll.

Knicks can?t repeat mistakes from 2010. Don?t try to build a winner for next 3 years... build for the future... a dynasty.

mafra

Legend
Fellas I've missed you dearly, I've just been super busy working 2 gigs and constantly tired but don't ever take none of my tweets too seriously.

Y'all best believe my chambers are loaded full of bullets and I'm about to empty every clip over the next week or so. I have a buttload to say about our franchise-fans/NBA...GOOD and BAD

I hope you guys are maintaining and doing well, matter of fact better than myself...ALWAYS!

If Knicks fail to land 1 of the top dawgs then Mills has to be fire and both Fiz and Perry on notice. Trading KP then blowing this would be tantamount to gross incompetence.

Broadway

All Star
Send MJ a bouquet and a Rolex on the house Knicks from saving us from ourselves.

Now let's see how far Rozier takes the Hornets. That Kemba load is his now, good luck young fella

Not going to lie, I?m starting to develop a real morbid curiously of how we are going to spend 60 million dollars on only 1 and 2 year deals, assuming we strike out on big names.

Broadway

All Star
Remember I told everyone and their mom not to place any ounce of worth on what this man says even if he has a 100% chance of being 5% right?

mafra

Legend
I wonder what the deal is?

They were talking about that possibility this afternoon, on NBA Radio... b/c CHA has no PG, with Walker leaving and Parker retiring. Ainge probably happy to keep him away from NYK...

If MJ has to cough up a big deal... then he?s a fool rolling the dice.

CHA didn?t have much cap room to replace Walker, tho. So they were desperate.

Broadway

All Star
Not going to lie, I’m starting to develop a real morbid curiously of how we are going to spend 60 million dollars on only 1 and 2 year deals, assuming we strike out on big names.

What, you don't like the idea of signing Boogie Oogie to a 1yr $20mio deal, and Rodney Hood to a 1yr $14mio deal, and Danny Green to a 1yr $12mio deal, and Elfrid Payton to 1yr $12mio deal? ROTFLOL!

I even left a little change on the table for US

mafra

Legend
If we don?t get KD and/or KL, then next season is all about DSJ-RJ-KNox-MRob.

To me, that means they need a PF... Cousins, Randle, Porter are the top three options.

Next year?s free agent class is trash, so there?s no point worry about finances...

Commit a THjr type contract to Randle or Porter, and let them the leader and muscle on the floor for those 4 kids?

Roll dice on Cousins, and hope he impacts team like STAT did that first season... be a rugged interior force like Zach Randolph?

What would be y?all?s call?