Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Holy shit.. Lin first player since Lebron James in 2003 to get atleast 20 or more points and 8+ assist in their first two starts...

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
What do you guys think of Lin's defensive abilities?

I like that he (tries to) takes charges and tries to go for some steals.

mafra

Legend
J-Lin schooled Deron Williams, then D-Harris, and last night it was Mr. Wall who ordered some take-out!

DAL fans down here in TX loved Lin. He actually outshined Wall in the Summer league with the Mavs.

There's never been a issue about Lon's intelligence, savvy, bball IQ, athletic ability, & offensive prowess. The questions were about how his game would translate in the NBA: Could he play enough defense, could he handle the physical nature of the game, could he run an offense, hit jumpers. Things of that nature.

Lin is taking his opportunity and running with it. A perfect storm has allowed him to step up. not having Carmelo & Amar'e actually benefits the kid. Get acclimated, w/out pressure, and run the show.

I've seen a PG with a nasty cross-over dribble.

I've seen a PG w/out excellent court vision.

I've seen a PG who can run the pick-&-roll (better than anybody on our roster).

I've seen a blazing quick athlete.

I've seen a bull-strong type penetrator who can finish at the tin amidst contact.

I've witnessed a PG who can set up our bigs (Amar'e will see his ppg bump up 6-8 points alone b/c of Lin's passing).

I know it's only 3 games. Greg Anthony started like this. But I haven't been this tickled about a young PG on the Knicks since Marc Jax & Rod-Strict.

J-Lin might save D'ant's job. MDA might finally have a PG who can run his offense.

He might be a gem? Who knows. If he is the Knicks will win 5 titles. Why? Well, first of all, the could use the max cap space they planned on giving Deron and shell that out to Eric Gordon plus spare parts.

Lin
Gordon
Carmelo
Stoudemire
Chandler

What a starting 5. Enough left over to lure a Nash, sign JR Smith to hit 3s, and a back up big.

I'm excited again!

Lin-Novak reinforce what we learned last year in NBA Finals. A team beats a collection of stars. D'ant's offense will work if there's a PG to run it & spacing. Lin must still dominate the ball, and control the flow of the offense when Carmelo returns. CA's better not bully the youngster for the ball.

skisloper

Starter
J-Lin schooled Deron Williams, then D-Harris, and last night it was Mr. Wall who ordered some take-out!

DAL fans down here in TX loved Lin. He actually outshined Wall in the Summer league with the Mavs.

There's never been a issue about Lon's intelligence, savvy, bball IQ, athletic ability, & offensive prowess. The questions were about how his game would translate in the NBA: Could he play enough defense, could he handle the physical nature of the game, could he run an offense, hit jumpers. Things of that nature.

Lin is taking his opportunity and running with it. A perfect storm has allowed him to step up. not having Carmelo & Amar'e actually benefits the kid. Get acclimated, w/out pressure, and run the show.

I've seen a PG with a nasty cross-over dribble.

I've seen a PG w/out excellent court vision.

I've seen a PG who can run the pick-&-roll (better than anybody on our roster).

I've seen a blazing quick athlete.

I've seen a bull-strong type penetrator who can finish at the tin amidst contact.

I've witnessed a PG who can set up our bigs (Amar'e will see his ppg bump up 6-8 points alone b/c of Lin's passing).

I know it's only 3 games. Greg Anthony started like this. But I haven't been this tickled about a young PG on the Knicks since Marc Jax & Rod-Strict.

J-Lin might save D'ant's job. MDA might finally have a PG who can run his offense.

He might be a gem? Who knows. If he is the Knicks will win 5 titles. Why? Well, first of all, the could use the max cap space they planned on giving Deron and shell that out to Eric Gordon plus spare parts.

Lin
Gordon
Carmelo
Stoudemire
Chandler

What a starting 5. Enough left over to lure a Nash, sign JR Smith to hit 3s, and a back up big.

I'm excited again!

Lin-Novak reinforce what we learned last year in NBA Finals. A team beats a collection of stars. D'ant's offense will work if there's a PG to run it & spacing. Lin must still dominate the ball, and control the flow of the offense when Carmelo returns. CA's better not bully the youngster for the ball.

