Knicks should trade Negative STAT for KG

KingCharles34

All Star
Look, I know KG Is old and close to useless but at least he still knows how to play some defense and hes a hell of a lot better decision maker then Atari ever dreamed of being.

It doesnt even have to be Garnett, get me any other power forward besides this fraud. Amerie Stouderetire has failed almost as badly as David Lee did. I'd prefer Tractor Trailors dead body as our starting PF over - STAT

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
David Lee and Tyson Chandler actually sounds like a great duo. Lee actually tries at defense, whether he's good at it or not.

KingCharles34

All Star
I actually have to give Lee some credit, going off of what I've seen so far it does look like hes trying more then ever this year. I gotta give Mark Jackson some credit too, hes off to a good start. He reminds me of Doc Rivers the way he communicates with his players. He speaks from the heart

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I actually have to give Lee some credit, going off of what I've seen so far it does look like hes trying more then ever this year. I gotta give Mark Jackson some credit too, hes off to a good start. He reminds me of Doc Rivers the way he communicates with his players. He speaks from the heart
I know little about technical stuff in coaching, but I was thinking that he does seem like a coach likable to play for. I don't know if Jackson is great at setting up plays or not, but he seems to genuinely care about the players and let them know that their on the same page as far as being a team.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Yikes, please not KG, I hate that dude beyond belief, I honestly wouldn't trade Jerome Jordan for KG, I just do not want that ahole on the Knicks. I understand what you are saying, but chalk me up for a hell no.

New New York

Quiet Storm
can we at least get to a month before the deadline to really make a determination on who needs to be traded for what!

Stat's game is struggling now very much like it did when Shaq arrived in Phoenix....why? because there is a 7 ft player clogging the lane!

In Phoenix Stat played along side of Marion and Kurt Thomas before Shaq and he was an All NBA First Teamer, it is not simply poor play on his part, its floor spacing!

Our shooters are not dropping shots to spread the floor and yes Stat is not in mid season form! His shot is not nearly as consistent, Stat would easily be averaging 4 more a game if his J was falling this season. Coming off an off season surgery and then a lockout, this is not as alarming as people make it! True it sucks, but not a time to panic and do some drastic, like say trade Amare in his prime for and aging KG!

But consider how his game will pickup when BD is there to run the pick and roll

My point is this, shelf all the trade talk of Stat for poor performances after just 12 games, Stat is a proven leader and hard worker, those type players bounce back from shooting slumps and adapt as needed!

Breathe People!!!!

DrB

Benchwarmer
Look, I know KG Is old and close to useless but at least he still knows how to play some defense and hes a hell of a lot better decision maker then Atari ever dreamed of being.

It doesnt even have to be Garnett, get me any other power forward besides this fraud. Amerie Stouderetire has failed almost as badly as David Lee did. I'd prefer Tractor Trailors dead body as our starting PF over - STAT[/quote

When I read this shit I know my brothers here on the forum are at their WITS END....KG is cooked put the folk in.

Wargames

Starter
^^^ yeah everybody is sort of coming up with desperate scenarios but .... dammit watching the Knicks play makes you think up of desperate trade scenarios. I want to say Baron will fix it but their are soooo many holes on the roster. I also want to blame the coach but I don't think Dolan is going fire him just not to loose his salary to pay him to not coach. The worse part of this is the Knicks won't get their pick because they traded it for post injury T-Mac....

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
can we at least get to a month before the deadline to really make a determination on who needs to be traded for what!

Stat's game is struggling now very much like it did when Shaq arrived in Phoenix....why? because there is a 7 ft player clogging the lane!

In Phoenix Stat played along side of Marion and Kurt Thomas before Shaq and he was an All NBA First Teamer, it is not simply poor play on his part, its floor spacing!

Our shooters are not dropping shots to spread the floor and yes Stat is not in mid season form! His shot is not nearly as consistent, Stat would easily be averaging 4 more a game if his J was falling this season. Coming off an off season surgery and then a lockout, this is not as alarming as people make it! True it sucks, but not a time to panic and do some drastic, like say trade Amare in his prime for and aging KG!

But consider how his game will pickup when BD is there to run the pick and roll

My point is this, shelf all the trade talk of Stat for poor performances after just 12 games, Stat is a proven leader and hard worker, those type players bounce back from shooting slumps and adapt as needed!

Breathe People!!!!

Yea your right this is a huge overreaction STAT is playing below average but he needs to learn to adjust with Chandler, he needs a play maker setting him up, and his jumper has not been falling.

I will admit though he doesn't seem to be playing with the same energy or confidence as last year he needs to wake up and start being more aggressive on both ends of the floor. Every good team needs to go through some adversity it's better the Knicks go through it now while their still trying to gel and no BD.

KingCharles34

All Star
I wasnt really serious about KG but theres still a list of things he does better then Amare even at this point. KG cant really jump no more, hes lost a great deal of lateral quickness but hes still a better defender, team player, passer, and decision maker.

Surprisingly i dont really hate KG anymore, cant say i like him either. Its just kinda sad seeing players that I remember as rookies get old. KG's the type of player u like if hes on your team but u hate him if hes on another team u play 4 times a year. Hes still a great teammate but hes fallin far from the player he was. Hes not even worth hating anymore, hes a role player at this point. The Celtics wont even be healthy come playoff time, they're not a threat to anyone. At least were still 500, they're 4 and 7 and they got the thunder tomorrow.

Last edited: