JR Smith Says Playing Defense Is for His Teammates to Worry About

metrocard

Legend
Don?t ask J.R. Smith about the Knicks? defensive woes. Smith admits he doesn?t know much about playing defense.

?That?s really not my area of expertise. I?m more of a scoring-type player,? Smith told the New York Post. ?I?ll leave that to those guys. Whatever they want to do, it?s OK with me. Just let me know.??

Smith, who is feuding with head coach Mike Woodson, said he doesn?t think the coach?s defensive scheme is responsible for the team?s five-game losing streak and 15-27 record. Woodson has hinted at switching to a zone to help solve the team?s defensive struggles and held a three-hour practice on Thursday.

?Right now we?re pretty much open to anything new,?? Smith told the Post. ?The old stuff isn?t really getting it done. But at the end of the day, it?s going to come from the players. I don?t think it?s coach?s fault or the scheme?s fault. If you play hard and play smart it?s tough to lose games.??

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...th-defense-knicks-struggles-mike-woodson-feud

jr_smith_defense_expertise.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
I wonder how long JRsmith had this type of attitude, and where did it come from???

Smith admits he doesn’t know much about playing defense. “That’s really not my area of expertise. I’m more of a scoring-type player, I’ll leave that to those guys. Whatever they want to do, it’s OK with me. Just let me know.”

JRsmith is in his 10th season in the NBA, and his 8th season with Franchise Player Carmelo Anthony as a teammate.

I wonder if NBA Franchise players .. Duncan, KG, D.Wade, Lebron, Durant, and Westbrook, would accept a player like JRsmith as a teammate? I know franchise rookie CP3 got rid of JRsmith as a teammate after one season together.

skisloper

Starter
I wonder how long JRsmith had this type of attitude, and where did it come from???

JRsmith is in his 10th season in the NBA, and his 8th season with Franchise Player Carmelo Anthony as a teammate.

I wonder if NBA Franchise players .. Duncan, KG, D.Wade, Lebron, Durant, and Westbrook, would accept a player like JRsmith as a teammate? I know franchise rookie CP3 got rid of JRsmith as a teammate after one season together.

Clearly nobody wanted him.....his last 2 free agencies restricted and non-restricted the Knicks are the only team that offered him a contract. He is not the smartest guy in the world.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Kiya do not waste a chance to hit on Melo, if it is cloudy it is for sure Melo's fault... :)
come on, he is really fighting there, at least give him credit for that, if the rest of the team were giving half his effort this year we would be top 3 east..... I am talking about Melo of course, not the nut case.....

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya do not waste a chance to hit on Melo, if it is cloudy it is for sure Melo's fault... :)
come on, he is really fighting there, at least give him credit for that, if the rest of the team were giving half his effort this year we would be top 3 east..... I am talking about Melo of course, not the nut case.....

Dragon .... the last 2 time Melo was out with a injury for two weeks or more ..
1) Billups took the Denver Nuggets on a win streak without Melo
2) A D.League Jeremy Lin took us Knicks on a win streak to change a 8-15 (iso-iso) record to a 15-15 (teamball) record without Melo. When Melo came back from injury we had a 16-16 record.

When we added Melo & JR to the rotation we went on a 2-6 run to have a 18-24 record team.
This made HC Dantoni quit at the 24th loss.
With new HC Woodson we went on a 7-1 run to get a 25-25 record, both Amare & Lin quit after our 25th win with season injuries.
Melo & JR are not Team-Players and the topic of this post proves that as FACT.

Melo = Marbury know they can not be out with injury bc the theirs team play better without them.

The Denver Brawl
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?2998-These-are-the-suspensions

uber

Benchwarmer

Last year Amare (our other FRANCHISE Player) said that he was never taught to play defense. Let me guess, that's also on Melo?

metrocard

Legend
Last year Amare (our other FRANCHISE Player) said that he was never taught to play defense. Let me guess, that's also on Melo?

Melo played in the Western Conference...so Melo spread his disease on Amare throughout Amare's run on the West.

It explains everything.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Clearly that attitude (of JR) caused the fall out between him and Woodson. Too many things have gone wrong for me to blame any one person. Melo should be absolved of the Knicks failures.

metrocard

Legend
Clearly that attitude (of JR) caused the fall out between him and Woodson. Too many things have gone wrong for me to blame any one person. Melo should be absolved of the Knicks failures.

Well, you got a lot of guys in the "I'm THREW WITH MELO" thread that would disagree with that.