Gordon ? The cap space for Deron was if we trade one of our big3's.
Lets just lock LIN in as a restricted free agent.
we have no more money once LIN gets some.
LIN
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler

work just fine.

plus shump is getting better and better in his correct position....damn everyone is getting better.....even we feel better.....

This time last week we were F'in miserable and now its tough to contain the excitment.

mafra

Legend
Gordon ? The cap space for Deron was if we trade one of our big3's.
Lets just lock LIN in as a restricted free agent.
we have no more money once LIN gets some.
LIN
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler

work just fine.

plus shump is getting better and better in his correct position....damn everyone is getting better.....even we feel better.....

This time last week we were F'in miserable and now its tough to contain the excitment.

I believe we have enough cap space this offseason to give a near-max contract.

$59,188,422 Is where we're at currently. Carmelo, Amar;e TC, Balkman, Shumpert, TD & Jordan. 12-15 million should get us Gordon, resign Lin, Fields, Joorts, Walker or Novak, Jeffries or a Big.

Certainly would help uf we found a taker for Balkman at deadline this season.

But say we give Gordon 6-8 mil a year (he obviously would have to accept a somewhat lesser deal: 5 year 45 mil or something). This leaves us plenty of money to resign our guy, and bring in a vet (Nash) with exceptions & stuff.

Red

TYPE-A
Still have to find a back-up PG and fast before Mike runs Lin into the ground and he gets *******.

*don't even want to say it, but y'all know.

Plus a back-up needs time to get acclimated also

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I believe we have enough cap space this offseason to give a near-max contract.

$59,188,422 Is where we're at currently. Carmelo, Amar;e TC, Balkman, Shumpert, TD & Jordan. 12-15 million should get us Gordon, resign Lin, Fields, Joorts, Walker or Novak, Jeffries or a Big.

Certainly would help uf we found a taker for Balkman at deadline this season.

But say we give Gordon 6-8 mil a year (he obviously would have to accept a somewhat lesser deal: 5 year 45 mil or something). This leaves us plenty of money to resign our guy, and bring in a vet (Nash) with exceptions & stuff.
$59.18M is already over the cap (or near if it increases next season), which means the only way to sign another player is to use an exception and there is no exception allowing a team to spend extra $10M/year on a player.

mafra

Legend
$59.18M is already over the cap (or near if it increases next season), which means the only way to sign another player is to use an exception and there is no exception allowing a team to spend extra $10M/year.

Before they signed Chandler it was expected that the Knicks would have largest cap space in NBA. Around 20 mil. TC gets 14 mil of that. NBA economic projections hint towards a 61 mil cap.

I guess the only way it would work is if our big-3 stars all shave 2 mil off their current deals. Re-work stuff. Doubt that happens though.

Still, we could offer a deal in the vet min or exception stuff... What's that? 5 years for 5-6 mil or something? Teams over the cap are allowed to do something like this. BUT, you're correct, if Eric Gordon wants max money (which he'll probably covet), then there will eb another team getting his services.

So, let's look for another SG, and sign Nash.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
if you go on Jeremy Lin's website ( his friends ) you can catch a glimpse of when he went up against Wall in the summer league....

also below are some quotes from the Knicks players from palying against him.
"Those who have defended him say that Lin has an extremely rare arsenal of moves?the byproduct of posture, bent knees and peculiar fundamentals. And while being a dribbling expert sounds as exciting as being a chef who specializes in porridge, Lin has made it a devastating art. Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, who first guarded Lin during lockout exhibition games and now does in practice, said his possessions play out like this: When he's close to the basket, he starts an "in-and-out" dribble with his knees bent and his arm straight forward, creating the idea he can go inside or outside?and he does both. All of this is combined with what Jerome Jordan calls a "lethal first step." Lin is, in short, the NBA's undetectable star.

"He's got these moves?he's so fast and he's not playing high, he's playing so low that he's attacking your knees with this dribble. It's in a place where as soon as you make a move he just blows past you," Shumpert said. "To be that low, to have it that far out with your arms, it's pretty rare. I've never seen it."

