STAT's out indefinitely...

knicksin60

Starter
Even if the Knicks lost all of the remaining games on their schedule they wouldn't have enough losses to receive a top 5 draft pick.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I read he's going to Miami for a 2nd opinion.

The good news is it's a bulged disc and not a herniated disc, his time table is unpredictable it could be a few weeks or months.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Ao9dxZPCQAE93vd.jpg

lol i dunno man....

tiger0330

Legend
Jeff Foster just retired because of back injuries and his boss Larry Bird the same. Those guys had surgeries before their eventual retirements so as long as Amare can avoid the knife I think he has a few more years.

For better or for worse, we're stuck with him because he's untradeable with a bad back, a history of knee surgeries and that contract.

Kiyaman

Legend
I read he's going to Miami for a 2nd opinion.

The good news is it's a bulged disc and not a herniated disc, his time table is unpredictable it could be a few weeks or months.

When I heard it was a bulged-disc....I said Stat & Jefferies will be returning together. :thumbsup:
The K.O. member who wrote Ice would be the best solution for Stat's back to finish this
season is 100% right.

Which mean Woody, Herb, and Atkins have to get up off their lazyazzess to give
our young bigmen 7.0 Jerome Jordan & 6.10 Jorts overtime practice (personal training)
on putting in ten decent minutes of playingtime as a NBA bigman....the thought
of us putting 2 guards in Baron Davis & Shump in the starting lineup to replace an
injured Lin & Stat proves we dont have a "Big-man coach on our staff".
Our poor coaching-staff want us to get veteran experience bigmen on the roster so
they dont have to do anything but run out for coffee for their paycheck. Its a terrible
sickness with my Knicks team....to watch David Lee not have any bigmen help, Stat not
have any bigmen help, now Tyson without any bigmen help.

KingofNy

Starter
We really should've picked up Ronny Turiaf this season. God forbid we drop Douglas or Bibby though. LOL. That non-move is going to come to haunt us IMO.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I have bulging disc in my back and facet syndrome. My back literally locks up from time to time. I'm out of commission for like a week at a clip. Thanks God it only happens like 2-3x a year.

With that said, i'm 55 years old, and i had bulging disc since about 40. It didn't start locking up till i was like 46, so long story short, i don't feel Amar;e is in any worst shape then Patrick Ewings knees were in all those years. Lots of ice after games, and lots of stetching, and know what bothers your back the most, and try to eliminate it, or adjust.

I think Amar'e realizes in a few days that Ice is his best friend now and heat sucks ass...we'll see...i'm sure this didn't just happen, and he was playing fine

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. The forum clearly needs it.

Anyone ever heard of a guy named Larry Johnson? This was a long, long time ago before players stopped playing defense and called themselves 'Super Stars'. Anyway, Johnson played with chronic back injuries for years. And his injury was far more severe than a bulging disk. LJ's back issues ranged from a pinched nerve, back springs and a rupturing patellar tendon. Yet through all of this he still managed to help the Charlotte Hornets get 50 wins and went to help the Knicks make history as the first 8 seed to make it to the finals.

Also keep in mind that Galinari has laminotomy back surgery and he's come back nicely. So retirement talk is nonsense.

Kiyaman

Legend
and folks...this is exactly why you don't sign an injury prone big man to a fat contract.

Metro....the way I see it, in the 2010 Star FA offseason there wasnt one big name FA interested in signing with a flawed Knicks organization that promoted a "2010-Plan" for two years by dissrespecting the Knicks players on the roster by personally tanking seasons with personal conflict DNP.
The 2010 FA knew Walsh & Dantoni was worst than Isiah Thomas.

If we wouldnt have given Stat $100M for 5 years we would be challenging the Nets for the best record.
Our players tried to get Dantoni FIRED before the Melo trade, during the Postseason sweep, and at the start of this season with a 1-9 stretch....

Kiyaman

Legend
We really should've picked up Ronny Turiaf this season. God forbid we drop Douglas or Bibby though. LOL. That non-move is going to come to haunt us IMO.

I thought the same thing when the Wizards released him....then I found out Turiaf only played 4 games this season out of the Wizards 40 something games....but played all 3 of Miami games since signing on.

Thoughts

jimkcchief88

All Star
and folks...this is exactly why you don't sign an injury prone big man to a fat contract.

+1 We all knew STAT was an injury prone superstar when we got him. We had a cheaper, home grown alternative, and Mizzourah boy in David Lee who wasn't injury prone. Now we gotta deal with STAT and his injuries in a strike shortened season that is killing injured stars. Here in Chicago neither D-Rose or Rip can stay on the court.

Now is the time everyone hating on the MELO trade needs to clam up. This is why you gutted the team to get MELO cause he is a mellow fellow. He can carry this team and like Bruce Pearls' old Tennessee Vols:" We still got Weapons." Get well soon STAT, we will need you for the Playoffs.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. The forum clearly needs it.

Anyone ever heard of a guy named Larry Johnson? This was a long, long time ago before players stopped playing defense and called themselves 'Super Stars'. Anyway, Johnson played with chronic back injuries for years. And his injury was far more severe than a bulging disk. LJ's back issues ranged from a pinched nerve, back springs and a rupturing patellar tendon. Yet through all of this he still managed to help the Charlotte Hornets get 50 wins and went to help the Knicks make history as the first 8 seed to make it to the finals.

Also keep in mind that Galinari has laminotomy back surgery and he's come back nicely. So retirement talk is nonsense.
WoW old school the DON is in the house

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think between Jorts and Jordan we can almost make up what we lose from STAT. Its just up to the coaching staff to get those two guys ready to perform. Just from the little bit I've seen from Jordan I think he may be a better post defender than Amare. Jorts is tough but needs more discipline.

Hopefully STAT's bulging dik doesn't keep him out for the season.

JNg3y.gif