Shumpert, known as a good defender, said there's nothing you can do to take his dribble away and he does not let up. Lin has other moves, with teammates praising his crossover dribble. When he uses these moves to get to the basket (and he always gets there), he does one of three things: finishes at the rim; passes to center Tyson Chandler, who will be open due to the defense collapsing on Lin; or finding an outside shooter, who are the most open of all due to Lin's penetration.

"It's the quickness that's low to the ground. I'm not saying he's like [Bulls guard] Derrick Rose or anything, but when you watch D-Rose closely, he's low to the ground and when you're that low and that fast, you see [Lin's success]," said Bill Walker.

Lin, who holds an economics degree, said he spent most of his summers working on dribbling, but cannot pinpoint when he developed the stealth movements he's burning the league with. "I'm working on trying to make it more deceptive," Lin said."

ITS really hard to beleive that NO NBA team gave this guy a real shot.....Hate to see it and say it but one thing its a bit racist......

Its ok because now we have him in the best team and the best city in the world

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
If STAT and Melo are serious and want to win a championship in their career, they'll restructure their contracts and take 2-3 mill off each....

They won't go hungry.

mafra

Legend
Its ok because now we have him in the best team and the best city in the world

The crossover is impossible to defend against when you dribble that low to the ground. You lean, you're beaten.

Wait until Amar'e gets back. Pick-&-roll with the game's best finisher. Take that away, and there's the alley-oops option to Tyson. Gaurd both bigs, Lin takes it to the cup. Somehow defend all that, then how do you guard the 3-point shot, or stop the kickout to the league's best ISO player?

I think MDA cooked up Lin in the lab, sold his soul t save his job.

What Lin also does well is attack the bigs during the pick-n-roll. Exactly what you're supposed to do.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Before they signed Chandler it was expected that the Knicks would have largest cap space in NBA. Around 20 mil. TC gets 14 mil of that. NBA economic projections hint towards a 61 mil cap.

I guess the only way it would work is if our big-3 stars all shave 2 mil off their current deals. Re-work stuff. Doubt that happens though.

Still, we could offer a deal in the vet min or exception stuff... What's that? 5 years for 5-6 mil or something? Teams over the cap are allowed to do something like this. BUT, you're correct, if Eric Gordon wants max money (which he'll probably covet), then there will eb another team getting his services.

So, let's look for another SG, and sign Nash.

We have zero cap space this summer. The league has already said the cap for next year will be the same as this year's, $58 mil.

We will only have the full MLE ($5 mil) available to spend this summer.

If STAT and Melo are serious and want to win a championship in their career, they'll restructure their contracts and take 2-3 mill off each....

They won't go hungry.

The CBA does not allow them to restructure their contracts. We're stuck with 3 players taking up 91% of our cap.

mafra

Legend
We have zero cap space this summer. The league has already said the cap for next year will be the same as this year's, $58 mil.

We will only have the full MLE ($5 mil) available to spend this summer.

The CBA does not allow them to restructure their contracts. We're stuck with 3 players taking up 91% of our cap.

Then we better pray Lin, Shumpert & Joorts are legitimate players. This is our supporting cast moving fwd.

Red

TYPE-A
I have no problem with that. They've all showed, when used properly, they have talent and natural abilities.

Jorts/Jerome Jordan have size, court awareness, and play D

Shump when encouraged to get to the hole can dominate, and his outside shot is improving as well as his decision making. His defense is NBA caliber

And Lin too can play D, run the show, penetrate and dish.

All actually play D so there are no glarring weaknesses, they're young and hungry, eager to show and prove, and are basically home grown except Lin.

As long as Mike doesn't run them ragged, we have a bright future.

One thing we need to see is how they react in the playoffs. Fields has much to prove in that scenario also.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Then we better pray Lin, Shumpert & Joorts are legitimate players. This is our supporting cast moving fwd.

Well, the nice thing is we can resign our current players in addition to the full MLE. We don't need to use the MLE to resign our players. We should still be able to add one more quality player to the mix.